Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD vs Newcastle.

[quote user="Cobain18"]May be wrong but ...... Think this side gives Howson more freedom to attack than he has had while having Dorrans'' passing ability to hopefully run the game. Tettey provides the shield.

Nice balance to me - hope I''m right![/quote]You''re not wrong, Cobain, it''s the 4-2-3-1 still with Tettey replacing Howson in the DP alongside Dorrans and Howson is in the central-midfield attacking role.It''s the centre-back pairing that concerns me a tad.

Personally I quite like the set up. Howson will probably play box to box in front of Tetty and Dorrans so we keep the midfield tight when they have the ball and will support Murphy and CamJam when we have it.

Kloser is a big miss though. Not been at his best recently I know but Bassong and Martin is a worry.

People forget how good Bassong CAN be on his day. Perhaps he will really step up tonight given that this is an opportunity to prove himself - most of his flaws come from poor concentration, something he may be a bit sharper on tonight given his current standing.

I''d rather have Bassong LCB than Bennett or Martin.

5Live making it sound like we could already be 2-0 down if Gayle was on form.

Worrying to hear that we''ve been undone by a hopeful long ball over the top...

Need to really tuck in for a bit and try to suck up the pressure and get a hold of the ball - else it''s just a matter of time..

1-0, inevitable.

We''ve barely been out of our half. It sounds like a Premier League team against a League One team in the cup so far.

Awful first 25 minutes. Needs changing already, we haven''t had the ball

Lets remember this will be our hardest away game this season, and the league won''t be won tonight.

[quote user="morty"]Lets remember this will be our hardest away game this season, and the league won''t be won tonight.[/quote]Oh that''s ok then - should we just declare now

@Morty

Yes but we''ve won 5 on the bounce and were top of the league before yesterday, yet have been utterly dominated. I can take losing a game but we''re barely involved in this game so far. I just checked the BBC stats and we''ve had 28% possession!

[quote user="morty"]Lets remember this will be our hardest away game this season, and the league won''t be won tonight.[/quote]

I agree Morty, but if we can all see we''re getting over run why can''t Alex

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]Lets remember this will be our hardest away game this season, and the league won''t be won tonight.[/quote]Oh that''s ok then - should we just declare now[/quote]You know your footy rules![;)]

[quote user="Countryside Canary"][quote user="morty"]Lets remember this will be our hardest away game this season, and the league won''t be won tonight.[/quote]

I agree Morty, but if we can all see we''re getting over run why can''t Alex[/quote]What do you expect him to do?