Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Delia interview

[quote user="Time to go Delia"][quote user="nutty nigel"]So what would you have had them do? Not set up the plan and carry on as they were in the hopes that the saviour would show up?
This has obviously been well thought out and planned.
[/quote]Well thought ouy and planned , Delia and the thing she calls a husband have never been able to think anything out thats why we ended up in league one and thats why we will end up there again .You really have to question some fans they really would go along with anything because they know nothing better .Sooner she gets run out of this football club the better .[/quote]
Is there a relevant point hidden in there anywhere? Perhaps in secret code...

In whose interests is the succession for, the Smiths or Norwich City FC?, we all know the current owners are just not wealthy enough to make us an established Premier league team (which surely has to be the target?) at best we are going to be a yo yo club at worst a perennial Championship club. The interview highlights a real contradiction in terms of putting the fans at the centre of the club then unilaterally declaring "No Sale". I can understand wanting to vet any suitors, but to declare "no sale", regardless of the approach is blinkered in my opinion......

I think the timing of this interview was very deliberate. When we were relegated to League One and the St Andrews Hall meeting was called she re-appointed ''Smoking'' Gunn as manager as a deliberate snub to the fans. Now with Neil under pressure she has issued another massive snub to the fans. Oh yes she wants fans to be worshipped but won''t stand for any criticism.

She is held up as the saviour of the club. No she wasn''t, that accolade belongs to the late lamented Geoffrey Watling, God bless his soul. Delia strikes me as a woman who doesn''t like being challenged, ready to have a tantrum if necessary, let''s be havin'' you, but is a good enough actress to appear all goody two shoes and career of the community.

I have never liked having majority owners as they can do what they like and sod the rest. Despite the abuse Chase received at least he could be opposed and voted out if the shareholders had wanted him out.

[quote user="JF"]I would have rather they had this plan in place but still be open to the options of moving the club on if interest came along that was genuine and looked good for the club going forwards. To flatly refuse to entertain the possibility that outside ownership may benefit the club is incredibly small minded and arrogant. As I''ve said previously clubs like Leipzig in Germany are thriving on that kind of ownership. It can go both ways[/quote]
So you would rather that they set up the succession with the proviso it might not happen. How would that work?
As for clubs thriving with investment owners that is true. But many many more don''t. The idea that this type of ownership will get us established in the PL is just wishful thinking I''m afraid. To put it into perspective every club in the EPL has this type of ownership except the paupers Boro (Steve Gibson 135m) and Burnley (Mike Garlick 55m) So there''s the first 18 clubs established. Then you''ve got Villa, Blackburn, Bristol City, Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Ipswich, Leeds, Newcastle, Forest, Preston, QPR, Reading Sheff Wed and Wolves in the Championship all obviously waiting to be established in the PL. 
Somehow all this is going to happen whilst the PL remains with only 20 member clubs. The mind boggles...

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I think the timing of this interview was very deliberate. When we were relegated to League One and the St Andrews Hall meeting was called she re-appointed ''Smoking'' Gunn as manager as a deliberate snub to the fans. Now with Neil under pressure she has issued another massive snub to the fans. Oh yes she wants fans to be worshipped but won''t stand for any criticism.

She is held up as the saviour of the club. No she wasn''t, that accolade belongs to the late lamented Geoffrey Watling, God bless his soul. Delia strikes me as a woman who doesn''t like being challenged, ready to have a tantrum if necessary, let''s be havin'' you, but is a good enough actress to appear all goody two shoes and career of the community.

I have never liked having majority owners as they can do what they like and sod the rest. Despite the abuse Chase received at least he could be opposed and voted out if the shareholders had wanted him out.[/quote]
Celebrating 20 years Crafty and yet the only one you ever mention is the one where we were relegtated to league one. That must be the narrowest viewpoint of any poster on this message board. Well done buddy. That must have took some doing...

I am perfectly happy with the idea of a community-minded club which continues to live within its means and will therefore bob around the divisions as a consequence.

I think Nutty, the point is more that all businesses (and football clubs are no exception) have a due diligence to succession plan. The board have done that. No one should really have an issue with it.

What people rightly find unacceptable is the admission that as a club we wouldn''t even listen to enquiries about the club. That is irresponsible ownership. Again there will be plenty of bad enquiries to reject but you listen to them all the same if you have the clubs best interest at heart.

I know if I was the majority shareholder of NCFC I would feel it was part of my remit to assess offers and enquiries in the best interest of the club and over 30,000 fans.

So you would rather that they set up the succession with the proviso it might not happen. How would that work?

In the same way that I plan to leave my current house to my child when I die. Before then I may decide to sell my house and leave him the cash instead.

[quote user="JF"]So you would rather that they set up the succession with the proviso it might not happen. How would that work?

In the same way that I plan to leave my current house to my child when I die. Before then I may decide to sell my house and leave him the cash instead.[/quote]
That appears to me to be the way we have been going for ten years. But in that time Delia has had no offer for her dollies house. Just schemes where she should give it away in return for allowing someone else to invest via glorified loans. Your child would be gutted.....
But we''re past that. They''ve set up the succession. The nephew''s literally on board. How would that work your way?

hogesar wrote the following post at 06/11/2016 4:34 PM:

I think Nutty, the point is more that all businesses (and football clubs are no exception) have a due diligence to succession plan. The board have done that. No one should really have an issue with it.

What people rightly find unacceptable is the admission that as a club we wouldn''t even listen to enquiries about the club. That is irresponsible ownership. Again there will be plenty of bad enquiries to reject but you listen to them all the same if you have the clubs best interest at heart.

I know if I was the majority shareholder of NCFC I would feel it was part of my remit to assess offers and enquiries in the best interest of the club and over 30,000 fans.

In that interview she may as well have just come out and said we don''t care about what the fans think, we are the owners and they are the customers. Irresponsible ownership indeed and it will have turned a lot of those customers against them

The thing is Nutty, our demise to the third division was our first in over fifty years and Chase got hounded out for being close administration, yet so we were under Delia too, now we hear that the "Find another mug like us and we will gladly sell the club" statement & the "we employed an independent agent to find us investment but there was nothing out there" was just made by Delia.

You are welcome to worshipping your idol and fair play to you but to me she''s out dated and holding back any advancement as a club.

But as you seem to be happy for us to just about tread water in the championship as a future then how can anyone really just want that for the club?

We could go on all night NN and you would defend them to the hilt. enquiries must have came in for the club as her wording was "we don''t even listen to enquiries anymore" I would have said it was their duty to listen to every enquiry if they had the good of the club at heart

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"]So you would rather that they set up the succession with the proviso it might not happen. How would that work?

In the same way that I plan to leave my current house to my child when I die. Before then I may decide to sell my house and leave him the cash instead.[/quote]
That appears to me to be the way we have been going for ten years. But in that time Delia has had no offer for her dollies house. Just schemes where she should give it away in return for allowing someone else to invest via glorified loans. Your child would be gutted.....
But we''re past that. They''ve set up the succession. The nephew''s literally on board. How would that work your way?
[/quote]

That''s funny Nutty, but isn''t that exactly how Delia got her hands on her majority share holding by turning glorified loans into shares at a good rate?

Also how do you know who or what has been lined up as She was pretty clear that all offers have been stopped before they had a chance to begin?

[quote user="Indy"]The thing is Nutty, our demise to the third division was our first in over fifty years and Chase got hounded out for being close administration, yet so we were under Delia too, now we hear that the "Find another mug like us and we will gladly sell the club" statement & the "we employed an independent agent to find us investment but there was nothing out there" was just made by Delia.

You are welcome to worshipping your idol and fair play to you but to me she''s out dated and holding back any advancement as a club.

But as you seem to be happy for us to just about tread water in the championship as a future then how can anyone really just want that for the club?[/quote]
So that year defines the twenty for you. I think it''s sad but each to their own.
Chase was not hounded out. He was hounded but he didn''t go. He did absolutely dispicable things against this clubs supporters including lying and setting police horses on them. When he took the club to the brink, much deeper that D&M ever did, he lined his pockets and scarpered. However after the League One relegation D&M stuck around and dug us out. And have since given us 4 years in the PL and of course the win at Wembley. previous to that we had that great run to the play-offs and the Huckerby years with Worthy. Either you weren''t around when Chase was here or youre deliberately trolling.
As for that inane bit at the end Indy - what do you do to try and get more for the club that I don''t?

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"]So you would rather that they set up the succession with the proviso it might not happen. How would that work?

[/quote]

That''s funny Nutty, but isn''t that exactly how Delia got her hands on her majority share holding by turning glorified loans into shares at a good rate?

Also how do you know who or what has been lined up as She was pretty clear that all offers have been stopped before they had a chance to begin?[/quote]
No. It was more like the way the nephew is going to get his hands on it. That time Geoffrey Watling held the shares in trust until he was happy to sell to D&M. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That time Geoffrey Watling held the shares in trust until he was happy to sell to D&M. [/quote]

Did he keep them in his wallet?[:^)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]That time Geoffrey Watling held the shares in trust until he was happy to sell to D&M. [/quote]

Did he keep them in his wallet?[:^)][/quote]
I think the wallet is where he walleted the proceeds[;)]
Is proceeds the right word when you sell the club''s soul to the devil...

[quote user="King Crimson"]I am perfectly happy with the idea of a community-minded club which continues to live within its means and will therefore bob around the divisions as a consequence.[/quote]
I agree with that ..... but, for all those wanting offers to be considered, what would an acceptable bid from an agreeable buyer look like?
I can''t think of anything that met those criteria and was viable to the bidder, though I would be very glad if anyone could explain otherwise.

Imagine if Marcus Evans had tried to buy Norwich City and the foaming mouthed, pitchfork and torches brigade had got wind that Delia turned him down.

Who would have been the villain?

I agree with that ..... but, for all those wanting offers to be considered, what would an acceptable bid from an agreeable buyer look like?

I can''t think of anything that met those criteria and was viable to the bidder, though I would be very glad if anyone could explain otherwise.

A consortium of Bill Gates, Mark what''s his face who owns Facebook and lets throw Richard Branson into the pot all want to buy the club as they are secret life long fans and want nothing more than to throw their billions at the club to make it successful! That''s surly great news for every city fan? But wait, there''s a problem! That''s right, Delia and her husband won''t even entertain listening to enquiries....,

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/11/2016 6:01 PM:

All they would have to do is go public.

But that doesn''t change their stance and their claims that they have the club at heart though does it? It just forces their hand into having to listen to the offer. This is the point though, if you''re not prepared to listen then you don''t know what''s on the table

No but if someone was serious and being lied about that''s what they would do. It''s convenient to be able to call someone a liar through stuff in your head.

Wouldn''t they also have to inform us shareholders of the offer too?

Who knows. I''m just taking her word for it as it''s what she has stated in a national paper. Maybe she will backtrack on the comments and put it down to being on the sauce again...

Delia has made a statement which is not easy to defend.

Perhaps she has been misquoted and a correction will be made, of course pigs might fly.

At least it''s clear now where she and the club stand, so it''s like it or lump it time.

I do think this statement will have disalusioned some of the fan base who were previously supportive of her but will now see her motivation as not representing the best interest of the club.

You''ll be saying she wasn''t drunk at the half time rant next nutty, it was her high heels!

What about the further shares which she gained from the loans after the purchase of the original shares from Whatling, I believe it was some time later, not 100 % sure now but I''m pretty sure the original share purchase didn''t give her & MJW the percentage they have now!

As for investment it''s clear to see we are just a customer and the only way to deal with it is if you''re not happy don''t go, which would see our crowds return to pre 2002 levels of 13-16000 average.

Alienating the customer will lead to less income in the long run, not a good way to run a business!

I still can''t see how people can write off the relegation and money issue and point the finger at Chase exactly the same as what''s happening now, relegated and slowly drifting, the crowd was less short on patients back then.

Still we all have a choice and after 26 years of season tickets I''m not renewing mine next year, not because of Delia, I''m just really bored with it all, I''m dusting off the golf clubs and touring more golf courses.

So I''ll become a plastic next year.

[quote user="VanWink"]Delia has made a statement which is not easy to defend.

Perhaps she has been misquoted and a correction will be made, of course pigs might fly.

At least it''s clear now where she and the club stand, so it''s like it or lump it time.

I do think this statement will have disalusioned some of the fan base who were previously supportive of her but will now see her motivation as not representing the best interest of the club.[/quote]

So what is in the best interest of the club?   As I see it, maintaining a structure/ethos that is in place is something to desire, not change.  Change is not always a good thing - and historically, there are precious few individuals in the world who have the connection to Norwich and have enough money to make any real difference.   You migh attract money, but you can''t attract club loyalty.  We have genuine Norwich supporters at the top of the club - and they have done exceptionally well to get us premier league football over the years and sorted out the club finances in the process. We are what we are - and long may it continue.  For me, continuity is the single most impotant factor in the success of a club.  So long term owners and a long term manager is always the aim.  AN is struggling atm, but the measure of any man is how he gets through that.  If he can sort out the present problems, then he will be a better manager for it.  Stick with Delia, stick with AN and we will emege the better for it. 

Indy, why don''t you ever respond to what I do say instead of the voice in your head that seems to say something different?

The trouble is I don''t think anyone can argue when a woman is in charge. Wynne Jones has no control of his wife when she has her mind set on who she wants as manager etc. Delia decides.Delia''s dolls house won''t be sold as long as she enjoys playing with it. She adores her little pet manager and all those little men that run round chasing a ball.She''s in charge until she hands the reins over to young Thomas.