Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

jez moxey new chief executive then

Beth knowing Bowkett and his time here was a fantastic transformation at the time and someone to challenge the owners, now he''s gone I feel this is like we''ve gone back to pre McNally, having the same puppies in place that can be controlled by Delia & the board.

But hey just the feeling I have, time will tell, I''m still waiting to see anything Balls has contributed here other than spin in the press.

A chief executive who possesses an unquestionable record and a wealth of footballing knowledge

In reality how many are out there?

Moxey has taken a lot of stick from Wolves fans in the last couple of seasons, but the truth is hes done a pretty decent job in that time keeping Wolves where they are. The problem was Morgan, who just gave up investing and putting any real  money into that club, hence why they had to sell Afobe. Dont know what Moxey was supposed to do, given he was doing his best with peanuts.5 years at Stoke and 16 at Wolves suggests hes not a quitter, and he made sure their new takeover was going to be complete before he finally called it a day there. If indeed it is Moxey that will be our new chief exec, he at least deserves to be here for awhile before fans start sticking pins in him.

Don''t know much about the man but one thing is for sure this thread will degenerate into a slanging match before the night is out.

I know nothing about him. Wolves fans seem to moan about him but what don''t Wolves fans moan about..... [;)]

16 years running a club on a shoestring, he then finds new super-rich owners offering to spend tens of millions on players and instead of licking his chops at this new challenge..... he decides to jump ship and come to us. Something is up here, this stinks.

Either something is very wrong with Jez, or there''s something very wrong with this Chinese consortium.

I should add to my post, that Fosun tried to keep Moxey on but he said no. Like I said, something is up here.

@KIO

Why on earth does that mean something is up? He''s been at the club for 16 years, maybe he wanted a new challenge and this seemed the right time to move on. Maybe he doesn''t really want to work for the new owner? Maybe he decided to himself months ago that once a new owner has come in he would walk away.

The fact the new owner wanted to keep him should surely be a good thing?

Wolves fans moaning means fuck all. Half this forum were happy to see McNally go yet he achieved so much. Plus you don''t get the luxury of a CEO position at a fairly big club like Wolves unless you''ve done something right.

Not too pleased with this overall, to be honest. I''ve tried to do a bit of research - with pros and cons - however I think that it''s fair to say that fans of both Stoke and Wolves were happy to see him go.

The key points of his CEO career:

21 years experience

2x takeovers - some might see that as a plus

Developed grounds - the experience might be useful, however Stoke were relegated soon after (to the now L1), in debt and had to sell off players. (All credit to whoever took over after!

Signed off a state of the art Academy Facility at Wolves and apparently is a fan of producing young players. Wolves also have Cat 1 status)

On the board of EFL and FA - got awarded CEO of the year at one point.

Has managed to consistently keep Wolves in the black - although this has been done on selling players, paying low wages and spending an average of £1 million on players per season since he took over.

Promoted and relegated 3 times (including to L1), averaging 7th place in the Championship.

Managerial appointments: (Stoke) Chic Bates, Chris Kamara, Alan Durban, Brian Little and, hysterically, Gary Megson.

Wolves: Dave Jones, Glenn Hoddle, Mick McCarthy, Terry Connor, Stale Solbakken, Dean Saunders, Kenny Jackett.

Here''s summery about his time at Wolves: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/07/23/blog-questions-for-jez-moxeys-wolves-exit/

From Stoke: http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=79123

And here''s what Wolves fans think: http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?s=08680c98f0904e2484a29d8471a04e21&t=98819

Personally, from researching this, I am praying that we go up this season, otherwise it''s likely that we''ll see many of our best players get sold off with cheap replacements bought in.

Well it is what it is, I don''t support Balls, Moxey or Smith, I support the great club, their time here will go in time, so hopefully it will be a successful period with promotion back up.

Not impressed by our board since December, no coincidence that our downturn in fortunes was just after Bowkett left!

Roll on 6th to get our focus on the football rather than the dissapointing back room debacle.

Can we now get on and sign a couple strikers we need before January this year?

I am not sure what kind of level of appointment posters were expecting, but if it had been a CEO from lower down the league, or someone who had never been a football CEO before, the choice would have been ridiculed here.

On the face of it, to get someone with Moxey''s experience (and so the ability to hit the ground running) appears quite a coup.

The selection of managers during his time as a CEO does not look great, but I assume the same position applied with himself at Stoke and Wolves as with CEOs at Norwich City over the past 20 years - that all the good choices were made by the CEO and all the bad ones came about as a result of the owners interfering...

He may be good, he may not, who knows?

All I hope is that he is his own man and has the same sort of success that McNally had in his early days.

The new king of spin said.....

“We decided to get the best to help us, and that means we don’t just have to wait to see who comes to us. But also we will go out and look right across the whole football world and potentially more widely – although I think we’re looking for deep football experience – to make sure we get the best.”

Well there''s certainly a lot of experience in Moxey, but I doubt we actually used any headhunters, more likely were told that Wolves new owners wanted rid of Moxey.

Time will tell what the new dynamic duo bring to the table, but Moxey Balls sounds like an appointment with the clinic!

Depends whether you believe him or not, but in an interview on Radio Norfolk our chairman said that we had applications from Premier and Championship clubs and named the head hunting company involved - Something Saunders (I think).

Whilst there are negatives, I think I trust our board in their choice.

@Purple I tried to be as factual as possible with that post - involving pros and cons. After doing that, he has potential to be ok but I would consider his track record to be average to poor.

His pros are that he has experience-a-plenty, likes youth development and has developed grounds - although I hope he uses past experiences to understand when the right time to build is (he left Stoke in L1 with 8m in debt and Wolves have a half empty stadium, as mentioned). He also seems to be a safe pair of hands financially - although I feel this prudence will anger some fans, as it did Wolves''.

His cons are that his track record hasn''t been great. He left Stoke after getting relegated and in 8 million in debt. Wolves relegation was farcical that season and should have never have happened - as was getting relegated to league 1. I think most NCFC fans could give a good appraisal of Doncaster and McNally and I believe Wolves fans could give us a decent idea what to expect. I will give the guy a chance to do his thing, of course, but we can learn a lot from his 21 year history.

We have no option but to go with him, the board run the club, we are just along for the ride.

But you''re right, let''s see how we go this year with Moxey Balls.

[quote user="hogesar"]Wolves fans moaning means fuck all. Half this forum were happy to see McNally go yet he achieved so much. Plus you don''t get the luxury of a CEO position at a fairly big club like Wolves unless you''ve done something right.[/quote]If Wolves fans were universally singing his praises I''d be seriously concerned. The CEO of a football club is running a business, not a supporters club.

So 2+2 sometimes does make 4 then? I had a hunch this was going to happen. I wonder why he likes to be called Jez? Perhaps in his spare time he likes to play maracas like Bez from The Happy Mondays...

I suppose now that we''re competent enough to decide our country''s future rather than go with the decisions of parliament picking a new CE would have been a piece of p1ss. Unlike with Brexit we have not been trusted with this. But we should be well placed to judge what follows...