Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Golden Coppel"][quote user="The gut"]Fair play to Lincoln.

In the words of the great Luke Kelly, "everybody has the right to go wrong"

Handled it well. Just like a player admitting he dived. What can you say after? You might not like it but what can you say?[/quote]

I considered Oprah Winfrey for my confession, but wasn''t sure if the drama of pink un fake account would attract the same attention as a 7 time Tour de France champion.

Although, you never know.[/quote]I particularly like the bit where, for years, you have ridiculed us posters that were basically right all along.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I considered Oprah Winfrey for my confession.....[/quote]It''s much too serious for that Lincoln, you need to seek an audience with the pope. [:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Camulodunum was a sports journalist who was a Colchester supporter, but whose daughter supported us. IMHO he was a genuinely interesting poster with a friendly but ultimately neutral viewpoint and a more ITK position than most on here, despite what they might like to think. I can''t remember why he got banned but think people didn''t like the fact he told them he knew more than they did and his status as a non-NCFC supporter ultimately sunk him.

We8wba was an idiot, but a entertaining idiot. A bit like Waveney ;-)[/quote]I think he ran or runs a general news agency rather than purely being a sports journalist. I may be wrong, but I never doubted that he knew what he said he knew. Not least because sometimes it chimed with what I knew or thought to be the case. And much of it was interesting. If he was banned I suspect it was because he attacked in trenchant terms what he regarded as the poor standards and supine approach of Archant''s journalism (particularly over Cullumgate) once too often.[/quote]I hardly think the running of a poxy paper shop qualifies much.[/quote]I get confused nowadays between what is meant to be funny here and what is meant to be serious. Assuming the latter, given the lack of smileys etc, a news agency is a journalistic outfit (the Press Association and Reuters are news agencies, for example) and very different to a newagents''s.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Camulodunum was a sports journalist who was a Colchester supporter, but whose daughter supported us. IMHO he was a genuinely interesting poster with a friendly but ultimately neutral viewpoint and a more ITK position than most on here, despite what they might like to think. I can''t remember why he got banned but think people didn''t like the fact he told them he knew more than they did and his status as a non-NCFC supporter ultimately sunk him.

We8wba was an idiot, but a entertaining idiot. A bit like Waveney ;-)[/quote]I think he ran or runs a general news agency rather than purely being a sports journalist. I may be wrong, but I never doubted that he knew what he said he knew. Not least because sometimes it chimed with what I knew or thought to be the case. And much of it was interesting. If he was banned I suspect it was because he attacked in trenchant terms what he regarded as the poor standards and supine approach of Archant''s journalism (particularly over Cullumgate) once too often.[/quote]I hardly think the running of a poxy paper shop qualifies much.[/quote]I get confused nowadays between what is meant to be funny here and what is meant to be serious. Assuming the latter, given the lack of smileys etc, a news agency is a journalistic outfit (the Press Association and Reuters are news agencies, for example) and very different to a newagents''s.[/quote]
You''re memory of Cam is the same as mine Purple. He was genuine I''m sure. And his ban wouldn''t have been for trolling but he didn''t half like winding Archant up. But what tipped it was when he talked (maybe joked) about writing an article for a Sunday rag about some of the posters on here. His name is Alan. I won''t divulge his surname but to coin a phrase "he checks out". I emailed him last night but not heard anything. Hope the old boy''s ok.

Funny how some get lambasted for having the temerity to try different accounts - some for quite legitimate reasons - and others who do it are lauded such as poor old bor (whatever happened to them [;)] ) as great posters.  As always if people would just play the post and not the poster we would all get on much better. I''ll set the ball rolling.  I''ll never reply to a morty post ever again, even if he continues to harrass and attempt to twist what I say, even if he carries on being the most crass, cynical, controlling and abusive poster on the board, even if he carries on going around goading people who don''t fit into his world view of things, even if he carries on trolling around the forum sometimes with no restraint, even if he continues acting as if he is the self-appointed soothsayer of everything to do with NCFC, even if he carries on being a totally addicted internet bully, even if he doesn''t  buy me a pint next time I visit the Nelson. There, I''ve said it. You can all hold me to it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Well, this is a momentous day. Let''s hope tomorrow is too.[/quote]I wouldn''t put any money on it....

Another who disappeared was the noted ''Pitchforks and Torches'' who if I remember correctly, spent most of his time posting extreme venom mainly against the late Wiz.  I assume he ended up banned?

"Poor old Bor" got banned.

He was popular because he was

1) a Norwich fan

2) a Norwich fan who didn''t tell other people how they should behave at football matches

You could learn something from that, I wager.

Hahahaha!

Does anyone remember Grefstad? I enjoyed getting him banned. I might have mentioned it before actually. I certainly will mention it again, thats for sure.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Camulodunum was a sports journalist who was a Colchester supporter, but whose daughter supported us. IMHO he was a genuinely interesting poster with a friendly but ultimately neutral viewpoint and a more ITK position than most on here, despite what they might like to think. I can''t remember why he got banned but think people didn''t like the fact he told them he knew more than they did and his status as a non-NCFC supporter ultimately sunk him.

We8wba was an idiot, but a entertaining idiot. A bit like Waveney ;-)[/quote]I think he ran or runs a general news agency rather than purely being a sports journalist. I may be wrong, but I never doubted that he knew what he said he knew. Not least because sometimes it chimed with what I knew or thought to be the case. And much of it was interesting. If he was banned I suspect it was because he attacked in trenchant terms what he regarded as the poor standards and supine approach of Archant''s journalism (particularly over Cullumgate) once too often.[/quote]I hardly think the running of a poxy paper shop qualifies much.[/quote]I get confused nowadays between what is meant to be funny here and what is meant to be serious. Assuming the latter, given the lack of smileys etc, a news agency is a journalistic outfit (the Press Association and Reuters are news agencies, for example) and very different to a newagents''s.[/quote]Fairly obvious even without the smileys I thought!  [:|]