Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Burton Match Thread

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Fans like Morty are exactly why this club continually gets away with abject failure. Unfortunately Carrow Road is filled with ''Mortys'' every home game. Soft as.[/quote]At least we fill our ground, bin boy[;)]

norfolkbroadslim wrote:

''''Sacking him before May is far from pointless. It would give the new manager time to assess the squad in competitive games before the start of next season and crucially before the summer transfer window!''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He speaks the true true.

Need to build for next season with a new manager. AN had already proven he''s not good enough, this one result doesn''t change that likewise a win against the binners won''t either.

If the new manager inspires a fantastic run that sees us sneak into the play offs then bonus, but under AN and our consistently woeful away form, it''s not happening.

Remember when Neil was unbeaten away from home for us!? Now we''re beaten practically before a ball has been kicked

If we can lose to Burton we can lose to Ipswich, unfortunately.

I don''t agree Morty that beating Ipswich will make everything OK again, like GJP says until we''re in the playoffs AN is massively underperforming

[quote user="Alex "]Ricardo, I thought in the good spell leading up until Newcastle, Martin and Klose were keeping the goals conceded to a minimum, no? Not that I think conceding 2 to Newcastle is shameful or anything anyway.[/quote]Alex, over a season there are bound to be good and bad spells but the average goals against has been hovering around one and a half mark since about a dozen games. It was apparent to me then that auto was not on with that rate of concession. Perming different combinations of central defender didn''t solve the problem so this should have been addressed in the January window but it wasn''t.Some high scoring and exciting home games have masked this failure but it should be clear to everybody by now where the fault for no promotion lies. I was sincerely hoping that AN would put this right but I wonder now if he even acknowledges the problem because his focus always seems to be on midfield and attack.Playoffs are his minImum target IMO and that now looks longer odds than even money. While he remains in place we will always look full of goals at home but we will never threaten promotion until he learns to play the percentages away from home.

[quote user="hogesar"]If we can lose to Burton we can lose to Ipswich, unfortunately.

I don''t agree Morty that beating Ipswich will make everything OK again, like GJP says until we''re in the playoffs AN is massively underperforming[/quote]It was a deliberately flippant remark, more aimed at some of the mood swingers and serial miserableists on the thread[;)]I agree, play offs is the minimum requirement here.

Re. Ipswich...

I don''t think Neil could afford going behind in that game.

The absolute minimum is playoffs, but I think the they are now gone. 1 point from Rotherham, Wigan and Burton has done that. We had a huge chance with Leeds going to Ipswich but we are still further behind than when we started.

We need to win some big away games to get even close, but we cannot even beat one of the bottom 3.

I just can''t see us troubling the play off positions now I''m afraid. Yes it''s possible and there is always hope, but the reality is that what we are witnessing on the pitch is nowhere near good enough for a play off place.

Following the Worthington years, will just fail to get us up, be given next year too only to be pushed out after alienating the fans.....

I''m at a loss to see how we lack fight, I always thought the Scott''s were always renowned for their fight!

Lastly it''s no good keep going on about the same mistakes every away game, it''s the manager and coaching staff job to instil fight, organisation and effort, something lacking away from Carrow road.

I would ask the question of those who think that AN is still the man to take us forward.

If he were sacked, what difference would it make to you?

If we brought in, say Warburton, wouldn''t you get right behind him?

It isn''t disloyal or anti Norwich to think that AN isn''t up to it.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I would ask the question of those who think that AN is still the man to take us forward.

It isn''t disloyal or anti Norwich to think that AN isn''t up to it.[/quote]Change shouldn''t be made just for change sake.Managerial changes go wrong just as often as they go right.I would see Warburton as a sideways move, to be honest.

Whichever team from this squad of players, were they to reach the play-offs, god forbid, and were they then to get promoted, god forbid even more........would be chewed up and spat out by every Pl team week in and week out next season, judged on their timid performances against the bottom three teams of late.

Probably time to forget about the play-offs and accept that promotion with this inconsistent group would be a complete waste of time.

1 away win in 5 months.

A run of form in the last 12 months that makes for grim reading.

Millions spent, a lot more than some of the teams above, yet 7th in the Championship.

Easily dispatched by teams in the relegation zone, almost league one standard.

Now, if you spend big money, relative to the Championship, and they''re not performing, then it could be argued the manager isn''t getting the best out of them.

But no, a change is definitely not needed. Dearie me.

Change for change sake! You are a complete idiot to think it would be for change sake! But then you won''t hear bad words said against our failing club will you, unless they are said about Lafferty, hey Morty?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Change for change sake! You are a complete idiot to think it would be for change sake! But then you won''t hear bad words said against our failing club will you, unless they are said about Lafferty, hey Morty?[/quote]How did Lafferty play today Baldy?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]1 away win in 5 months.

A run of form in the last 12 months that makes for grim reading.

Millions spent, a lot more than some of the teams above, yet 7th in the Championship.

Easily dispatched by teams in the relegation zone, almost league one standard.

Now, if you spend big money, relative to the Championship, and they''re not performing, then it could be argued the manager isn''t getting the best out of them.

But no, a change is definitely not needed. Dearie me.[/quote]Am not arguing with any of that.But they ain''t gonna sack him, and he isn''t going to resign.

I know they''re not gonna sack him, Morty. However, if we are serious about promotion next season we need a change in the summer, a new man to reassess the squad and rebuild it into a competitive Championship squad. Since the good run in 14/15 and the play-offs, Alex Neil had been on a downward spiral, with a few better runs of form being the exception rather than the rule.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I know they''re not gonna sack him, Morty. However, if we are serious about promotion next season we need a change in the summer, a new man to reassess the squad and rebuild it into a competitive Championship squad. Since the good run in 14/15 and the play-offs, Alex Neil had been on a downward spiral, with a few better runs of form being the exception rather than the rule.[/quote]Completely agree, if we don''t at least reach the play offs then questions have to be asked.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]im sure you will tell us! Did he play as badly as Klose who was on for 86 minutes longer I believe, wasn''t he?[/quote]I''m sure Lafferty was fantastic mate[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]I would ask the question of those who think that AN is still the man to take us forward.

It isn''t disloyal or anti Norwich to think that AN isn''t up to it.[/quote]Change shouldn''t be made just for change sake.Managerial changes go wrong just as often as they go right.I would see Warburton as a sideways move, to be honest.[/quote]

Fair comment.

I did use Warburton because I assume he is available and would jump at the chance.

AN is here until it is mathematically impossible for us to be promoted is pretty certain.

I''m not sure sacking AN would be for the sake of it. Results are everything it seems and last year wasn''t good and to be honest judging by many posts, many accepted last season but seem angrier this.

Allowing Leeds, Huddersfield and Wednesday (Yorkshire on the up for a change) to finish above us would appear to be unacceptable.

keelansgrandad wrote:-

Fair comment.

I did use Warburton because I assume he is available and would jump at the chance.

AN is here until it is mathematically impossible for us to be promoted is pretty certain.

I''m not sure sacking AN would be for the sake of it. Results are everything it seems and last year wasn''t good and to be honest judging by many posts, many accepted last season but seem angrier this.

Allowing Leeds, Huddersfield and Wednesday (Yorkshire on the up for a change) to finish above us would appear to be unacceptable.

Oops hit post by mistake

Was gonna say that the many posts on here I think have proven to be not a fair reflection of the majority of fans that attend the games regularly.

[quote user="The gut"]Oops hit post by mistake

Was gonna say that the many posts on here I think have proven to be not a fair reflection of the majority of fans that attend the games regularly.[/quote]

Funny you should say that. My son and I were discussing the very same thing. He reads but doesn''t post. We both think that posters are probably in the minority and that the majority of supporters go to matches and are happy just to be there. Win lose or draw are not as important. Even performance is is not the highest priority. Attending is.

That is why the board are so lucky.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="The gut"]Oops hit post by mistake

Was gonna say that the many posts on here I think have proven to be not a fair reflection of the majority of fans that attend the games regularly.[/quote]

Funny you should say that. My son and I were discussing the very same thing. He reads but doesn''t post. We both think that posters are probably in the minority and that the majority of supporters go to matches and are happy just to be there. Win lose or draw are not as important. Even performance is is not the highest priority. Attending is.

That is why the board are so lucky.[/quote]I agree that this forum doesn''t really reflect overall opinion particularly accurately.And supporters who go, through thick and thin, are the cornerstone of any club, not just ours.