Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Leeds v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Match Chat/Thread

we obviously werent that serious about this otherwise we wouldnt have made so many changes......the only positive now is that probably only Brady and Tettey who started tonight will on Saturday,the rest of them were tucked up at home so there can''t be any excuses on that score.

Huge game now for the team and Alex Neil at Brighton now....

[quote user="KiwiScot"]1)Surprised we took off Tettey tbh. Scrappy game needing a bit more experienced players on the park. Both Dorrans and Tettey would have been more effective.2)Everyone''s going on about the defense, but the amount of times the attacking side got the ball and immediately gave it away was shocking. No hold up the ball, trying to make super passes straight away. So many opportunities wasted.[/quote]Pretty sure that substitution was made with Saturday in mind, Kiwi. And I thought Dorrans was excellent when he came on, and Thompson kept at it for two hours without showing too many signs of fatigue - very encouraging.Agree with your second point, Oliveira in particular needs to do more simple things more often.

They had half each and it was probably preplanned.
Disappointing for sure but a home draw would have been a better reward for winning at Everton. A lot of hot air, mostly from Waveney, about Lambert but 1-4 at home to MK Dons was his contribution to this cup. 

was Godfrey injured?.....because if he wasnt it was a questionable decision to use up out last substitution on Turner with extra time looming.

could have done with a more attacking option i.e Lafferty ...even moreso against 10 men

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
We are currently sitting comfortable in the playoffs. That is punching above our weight you div.
[/quote]Behave yourself for goodness sake ! A squad costing a fortune by Championship standards and certainly the most expensive ever assembled at Norwich City littered with vast International and Premiership experience and you seriously think that we are punching above our weight ?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]was Godfrey injured?.....because if he wasnt it was a questionable decision to use up out last substitution on Turner with extra time looming.

could have done with a more attacking option i.e Lafferty ...even moreso against 10 men[/quote]

Lafferty?! Behave. Was never coming on that pitch. Morris had more chance. Don''t understand why Russell Martin wasn''t placed on the bench tonight. Much more solid option than turner any day

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I think we actually lost 4-0 to MK Dons Nutty......[/quote]
I think you''re right buddy. But it''s like when you look back at the summers from way back they always seem a little sunnier than they actually were. I think it''s a sort of defence mechanism from remembering the brutal truth[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]How''s your hearts you bottlers ....[/quote]Err..... [;)][/quote]
Well... 120 mins + pens and it went right to the death. How early did you give up Smiffy. Rickyyy threw in the towel long before apparently.
[/quote]1) 1-0 up and cruising in the 1st Half. Should have put it to bed before HT but they equalise. Hope we don''t pay for this.....2) Jekyll and Hyde 2nd Half and Leeds player somehow misses an easy chance to win it. Have we been here before ?3) 2-1 up in 1st Half of ET against 10 men and playing well. Surely we''ll lay the ghost tonight ?4) 2-2 AET. Oh no.... it''s pens !!5) Three pens missed in shoot-out. We go out. No change there then.

Perm any one from five Nutty.

[/quote]
You were indecisive today then [;)]
I remember the weather house my grandad had. The man with the brolly looked a bit like you[um][st]
[/quote]Bit like the team who I follow/support/transact with was then. [;)]( Delete as appropriate )

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
We are currently sitting comfortable in the playoffs. That is punching above our weight you div.
[/quote]Behave yourself for goodness sake ! A squad costing a fortune by Championship standards and certainly the most expensive ever assembled at Norwich City littered with vast International and Premiership experience and you seriously think that we are punching above our weight ?[/quote]
To be fair Nutty, you are right, but you have to consider Newcastle and Villa.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
[/quote]Behave yourself for goodness sake ! A squad costing a fortune by Championship standards and certainly the most expensive ever assembled at Norwich City littered with vast International and Premiership experience and you seriously think that we are punching above our weight ?[/quote]
[/quote]
Til sorry, you two are so alike.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
[/quote]
I''m never right. Neither''s he...

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
[/quote]
Til sorry, you two are so alike.
[/quote]
Keep digging...
[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s all right for you customers. You can just go somewhere else. Us supporters are stuck with this lot...[/quote]
What do you mean by customers? That is either a horrible judgment of words or you just called me a customer? On this site I have followed for close to 10 years.
What at awful thing to say.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s all right for you customers. You can just go somewhere else. Us supporters are stuck with this lot...[/quote]S*it happens....Sadly as you know I''ve got a Brighton ticket.Will definitely be getting well stuck into the ale pre-match.I''ll need to blot out as much as I can..... [;)]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s all right for you customers. You can just go somewhere else. Us supporters are stuck with this lot...[/quote]
What do you mean by customers? That is either a horrible judgment of words or you just called me a customer? On this site I have followed for close to 10 years.
What at awful thing to say.
[/quote]
I don''t call anyone customers buddy. They call themselves customers. I''m with you. Why ever would anyone describe themselves as such. Still, it takes all sorts. Your''e a supporter I take it?

It warms the cockles of my heart to think of you as a supporter. I thought everyone of us were supporters until they all dropped that bombshell denying it. I''m a supporter too and proud of it. So that''s two of us.

Smiffy''s not though. By his own admission he is merely a customer. It was him I was talking to. Not you.

I remember you now. Your the guy who told me I was evrything that''s wrong with this forum. I forgive you now though. Us supporters have to stick together.

The squad is mentally weak and missing leaders on the pitch to carry them threw, At this level they are all quality players but the desire and drive to see the job out isn''t there. Neil looks to be incapable of keeping their minds on the job for the whole 90 minutes, much in the same way that Adams couldn''t before him.

"Apart from Bradley Johnson."

Now there''s a thought.

I''d swap him for Mulumbu any day.

Do you think Derby might be interested?

Half a season, no more, of BJ''s input might do wonders for team spirit.

Leadership is a big thing, and certainly something I have repeatedly thought and spoken about on here that I think we do still lack.

The question is, who would you rather have in your side to lead from the pitch;

Holty, BJ and Malky

or Jerome, Howson/Dorrans and Martin?

There''s no doubt they''re all very good players, but the first group are leaders through and through, the second group, hmm...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
[/quote]
I''m never right. Neither''s he...
[/quote]As opposed to those who are convinced they are always right.Yours sincerelyTilly.Fan/Customer/Supporter No.110**3.

There are more of them than us Tilly. If you were to take the view that after the transfer window we didn''t have enough quality to be promoted. Whilst holding the view that another manager could get this squad promoted by March it''s pretty difficult to be wrong...