Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

QPR Match Thread

Cheers Ginja, what a cracker (i''ll ignore QPR''s defence)[Y]Well done City. Great result. Hopefully the start of good things.

Thanks keelansgrandad for the Facebook tip 👍🏻. Two great goals there and a clean sheet. Good stuff👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Just the same as it was for Saturday''s result it is still early days but from the stream I saw for the last twenty minutes, we looked far more capable than last season''s squad, albeit against a Holloway team that gets it forward quickly.
And in midfield we look to have players who are comfortable in possession and look to play it properly-so far.
That will be three games where we have dominated possession and also our main striker has scored now.
Today was a Good Day as Ice Cube rapped.

Scum fans are heading for the toilets. They are sh1tting themselves that we''ll be resuming our usual position ahead of them in the next few weeks.

Two excellent goals and a clean sheet. That should do wonders for everyone''s confidence now we are 1 point off the top 6.

Find it funny looking through the thread - sarcastic posts about Martin coming on for Pinto yet Martin is and always has been the better of the two ar defending which is what we needed and he provided.

I presume Wildshut is injured as Pinto looked just as poor defensively.

Bar one or two unnecessarys, Husband had a good solid game and stopped far more than Pinto did and deserves credit.

Vrancic very good second half.

Clean sheet...

Yes!!

Well that all sounded very positive. Solid at the back, dynamic going forward. Don''t think it is any coincidence that our attacks seemed to be faster paced without Naismith in the middle though.

hopefully Vrancic is finding his feet. If he settles he could be a serious weapon this season. Also need Reed to remain uninjured - he looks a great signing. Amazing what a win & clean sheet does for confidence!

Agreed, I thought Reed was outstanding tonight. Was my MOM even before his goal. Franke and Zimmerman seemed to read the game very well, showing signs of developing a good understanding as a partnership. Back four certainly looks the most effective option at the moment, but good to know we have the back three in the locker - often works better against teams with two up top. A step in the right direction, need to get something on Saturday to keep the momentum going though!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]but good to know we have the back three in the locker[/quote]We don''t, but signs are good if the Leinster fables become factual.

Thoroughly good night for everyone.  The whole team came through well against a tough opponent - QPR are no mugs and were there to win the game.    You could go through the whole team and find positives (unless you''re And Smith Must Score [;)] ).   Thought Gunn was superb, along with Zimmerman and Franke.   Reed excellent and the midfield all worked their socks off.  Atmosphere was brilliant all evening and a joy to be at.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]but good to know we have the back three in the locker[/quote]We don''t, but signs are good if the Leinster fables become factual.[/quote]Is nobody going to chase me up on the Klose factor, ffs!? [:O]I honestly don''t know why I bother [:|]

I can''t help but like Holloway:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-defiant-bouncy-castle-qpr-lose-norwich

What''s west country for "waas goorn orn buh"?

Much better performance last night, thought Zimmerman/Franke/Gunn had a good game, Reed''s goal was brilliant but star of the show was Wes.

Plus a great atmosphere, well done to our fans