Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Delia interview

Exactly Lappin, as normal take part of the post to suite a dig, it was a 4 year loan with full repayment, the 20% was a reported clause as failure to repay, still never mind old news and arguing with the normal suspects I''m just not doing tonight, top guy Lapps, love you as much as young Nutty.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]...it was for a reported 20 % of their share holding or to be paid back in full if promotion was achieved.[/quote]Peter Cullum''s actual words......."As I''ve always said it''s not my intention to buy Delia''s shares." (EDP interview July 3rd, 2008).[/quote]Oh, and as for "all I''ve ever seen was 700,000 for the initial shares", the only time I''ve ever seen this figure was Tangy''s original guesstimate (which he later updated to £1m). This is of course the legendary question of "How much did Watling wallet?"

I''ve said reported! Not fact! I''ve asked for the true sum invested as its all assumption from the start.

But keep those throws coming Lapps, I''ll bat them back.

There is no doubt that delia et al did fantastic things for our club but there are also people on this board for whom she can do mo wrong.I personally do not think it''s good for our, sorry her club to bat back all enquiries regardless where or from whom they come. If she said ''due diligence'' was to be carried out before any enquiries were taken seriously I would have no problem with that but to now come out with ''No enquiries'' I find that a bit hard to take.We shall see I guess.Definately gone down a bit in my estimation not that it matters much.

[quote user="Indy"]Exactly Lappin, as normal take part of the post to suite a dig, it was a 4 year loan with full repayment, the 20% was a reported clause as failure to repay, still never mind old news and arguing with the normal suspects I''m just not doing tonight, top guy Lapps, love you as much as young Nutty.[/quote]I can feel the love Indy but I''m worried about these reports you keep reading."Mr Cullum says he offered the club an initial £5m last October on the

basis that an extra £15m would be provided if the Canaries avoided

relegation.""Mr Cullum added: “I admire what Delia and Michael have done and want to

work with them. I would want two-thirds of the share-holding for the

£20m investment. With that level of share-holding (a majority); it would

mean the club is in my control - and I was informed that was a complete

no-no for Michael and Delia"Nothing there about loans, clauses or repayments.

Lapps, I was privy to a certain info at the time, yep that''s about the sum of the overall investment, but the shareholding wasn''t all the offer was about it was part of the clauses, I thought it was 20% but two thirds might be right.

It''s old news the party who sent me the info was in association with the club and I''d never disclose anything more.

Night Lapps, again we only ever see what each party wants us to see and how it''s reported.

Oh and it was a further 15 million in three further installments, with a full repayment option.

Let''s make sure I''ve got this right Indy. You''re saying he was loaning NCFC £20m in four installments and in return, he wanted control, but, if HE failed, he wanted his money back. I can''t see why they turned him down. [:S]

I''m feeling a lot of love on here tonight. A bromance between Indy, Nutty and Lapps whoever would have thunk it ? [{]

It''ll be interesting to see what Tom does when he eventually takes over the reins - it seems the general consensus is that he''ll keep NCFC ticking along in the same vein as Delia and Michael. But we shouldn''t assume that''s the case (apologies if he''s stated otherwise, I''ve not seen it) - he''s been a fan since he was 8 years old, and it''s quite possible he shares the view of a percentage of posters on here - if the ''right'' investor came in (whatever that is) then he may actually be more than happy to sell up (should the other trustees be in agreement). My ideal would be for NCFC to keep its strong community values but have the finances to compete in the long run - a pipe dream perhaps.

Nope he wanted his money back or control, pretty much, but let''s not forget, he never wanted to be directly involved either, it was a shite deal from what little I do know.

Night Lapps I''m off to bed, work in the morning.

[quote user="Indy"]Nope he wanted his money back or control, pretty much, but let''s not forget, he never wanted to be directly involved either, it was a shite deal from what little I do know.

Night Lapps I''m off to bed, work in the morning.[/quote]That''s why we love ya Indy.He wanted control but without being directly involved. [:D]Night. [:)]

[quote user="King Crimson"]Don''t forget Tilly that he who stirs the sh*t gets to lick the spoon...[/quote]Is Winky around then KC ? [:P]

Having read the Delia interview my opinion of her has taken a real dive.

It appears that the we are ready to listen to offers was just a load of bull.

10 years under Alex Neil and we will be lucky to still be in the Football League! The man is clueless!!

Some very interesting points here from a variety of posters.

I''ve always through highly of Delia but that interview has really shown her and MWJ in a really out-of-touch light.

She says she has no interest in the money side of things, which for me is completely unacceptable for the majority shareholder of a club like ours.

MWJ paints foreign investors as some sort of evil, ignoring the many success stories of for example, Southampton, Leicester (!), Bournemouth, Watford, Manchester City and countless more. Yes, there have been some poor overseas investors, but you could find just as many U.K. based ones (Leeds, Bolton, etc). I found his comments really outdated, borderline xenophobic and out of touch.

The line that the club would never be on the lookout for new investment is worrying, because unless Delia finds a few million down the back of the sofa we''ll struggle to compete.

Maybe when Tom takes over he''ll have good ideas to improve us, and may consider letting others in, who knows.

Delia and MWJ should be thanked for their past contribution but the interview smacks of the pair being out of touch with modern football.

Realistically, the only way to get new investment would be some sort of fan protest, which would be the most extreme way of course.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Realistically, the only way to get new investment would be some sort of fan protest, which would be the most extreme way of course.[/quote]Remind us how the long standing fan protests are doing at Leeds, Blackpool and Coventry....

Thing is Delia has been a great owner for our club but I''d hate for it to be soured because of this nonsensical viewpoint which fans would never be happy with. Succession plan is good.

She doesn''t give a toss what the fans think, she said as much in that interview.

Strictly come Prancing comes to Carrow Rd

featuring Young Tom and Ed Balls

So we are going to stay a self-sufficient, well run club that lives within it''s means.  A club run by long standing supporters, who are protecting the ethos of that by setting up a trust to look after their shares in the long term.    To me, that is good news.  It''s not old fashioned, it''s not backward, its not detrimental to the club - its forward looking and protecting something that other clubs have lost. - their soul.   You can''t buy that - but you can sell it - and several clubs have done that.   The grass will always be greener elsewhere for some, but sometimes, just sometimes, stability and continuity are what is needed. We have that and imo we should be pleased about it.  Selling the soul of the club to an outside and non-affiliated source is not an option. Thank goodness.

I''m pleased that you''re pleased with that, even if it means that we fall behind more and more clubs in the future, but as long as we live within our means.

Come back in two seasons Lakey if we fail to go up and our parachute payments are done, then comment on our squad and debt.

Ethos will see this club sink down the leagues!

It must now be obvious to all that, like our manager, the Stowmarket Two haven''t a clue!

I''m still not sure of the nitty gritty of how the trust overseeing ownership works. But if it works to the same effect as a fan-owned trust (as I originally suggested) then overall I think that this is the best that fans could have hoped for.I''d hate to see Norwich City be owned by a multi-billionaire or taken over by criminals. Most of the common-or-garden investment isn''t sustained and doesn''t usually amount to a hell of a lot when averaged out over time.Lower to middle rank investment is usually advocated by fans who think that our club has been firing on all cylinders, and that a cash injection is somehow a prerequisite to the club being able to compete. The good news is that this is deluded nonsense, and the risks of handing over the keys to a group of suits would almost certainly outweigh the benefits.Foreigners and other rogues have been given a clear "Hands Off!" message by our Delia. Norwich City will remain a British club and the risk of us falling into the wrong hands is lessened. Delia and Winnie are to be applauded for not surrendering.The challenge now is to start punching above our weight by making more sustainable player purchases and improving on other weak areas related to our club. Contrary to the beliefs of many fans, there is such a lot of room for improvement.Fans should be glad that we''re being kept safe. If you don''t like it then go and support another team.

It would be about the realisation that we have something worth keeping.

Or, if you read the times interview worth selling but only to someone who will make it even more worth keeping.

I know loads of you think we''d be better off with a different model. But the clubs you want to be change more often than the wind.

People need to understand that if the club was sold then it could more easily end up in the wrong hands somewhere down the line. Once that happens it could take generations to return.