Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Burton Match Thread

Morty wrote:-

"I agree that this forum doesn''t really reflect overall opinion particularly accurately."

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 18/02/2017 7:56 PM:

Get turned over by Ipswich and the decision might be made for them!

It''s been an uneasy peace.

[quote user="The gut"]Morty wrote:-

"I agree that this forum doesn''t really reflect overall opinion particularly accurately."

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum[/quote]Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]Morty wrote:-

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum[/quote]Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.[/quote]Crack open a bottle of red Morty and just admit that we are underachieving and aren''t going to progress under Neil and that he should go [Y]

Nothing to put on hold morty.

You''ve played a blinder. Take a break.

I''m just gutted I''m not gonna be around to enjoy you not being around.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]Morty wrote:-

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum[/quote]Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.[/quote]Crack open a bottle of red Morty and just admit that we are underachieving and aren''t going to progress under Neil and that he should go [Y][/quote]Have I ever said, this season, that we are achieving what we should be?

[quote user="The gut"]Nothing to put on hold morty.

You''ve played a blinder. Take a break.

I''m just gutted I''m not gonna be around to enjoy you not being around.[/quote]Great stuff gutty[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]Morty wrote:-

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum[/quote]Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.[/quote]Crack open a bottle of red Morty and just admit that we are underachieving and aren''t going to progress under Neil and that he should go [Y][/quote]Have I ever said, this season, that we are achieving what we should be? [/quote]I''m drinking a Chilean Merlot it''s not a bad tipple [Y]Come on Morty, Neil out!A new manager in before the end of the season [Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]Morty wrote:-

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum[/quote]Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.[/quote]Crack open a bottle of red Morty and just admit that we are underachieving and aren''t going to progress under Neil and that he should go [Y][/quote]Have I ever said, this season, that we are achieving what we should be? [/quote]I''m drinking a Chilean Merlot it''s not a bad tipple [Y]Come on Morty, Neil out!A new manager in before the end of the season [Y][/quote]Chilean?No thanks.

''''Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.''''.... Mort

lets hope you dont have another self soiling incident and have to come home early again.

PS beating the scum will be nice, but it won''t make it all right.

PS Chilean Merlot, unless a really good one is heavily reliant on Oak chips and introduced tannins. Those ITK generally avoid.

Matured in imported French oak casks is the one you want.

AmerIcan oak is not a bad substitute though.

What soiling incident 😂

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The gut"]Morty wrote:-

Spot on morty especially as you are the dominant cornerstone of this forum[/quote]Can I put you on argument hold for a while Gutty, I have to go out soon, for a bit.[/quote]Crack open a bottle of red Morty and just admit that we are underachieving and aren''t going to progress under Neil and that he should go [Y][/quote]Have I ever said, this season, that we are achieving what we should be? [/quote]I''m drinking a Chilean Merlot it''s not a bad tipple [Y]Come on Morty, Neil out!A new manager in before the end of the season [Y][/quote]Chilean?No thanks.[/quote]Ooh pretentious too.  I didn''t purchase this one myself, it was a gift.  I''ve had far worse, from other countries.

[quote user="morty"]We''ll go on to win this.[/quote]Found it, the funniest post of the day posted at half timeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dear Agony Aunt

Just got home from Burton, that was shocking, only Pritchard and Jerome (Plus Wes when he came on ) can hold their heads up today, Don''t know if those listening on the radio heard the away fans at the end, but summed it up perfectly with "What the feck was that" chant.

Just can''t fathom how after Forest, and then a battling performance against Newcastle, we could suddenly appear so clueless, Bemused, Lessngham

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]We''ll go on to win this.[/quote]Found it, the funniest post of the day posted at half timeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/quote]I know isn''t it hilarious?A supporter trying to be optimistic and positive about his team.Whatever next?[:D]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Dear Agony Aunt

Just got home from Burton, that was shocking, only Pritchard and Jerome (Plus Wes when he came on ) can hold their heads up today, Don''t know if those listening on the radio heard the away fans at the end, but summed it up perfectly with "What the feck was that" chant.

Just can''t fathom how after Forest, and then a battling performance against Newcastle, we could suddenly appear so clueless, Bemused, Lessngham[/quote]Just picked my lad up from Carrow road and he said there wasn''t even anyone who specifically had a stinker, it was just generally lacklustre all over the park, and despite all the huffing and puffing after going behind, we never really created anything of note. He likened it to the Barnsley game.

Just back too, turned on TV to see dad''s army,. Most apt as they don''t like it up um applies to our squad.

Awful long ball game first half bypassing pritchard, better use of ball on ground start of second but we were second to the ball, weak and uncommitted in the tackle and lacked leadership. The midfield was stunningly poor.

All a bit awkward after the norwich360 video release.

Given our record away and against the good teams while its mathematically possible to make the playoffs it seems the mental battle is already lost.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Dear Agony Aunt

Just can''t fathom how after Forest, and then a battling performance against Newcastle, we could suddenly appear so clueless, Bemused, Lessngham[/quote]Just picked my lad up from Carrow road and he said there wasn''t even anyone who specifically had a stinker, it was just generally lacklustre all over the park, and despite all the huffing and puffing after going behind, we never really created anything of note. He likened it to the Barnsley game.[/quote]Well that''s a lovely story, but Neil''s still a terrible manager and our away performances are unacceptable.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Dear Agony Aunt

Just can''t fathom how after Forest, and then a battling performance against Newcastle, we could suddenly appear so clueless, Bemused, Lessngham[/quote]Just picked my lad up from Carrow road and he said there wasn''t even anyone who specifically had a stinker, it was just generally lacklustre all over the park, and despite all the huffing and puffing after going behind, we never really created anything of note. He likened it to the Barnsley game.[/quote]Well that''s a lovely story, but Neil''s still a terrible manager and our away performances are unacceptable.[/quote]Yeah, you said.

Morty wrote

Just picked my lad up from Carrow road and he said there wasn''t even anyone who specifically had a stinker, it was just generally lacklustre all over the park, and despite all the huffing and puffing after going behind, we never really created anything of note. He likened it to the Barnsley game.

Klose and Murphy were poor, maybe not stinkers, other than arrogance from Klose in not clearing the ball for the 1st Goal, Martin was best of back 4 and not great, Whittaker gave ball away too much, but did try hard to support the attack, Howson was quite, Tettey tried but made no inroads, IMO we were poor, and no reason for it, Burton worked twice as hard for everything and closed us down and broke in numbers, strangely we looked like we would step up and win the game until they scored, Surreal might be a good word for today.

Thought Jerome should get some plaudits just from the pain for the goal. Defence dire. Midfield invisible. Jerome outnumbered. Wes an almost bright spark after the break.

our service was incredibly poor from wide all game.....with the possible exception of Dijks on the overlap on occasion.

awful final ball, particularly from Murphy.....as for Wildschut, sorry, not for me, doesnt have the physique to be a winger , let alone any pace or even any apparant "trick" to beat a man.

We may not have apparantly blown the £7m upfront that was initially reported, but the signs are that whatever the price we paid, we''ve lumbered ourselves with a dud.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]We''ll go on to win this.[/quote]Found it, the funniest post of the day posted at half timeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/quote]Classic!Remember when Morty said we''d go on to beat Wigan in the last match thread?Morty certainly knows his stuff. Doesn''t have his head firmly in the sand at all. Well worth listening to...............

[quote user="Keith Scott"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]We''ll go on to win this.[/quote]Found it, the funniest post of the day posted at half timeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/quote]Classic!Remember when Morty said we''d go on to beat Wigan in the last match thread?Morty certainly knows his stuff. Doesn''t have his head firmly in the sand at all. Well worth listening to...............[/quote]Good draw for your lot today[Y]