Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

brady / palace bid

@ Norfolkngood.

It''s all creditable, planning for the future in a structured way but who is going to finance the seasons spent rebuilding whilst we are losing money in the Championship? The Board take pride in our lack of debt.

The strategy you propose will mean the Club once again being debt-ridden.

I see it quite differently. Whilst we have the majority of the PL squad (and they were not a complete disaster at that level, Neil was more so IMO) and whilst we have the advantage of the parachutes (considerable,) and whilst we still enjoy very healthy gates we should go all out towards aiming for promotion. It''s hit or bust for me. Re-building is precarious when money is being lost. The Club would need to sell it''s best to balance the books.

Let the future then take care of it''s self. Even a couple of seasons in the top league will improve both club finances and the squad even more so.

The idea of being a yo-yo club, if you like, is far more appealing to me than years of Championship mediocrity, whether re-building or not.

Then we have to ask whether Alex Neil is the right person to effect this rebuild.

The first step for me would be to rid ourselves of our current manager on the basis that few could hardly have done a worse job.

Amazingly, the Board seem to rate him.