Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

brady / palace bid

I doubt McCormack himself would even consider coming here , even if both clubs agreed a swap, as he would definitely be facing a big wage cut, and also he made much about how Villa were the club he wanted to be at when he signed for them. He will likely dig his heels in and refuse to move.Last summer seems a long time ago, and Alex''s need for RM is likely much lower now than it was then.

Nelson Oliveira is 10 times the player McCormack is anyway, can''t believe Nelson was (I think) second choice to McCormack?! Just goes to show that sometimes missing out on your main target and getting the ''cheaper option'' is not always a bad thing.

Let''s follow city 1st rules and not discuss transfer speculation on a football message board! Unless you have a sworn statement from both clubs the player and the agent all witnessed and countersigned by the pope 😅

[quote user="im spartacus"]Let''s follow city 1st rules and not discuss transfer speculation on a football message board! Unless you have a sworn statement from both clubs the player and the agent all witnessed and countersigned by the pope 😅[/quote]

Is ''Dan Dare'' City 1st then? Absolutely no idea why he''s suddenly decided that talking about speculation is ''stupid'' or whatever, infact it''s a bit baffling even?

You should get a job at sky given your ability to make up stuffAt NO point have I suggested rumours should not be discussed, nor proposed any rulesMerely that folk should not claim they are accurate because they have read them somewhereWhich on that basis would make Jack and the Beanstalk trueso stop lying

I think £15m was achievable post Euros. Around the £10-12m mark is more realistic now.

Just reading that apparently Burnley have entered the fray, with a bid worth up to 13 million.

In Dec I would have taken anything over £11m; but its clear we are in a bidding war now and we should hold to see if any more arrive.

I would take it.

Yes we could Hold out and get another 2million or so, but that might not be until deadline day, leaving us no time to get the players we need in

Sell now and we have the best part of 3 weeks to get the players we need

If the rumours about Olsson are true, then we mustn''t accept any offer for Brady until we have signed a replacement left back (unless they offer us something ridiculous like £30 million +). Why do Villa want to give us McCormack in return for Brady? - They only signed him last summer and they signed him because they wanted him. Yes we did want him then but we don''t want him now thank you very much. Why not ask them for their first choice left-back instead?

More interest is good for us problem is everyone will think we have 20 mil (15 RB + 5 MIL MO ) to spend when really will with have about 5 mil of that

As soon as that money hits the bank i would spend 2 mil on getting rid of AN

[quote user="morty"]Sunderland have reportedly made a bid now.[/quote]They were reported in October to be planning a January bid; no surprise there, just spice to the auction.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]More interest is good for us problem is everyone will think we have 20 mil (15 RB + 5 MIL MO ) to spend when really will with have about 5 mil of that

As soon as that money hits the bank i would spend 2 mil on getting rid of AN[/quote]Do we have to turn every single thing said on this forum, into a whinge?Really?

"As soon as that money hits the bank i would spend 2 mil on getting rid of AN."

Hear hear.

I wouldn''t trust him to spend the money wisely in any case.

[quote user="morty"]Sunderland have reportedly made a bid now.[/quote]

aNd where is your EVIDENCE moRty ? Do you knoW bradys agent personally? Perhaps Liam himself tolD you of his intentions? leT ME guess ? SKY SPORTS NEWS ? !!!!

Just sTop this Endless bilge that you type . evErY one hates you and I''M the only POster who knows WHAT he''s talking about !!!!

[quote user="im spartacus canary "][quote user="morty"]Sunderland have reportedly made a bid now.[/quote]

aNd where is your EVIDENCE moRty ? Do you knoW bradys agent personally? Perhaps Liam himself tolD you of his intentions? leT ME guess ? SKY SPORTS NEWS ? !!!!

Just sTop this Endless bilge that you type . evErY one hates you and I''M the only POster who knows WHAT he''s talking about !!!![/quote][:D]

Do we have to turn every single thing said on this forum, into a whinge?

Really?

Not a whinge Morty just saying as i feel a lot of people will honestly think we will have all the money to spend on new players and we will not

I Come across negative because i do know a little about what is going on at the club behind the scenes

( as proved before )and its not good and nothing to be happy about

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"As soon as that money hits the bank i would spend 2 mil on getting rid of AN."

Hear hear.

I wouldn''t trust him to spend the money wisely in any case.[/quote]Question for you Broadstairs: just which of Brady, Klose, Oliveira, Pinto, Pritchard, Godfrey, Maddison and Canos do you think were "unwise" buys?

"Would prefer the Leicester bid with Lawrence coming here as part of the deal - 2 good goals for Ipswich at the weekend."

Me too. He''s setting the woods on fire there with his direct play and goals.

The problem is I believe that he is tied to Portman Road for now as it is a season long loan agreement.

"Question for you Broadstairs: just which of Brady, Klose, Oliveira, Pinto, Pritchard, Godfrey, Maddison and Canos do you think were "unwise" buys?"

Very fair do''s.

The thing is that they have made little difference to our performance or results.

Perhaps I should have said that I wouldn''t trust him to get the best out of any expensive signings.

I notice you leave Naismith out (@ £8m,) Andreu @ £1m+ and the Canos situation puzzles @ £2m+ or more.

Not trying to make a point. You are correct. Overall he has signed decent enough players, but to little effect.

Brady, Klose, Oliveira, Pinto, Pritchard, Godfrey, Maddison and Canos do you think were "unwise" buys?"

No i think good buys you have there and like Broadstairs not worried about Naismith and others etc as all a gamble when signing

but i would ask you has AN got the best out of Brady, Klose, Oliveira, Pinto, Pritchard, Godfrey, Maddison and Canos

and i would say No by a long way

[Y] Broadstairs. I actually think Naismith is a good signing and will prove his worth as our squad restructuring proceeds. You must have some experienced players if you are introducing youngsters; Naismith is a not just very experienced, but also a clever player with the combative attitude we so often seem to lack. Andreu I agree about; he''s a better player than people give him credit for but too lightweight and not quite pacy enough for this level. To me Canos bears the hallmarks of a player who thinks he should be first on anyone''s team sheet and doesn''t like it when he finds there''s someone ahead of him. After Brentford (A) he posted a video of what he regards as his best ever goal, scored for Brentford exactly a year previously. Both Jacob and Josh M have scored similar goals, and more than once. The problem since AN arrived is not so much with who we have signed but who we haven''t signed; my impression even then is that it''s not for want of trying, especially two summers ago when we were chasing good quality central defenders but couldn''t get them to sign.

@norfolkngoodI agree that AN has not got the best out of the squad, but there are many different possible reasons why that may be. My own feeling is that it is almost certainly a combination of several reasons and sheer managerial ineptitude is unlikely to be the whole answer. It is simplistic to think that another manager could just come in and sort it out. Villa thought Lambert would go in and sort them out; he didn''t. Sunderland have proved beyond the capacity of several decent managers to sort out. Squads become dysfunctional and need a comprehensive rebuild; that''s where I think we are. If you have followed my posts over time you will know that IMO the seeds of our problems were sown long ago, paradoxically under Lambert, and compounded by our insistence on returning immediately to the EPL when relegated. We were ill-prepared when we first went up, and short-term thinking has meant we are still no better prepared now. I have seen evidence over the last couple of years (e.g. with the policy of signing promising youngsters like Thompson, Maddison et.al.) that the board has seen the light in this respect, and what we are experiencing now is a longer-term strategy being pursued.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]@norfolkngoodI agree that AN has not got the best out of the squad, but there are many different possible reasons why that may be. My own feeling is that it is almost certainly a combination of several reasons and sheer managerial ineptitude is unlikely to be the whole answer. It is simplistic to think that another manager could just come in and sort it out. Villa thought Lambert would go in and sort them out; he didn''t. Sunderland have proved beyond the capacity of several decent managers to sort out. Squads become dysfunctional and need a comprehensive rebuild; that''s where I think we are. If you have followed my posts over time you will know that IMO the seeds of our problems were sown long ago, paradoxically under Lambert, and compounded by our insistence on returning immediately to the EPL when relegated. We were ill-prepared when we first went up, and short-term thinking has meant we are still no better prepared now. I have seen evidence over the last couple of years (e.g. with the policy of signing promising youngsters like Thompson, Maddison et.al.) that the board has seen the light in this respect, and what we are experiencing now is a longer-term strategy being pursued. [/quote]Couldn''t agree with this more.

Yes i agree West coast with your post and good discussion

i am not saying i know it all or i am right

i personal do not think AN is the man to do that rebuild

when i look at his signings you pointed out they are good players

but as we are seeing at moment not a team

i think a lot has a lot to do with coaching

i know someone high up at the club and i hear bits and pieces off him and something is wrong in the club which i will not post on a open forum

Now i have not been told who''s fault it is directly and would not post it if i did but it is the managers job to get the most out of the team and with my eyes and my opinion he fails in that part