Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Leeds v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Match Chat/Thread

Three players costing getting on for £30m between them couldn''t score a single penalty between them.

Game thrown away in my book.

Oh well!

Oh dear, still positives, Thompson & Pritchard looking good, Oliviera scoring and we can concentrate on the league now.

"How''s your hearts you bottlers"?

What a way to speak about the team, niggle.....

They tried their best.

[quote user="king canary"]Amazing. Gifted 30 minutes against 10 men, still can''t see the game out and we bottle the shootout. No guts.[/quote]The way we play it''s not amazing at all, it''s just routine now.We are so poor in so many areas of the pitch, and there are big question marks about a significant number of the squad, and at this rate we looking at a long stay in this division

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]How''s your hearts you bottlers ....[/quote]Err..... [;)][/quote]
Well... 120 mins + pens and it went right to the death. How early did you give up Smiffy. Rickyyy threw in the towel long before apparently.

I am sick to death of the whole club.

They are a joke. No real cup run in 30 years and manage to lose from a goal up against 10 knackered men.

Absolute disgrace and another game in which we have thrown a lead away.

Get lambert back, it''s the only time in the past 20 years we have actually punched above our weight.

Thos Alex Neil is a joke. He has not strengthened any areas we need to, we can''t defend, we have no game management and we will struggle for promotion with a squad that should treat this league with the contempt Newcastle are going to.

[quote user="ricardo"]Anyone surprised at this result hasn''t been paying attention.[/quote]
After that second half at Fulham? No I''m not surprised at all. The want to win is clear, the want to play 90 minutes to see out a win is alien to these these players. There is nothing but confusion and peculiarity when we protect leads. I just don''t get what Neil wants from a football match. He does the really hard stuff and then chucks it away. Odd is the word. Very odd. Play to win Alex. Play to win.

Really annoyed. Mostly because we had a good first half and the cup is a good way to get spirits high again but throwing away two leads, only to then bottle it at pens but get a second chance when Leeds do the same and still f*ck it up takes some special doing.

Thompson had a great game. Pritchard looks good attacking but he loses the ball far too much.

The sad thing is that is probably what they will do and loan them back to their current club.

It''s part of the plan to ensure we have a decent championship team in 5 years time.

[quote user="E I E I E I O"]I am sick to death of the whole club.

They are a joke. No real cup run in 30 years and manage to lose from a goal up against 10 knackered men.

Get lambert back, it''s the only time in the past 20 years we have actually punched above our weight.

Thos Alex Neil is a joke. He has not strengthened any areas we need to, we can''t defend, we have no game management and we will struggle for promotion with a squad that should treat this league with the contempt Newcastle are going to.[/quote]
We are currently sitting comfortable in the playoffs. That is punching above our weight you div.

I think the Newcastle result tonight tells you all you need to know regarding our chances of a quick return to the top flight!

We are, unfortunately on a downward spiral, much as when it all became too much for Neil Adams. We cannot defend as the goals against column tells you. Brighton is a very big game now to lift moral and keep us in it. Lose and we begin to fall away from where we need and want to be. I''m not for AN out or suggesting he should be sacked, but if he doesn''t turn these results around and address the poor defending something will give!

I would say so Nutty. Jacob may be younger but on that evidence protects the ball alot better than Pritchard and is a bit more sensible in his distribution! Thought Josh was lively though and is certainly another option.

Tough few days for AN and the squad leading up to the Brighton game. Let''s hope we get the same sort of reaction we got against Wolves.

[quote user="ricardo"]Anyone surprised at this result hasn''t been paying attention.[/quote]Either that or they are refusing to see what has been in front of their eyes for most of this season ricardo.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]not sitting in fourth place in the second tier with one of the best squads in the division.......[/quote]I think there is now a big question mark over the quality of our squad.You can perm any 2 or 3 of our defenders and you get the same errors and the same result. The midfield is full of names that look good but rarely perform to their potential. We have one half decent striker, another who is isn''t half as good as the half decent one and a third who wouldn''t get picked if we were playing 22 a side.We regularly struggle against so called inferior squads and that puts the quality of ours into perspective.It''s not as strong as some people would have you believe.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="E I E I E I O"]I am sick to death of the whole club.

Thos Alex Neil is a joke. He has not strengthened any areas we need to, we can''t defend, we have no game management and we will struggle for promotion with a squad that should treat this league with the contempt Newcastle are going to.[/quote]
We are currently sitting comfortable in the playoffs. That is punching above our weight you div.
[/quote]

How is it you moron. We are a club with most of the past 5 years in the prem. The play offs is a must not above our weight. If you have not noticed ourselves and Newcastle are odds on to be promoted. So hardly punching above our weight.

Yet we are currently below Brighton after losing to Preston at home, to Newcastle while leading 3-1 and 3-2 in the 92nd minute. Oh and drawing with Fulham after leading 2-0.

It''s just not good enough and the manager must go.

I agree Drinkell but I think also quite worryingly a lot of our fans these days believe the same. I cannot remember in my near 30 years of supporting the club such a large portion of our support seemingly having this mentality that we are just going to turn over everything in our path. I appreciate that we have arguably the strongest squad in the division on paper but this still doesn''t mean we will cruise through this league back to the Prem does it?

Unfortunately through work commitments I haven''t been able to attend as frequently in the past couple of seasons but when I have, what is so painfully obvious is the lack of atmosphere at the ground. This expectancy seems to have stifled the atmosphere in that when we don''t score in the first 10 minutes the crowd goes completely flat. Lets properly get behind this blossoming young squad as they will get the job done. Forgive them the mistakes and poor performances which will occasionally crop up and just stop the knee jerk reactions after the occasional defeat. After all it is a marathon not a sprint! :)

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]How''s your hearts you bottlers ....[/quote]Err..... [;)][/quote]
Well... 120 mins + pens and it went right to the death. How early did you give up Smiffy. Rickyyy threw in the towel long before apparently.
[/quote]1) 1-0 up and cruising in the 1st Half. Should have put it to bed before HT but they equalise. Hope we don''t pay for this.....2) Jekyll and Hyde 2nd Half and Leeds player somehow misses an easy chance to win it. Have we been here before ?3) 2-1 up in 1st Half of ET against 10 men and playing well. Surely we''ll lay the ghost tonight ?4) 2-2 AET. Oh no.... it''s pens !!5) Three pens missed in shoot-out. We go out. No change there then.

Perm any one from five Nutty.

1)Surprised we took off Tettey tbh. Scrappy game needing a bit more experienced players on the park. Both Dorrans and Tettey would have been more effective.2)Everyone''s going on about the defense, but the amount of times the attacking side got the ball and immediately gave it away was shocking. No hold up the ball, trying to make super passes straight away. So many opportunities wasted.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]How''s your hearts you bottlers ....[/quote]Err..... [;)][/quote]
[/quote]1) 1-0 up and cruising in the 1st Half. Should have put it to bed before HT but they equalise. Hope we don''t pay for this.....2) Jekyll and Hyde 2nd Half and Leeds player somehow misses an easy chance to win it. Have we been here before ?3) 2-1 up in 1st Half of ET against 10 men and playing well. Surely we''ll lay the ghost tonight ?4) 2-2 AET. Oh no.... it''s pens !!5) Three pens missed in shoot-out. We go out. No change there then.

Perm any one from five Nutty.

[/quote]
You were indecisive today then [;)]
I remember the weather house my grandad had. The man with the brolly looked a bit like you[um][st]