Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Delia interview

As the world becomes even more bizarre I hardly like to suggest that anyone actually reads the article and try and take any specifics from it. Short of a declaration that NCFC will fight against the march of the Money Men of football, presumably to forge its way as a Cottage Industry , and of course that Norwich City Football Club is now a family business , I have given it a little more scrutiny.

Most interestingly, is of course Nephew Tom. The vagaries of his career not withstanding, Delia makes the case for him and his value to the football club. But this is the bit I don''t get.

Thomas Owen Barlett Smith (born Jan 1891) is described by Delia as a "Good Director" . But how does she measure this? He was appointed in Jan 2016 having held , it would appear Zero Directorships before hand. So , unless the appointment form is wrong, NT has never been a director before.

I know the Civil Service / James Bond stuff has been done to death , but nothing much is revealed. I conclude that this can only be because NT really was a secret agent having had the tap on the shoulder when he was Up At Cambridge , or nothing much happened. The statement on the website announcing his appointment is spectacular in its obliqueness. All you can glean is 10 years in various departments ( I do hope he tapped the side of his nose at this point in the interview) and then something to do with photography.

At Companies house, on his appointment details, he was described as a "Business Owner" at the time of his appointment. But apparently it wasn''t a limited company, and he wasn''t a director.

So Nephew Tom, who is now the future of my beloved football club, is a complex man of mystery (at best) , or (at worst) simply Delia''s Nephew who has, quite simply, hit the jackpot. Learning on the job is one thing , and happens in most family businesses, but at this (rumoured) salary/ share package , this if it were to be true , would be extraordinary.

But I''m sure it will all be fine. Coffee anyone?

[quote user="GPB"]As the world becomes even more bizarre I hardly like to suggest that anyone actually reads the article and try and take any specifics from it. Short of a declaration that NCFC will fight against the march of the Money Men of football, presumably to forge its way as a Cottage Industry , and of course that Norwich City Football Club is now a family business , I have given it a little more scrutiny.

Most interestingly, is of course Nephew Tom. The vagaries of his career not withstanding, Delia makes the case for him and his value to the football club. But this is the bit I don''t get.

Thomas Owen Barlett Smith (born Jan 1891) is described by Delia as a "Good Director" . But how does she measure this? He was appointed in Jan 2016 having held , it would appear Zero Directorships before hand. So , unless the appointment form is wrong, NT has never been a director before.

I know the Civil Service / James Bond stuff has been done to death , but nothing much is revealed. I conclude that this can only be because NT really was a secret agent having had the tap on the shoulder when he was Up At Cambridge , or nothing much happened. The statement on the website announcing his appointment is spectacular in its obliqueness. All you can glean is 10 years in various departments ( I do hope he tapped the side of his nose at this point in the interview) and then something to do with photography.

At Companies house, on his appointment details, he was described as a "Business Owner" at the time of his appointment. But apparently it wasn''t a limited company, and he wasn''t a director.

So Nephew Tom, who is now the future of my beloved football club, is a complex man of mystery (at best) , or (at worst) simply Delia''s Nephew who has, quite simply, hit the jackpot. Learning on the job is one thing , and happens in most family businesses, but at this (rumoured) salary/ share package , this if it were to be true , would be extraordinary.

But I''m sure it will all be fine. Coffee anyone?[/quote]In a nutshell GPB you have it in a nutshell. [Y]

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I think it''s up to the press to get an interview with him, better still an exclusive with hm, Delia and MWJ  on Canary player [/quote]No,no,no Swindon the way forward is to announce your intentions for our club and where you stand on approaches to a national newspaper not do such things to the likes of Archant or heaven forbid at the forthcoming AGM so that '' the best fans in the world '' are shown a degree of respect and get to hear it first.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]I think it''s up to the press to get an interview with him, better still an exclusive with hm, Delia and MWJ  on Canary player [/quote]No,no,no Swindon the way forward is to announce your intentions for our club and where you stand on approaches to a national newspaper not do such things to the likes of Archant or heaven forbid at the forthcoming AGM so that '' the best fans in the world '' are shown a degree of respect and get to hear it first.[/quote]You''re complaining that our owners availed themselves of the rare privilege (especially for a club that does not belong to the global elite) of a double-page spread in one of the world''s most famous newspapers (if now far from one of the best) to give their views on football?

Sorry Purple but you must have missed the VERY IMPORTANT memo outlining that since the Brighton defeat ANYTHING that happens going forward is negative regardless of who is responsible (save for if it''s Ryan Bennett or Kyle Lafferty, in which case whatever they''ve done is just in response to the establishment and are simply defending us fans and they should play more anyway because they''re better than Alex Neil) and whilst we may have complained a week ago that Delia & Co were too quiet, we''re now incredibly f*cked off that they''ve had the audacity to speak out in public.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]I think it''s up to the press to get an interview with him, better still an exclusive with hm, Delia and MWJ  on Canary player [/quote]No,no,no Swindon the way forward is to announce your intentions for our club and where you stand on approaches to a national newspaper not do such things to the likes of Archant or heaven forbid at the forthcoming AGM so that '' the best fans in the world '' are shown a degree of respect and get to hear it first.[/quote]

It''s going to be a long AGM if there''s a section where all the shareholders have to declare their future intentions for ownership of their shares.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]I think it''s up to the press to get an interview with him, better still an exclusive with hm, Delia and MWJ  on Canary player [/quote]No,no,no Swindon the way forward is to announce your intentions for our club and where you stand on approaches to a national newspaper not do such things to the likes of Archant or heaven forbid at the forthcoming AGM so that '' the best fans in the world '' are shown a degree of respect and get to hear it first.[/quote]

It''s going to be a long AGM if there''s a section where all the shareholders have to declare their future intentions for ownership of their shares.

[/quote]Well not when just two of them hold the majority.

[quote user="hogesar"]Sorry Purple but you must have missed the VERY IMPORTANT memo outlining that since the Brighton defeat ANYTHING that happens going forward is negative regardless of who is responsible (save for if it''s Ryan Bennett or Kyle Lafferty, in which case whatever they''ve done is just in response to the establishment and are simply defending us fans and they should play more anyway because they''re better than Alex Neil) and whilst we may have complained a week ago that Delia & Co were too quiet, we''re now incredibly f*cked off that they''ve had the audacity to speak out in public.[/quote]Hogesar, I wondered why my computer had what can only be described as a fit of the cyber-giggles...