Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Burton Match Thread

Hey Morty remember in the last couple of relegation seasons when you accused anyone suggesting we''d go down as ''pant wetters?''You certainly know your stuff.............

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Hey Morty remember in the last couple of relegation seasons when you accused anyone suggesting we''d go down as ''pant wetters?''You certainly know your stuff.............

[/quote]I bet yours are wringing[:)]

Are we going to start saying the same things about Klose that we do about Bassong?

Silly mistakes, lack of concentration, costly errors etc etc

Seb was first there with klose at half time to help gee him up, great support and leadership. It was a huge cock up, but his overall performance was ok.

Klose has been awful this season. Seems to have a very blasé attitude to everything and gets done as often as or more than Martin. The fact we have reverted to that partnership to try and solve our defensive problems just shows how clueless Neil is .

I''ve said it before, but we''ve ended up with a set of players who are not quite good enough for the Prem. but completely wrong for the Champs.

What''s so depressing about yesterday is that, no matter how comprehensively we demolish the next team, it''s all to no purpose because we''ll be useless the game after.

I can see the point you make Ron but I''m a bit disturbed by this latest rhetoric starting to emerge (including from the manager) that we don''t have the players for the championship or for games against the likes of Burton. We have better players than Burton, they should be able to beat them. Mentally he just never seems to have them right away from home.

Whether we do or don''t have the players for the championship it still falls on ANs head regardless.

For what it''s worth i think we certainly do have the players. We''ve just significantly underperformed for the majority of the season.

The way we have been setting up for away games for most of this season shows a team and management totally without confidence in their ability to control a game. I can understand this against the bigger, more able sides; however, against the likes of Burton and Rotherham, it is just unacceptable.

If you don''t start those types of game with the thought in your head that you are going to play your football, your way, then you''ve lost before you have set a foot on the pitch.

I am totally convinced that we have the ability in this team to dominate games, but we don''t even try away from home. We invite pressure, which leads to mistakes which, in turn, leads to soft goals against.

I don''t have any inside knowledge (nor do I claim to have any), so I don''t know whether this is a management issue, or a player issue, or a mixture of both. What I do know is that with this approach to away games (and having been ''sussed out'' by weaker opposition), away days are not going to improve soon.

Depressing!

The main problem I see is that we constantly change the team to suit the opposition instead of settling on our best 11 and playing our own game, that''s what worked so well when Lambert was here but our manager, I use that term manager loosely, is too worried about the opposition and stopping them playing all the time!

I haven''t read this thread so don''t know if this has already been mentioned. Rumours are flying that all was not well in the Belfry Hotel on Friday evening. A number of our players were seen "knocking them back". As a result, the tip came on Saturday morning - Burton to turn over Norwich - especially when a large part of the squad failed to make it down for breakfast. This report certainly struck a nerve with Lafferty!

[quote user="Webbo118"]I haven''t read this thread so don''t know if this has already been mentioned. Rumours are flying that all was not well in the Belfry Hotel on Friday evening. A number of our players were seen "knocking them back". As a result, the tip came on Saturday morning - Burton to turn over Norwich - especially when a large part of the squad failed to make it down for breakfast. This report certainly struck a nerve with Lafferty![/quote]So you believe some random guy making up nonsense on twitter then?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]The main problem I see is that we constantly change the team to suit the opposition instead of settling on our best 11 and playing our own game, that''s what worked so well when Lambert was here but our manager, I use that term manager loosely, is too worried about the opposition and stopping them playing all the time![/quote]

Exactly. It isn''t the supporters with the lil ole Norwich syndrome, it appears to be the management and coaching team.

I have no idea what is said in the dressing room but I do wonder if some of the players aren''t wondering they are playing one game and missing the next.

I do get a wee bit tired of hearing about number of games etc as it is virtually the same for all teams in this division. So why can''t we name a successful winning team each game. Pritchard and Murphy score three between them and are "rested" for example.

I don''t think AN is clever or good enough to keep coming up with these changes and it is about time, if he thinks he is good enough to manage a top team, to show it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Webbo118"]I haven''t read this thread so don''t know if this has already been mentioned. Rumours are flying that all was not well in the Belfry Hotel on Friday evening. A number of our players were seen "knocking them back". As a result, the tip came on Saturday morning - Burton to turn over Norwich - especially when a large part of the squad failed to make it down for breakfast. This report certainly struck a nerve with Lafferty![/quote]So you believe some random guy making up nonsense on twitter then?[/quote]

Where have I said that I believe it? I was just reporting something that had been posted in much the same way as Grabban''s disappearance from a hotel before he was due to be part of the squad at Rotherham was posted! But that was all fiction as well, wasn''t it? It certainly resulted in a bite from Lafferty who said it was rubbish (he actually used a word beginning with "s") as, according to him, breakfast is optional on match day. Everyone says it''s the most important meal of the day. Maybe that''s where we''re going wrong!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="Baldyboy"]The main problem I see is that we constantly change the team to suit the opposition instead of settling on our best 11 and playing our own game, that''s what worked so well when Lambert was here but our manager, I use that term manager loosely, is too worried about the opposition and stopping them playing all the time![/quote]

Exactly. It isn''t the supporters with the lil ole Norwich syndrome, it appears to be the management and coaching team.

I have no idea what is said in the dressing room but I do wonder if some of the players aren''t wondering they are playing one game and missing the next.

I do get a wee bit tired of hearing about number of games etc as it is virtually the same for all teams in this division. So why can''t we name a successful winning team each game. Pritchard and Murphy score three between them and are "rested" for example.

I don''t think AN is clever or good enough to keep coming up with these changes and it is about time, if he thinks he is good enough to manage a top team, to show it.[/quote]

I think we all know the answer to that. He is a one trick pony. There is no Plan B. He is incapable of motivating the players and, as a result, when other teams get in their faces they roll over and give up. Apart from the freak goal on Saturday, WE HAD JUST ONE SHOT ON TARGET. Four wins in 17 away games. How much worse does it need to get before Mrs. and Mr. Delia and the Dancing Queen take some action?