Sign in to follow this  
Wibble

Is Alex up to it ?

If I''ve seen McCormack play I can''t remember much about him. We''ll judge if he comes.

Thinking about signing forwards - However much more were people excited by the signing of RVW then they were about the signing of Grant Holt!

I do not think AN is up to the job in hand ,

we could of got maybe a moyes or rodgers at least given ourselves a chance of staying up

You can not put all the blame on the club transfer wise

a better manager would have got more out of what he had

i don''t think he has experience of building a team , he signs players yes but building a team is totally different

if you go for inexperienced manager it helps if they have contacts AN doesn''t

he doesn''t know how the big teams work as he has never been at one how they train about the staff scouting etc he has not been around that

i think IF you want a inexperienced manager Giggs is the one he has contacts ,

knows how to win ,

knows how a big club is set up

Every player knows of him instant respect

if we are struggling after 10 games and you want inexperience go for giggs

That''s very true, but holy only cost 400k, I think for me I can''t keep going on about it, but McCormack isn''t really value for money! If you look to what 12 million means to us along with wages, this would cost us a fortune, like Fulham if we fail to go up, we too will be looking to offload next summer?

Never mind we need a striker so it''s up to AN, I just hope he has what he had 18 months ago and gets us playing well again.

This VFM thing is a bit of a red herring for me. We have invested a lot on youth and potential. We get the Sky money to spend each season and that will be judged by performances each season. if we drop out of tve gravy train then other things become more important.

I''ve always backed AN and continue to do so.

His relationship with the new CEO is going to be different to the one he had with McNally, having appointed him I suspect McNally would have been prepared to cut him a bit more slack than Mutly will.

We need to get off to a good start for everybody''s sake!

Contrary to what has been said I think it is now too late to remove him. I felt he should have gone last Christmas and was called an idiot by various posters, RowD7 in particular, when I suggested it.

Our chance of survival went when we didn''t make a change and Sunderland and Bournmouth, who in my opinion, both had worse squads than us, stayed up.

Now we have to stick with AN for at least the start of the season as it would be ridiculous to chaange him now. IMO we need some fresh blood. Much of the squad have been relegated with us twice now. That is one tough ask to expect them to be up for the fight again. An injection of new blood was vital this close season (and a new challenge for some of the old guard would have been in their best interests too) but instead we have re-signed much of the same old tired faces.

I realise I''m in a minority and in some ways I''m pleased about that as it could be that I''m just too miserable to see the positives. We will see.

[quote user="Ali K"]I''ve always backed AN and continue to do so.

His relationship with the new CEO is going to be different to the one he had with McNally, having appointed him I suspect McNally would have been prepared to cut him a bit more slack than Mutly will.

We need to get off to a good start for everybody''s sake![/quote]Like Stevie Wonder with his pinio tutor

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Contrary to what has been said I think it is now too late to remove him. I felt he should have gone last Christmas and was called an idiot by various posters, RowD7 in particular, when I suggested it.

Our chance of survival went when we didn''t make a change and Sunderland and Bournmouth, who in my opinion, both had worse squads than us, stayed up.

Now we have to stick with AN for at least the start of the season as it would be ridiculous to chaange him now. IMO we need some fresh blood. Much of the squad have been relegated with us twice now. That is one tough ask to expect them to be up for the fight again. An injection of new blood was vital this close season (and a new challenge for some of the old guard would have been in their best interests too) but instead we have re-signed much of the same old tired faces.

I realise I''m in a minority and in some ways I''m pleased about that as it could be that I''m just too miserable to see the positives. We will see.[/quote]Great post Watch out , post count could be questions , or season tickets status??

Said I''ve had my doubts about him since the first half of last season.

Really hope he can turn it around in the Champs where the level obviously isn''t quite so high. But I wouldn''t fancy him as our manager in the Prem again.

Just catching up on today''s misery fest but I''d just like to thank Nutty for giving me a reason to chuckle! Best Freudian slip in ages!

I would be more concerned if Alex had said he didn''t make any mistakes last season.

I think bringing a fresh, experienced, face to the coaching staff was a good move - and he has identified how he wants the team to play this season.

We need to get behind the team for the battle ahead. Very few teams stroll to promotion from the Championship, and if this team, or us fans believe we have a right to promotion it''s going to end in disapointment.

Realistically if we are not challenging at the top end of the table after 12 games he will be gone. I believe if we get this McCormack deal done we will finish in the top 2

Agree with most of this post. I was at game yesterday, went on the front foot from the whistle. Left Whittaker so exposed it wasnt true, Murphy off attacking threat gone. Wes and Naysmith cant play in same side if they do we have no width. Jerome wont get us promoted on his own. We must keep Olsson if Brady goes, lose both we are not good enough. A centre half and striker we will be ok.

No matter that we sign The Man From Fulham i am still not sure which eleven players i will see run out of the tunnel at Blackburn next saturday. However in Alex i trust.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]No matter that we sign The Man From Fulham i am still not sure which eleven players i will see run out of the tunnel at Blackburn next saturday. However in Alex i trust.[/quote]

This is exactly why I am worried, I think Alex has lost his way a bit.

When he arrived he was a breath of fresh air, playing positive and aggressive football.

Now he doesn''t seem to know what style to play, what formation or who are his starting 11.

I''m not actually sure the purchase of McCormack will help with this as he doesn''t suit the way we have played recently.

I have faith in Alex but he needs to sort these basics out within first 10 games really.

AN has lost his way like you said

he should have stuck to what got him here and what gave him success

almost like howe at bournemouth had his team set up to play in a style that suited them

he knew he would not win them all but did enough to stay up

Sunderland looked dead and buried but big sam came in and used a system that worked

Now alex has just seems to have throw all the straws in the air and just trying to catch the right one !

what i have started to notice more is he tries to shift the blame to others our scouting was not up to it , then we didnt get the players he wanted , then holt gone

well time has come in the next 10 games for him to prove how good he is after all he has had more backing from some fans than a lot of managers who have made the mistakes he has made time to repay the faith

Without an edit ill ha e to post 2

There seems to be two points here :

1st is alex up to the task tactically, his subs seem bizarre to say the least , no striker , lafferty on bench. This is busoness you cant hold grudges or are we just trying to justify 8M to the board , well that failed again.

2nd does the board hold trust in alex ? It seems from many points that the board are not interested in a big money signing, agree pritchard was qjite a fee but that was not alex !

As i said and was shot down, whittaker , i would rather roger wittaker , one man up front in a chmpionship where we are supposedly very strong, the man is one dimensional tactixally, and why , because we have know for 6 months we need a defender and striker , have signed neither in 6 months which has lost us 3 points.

Fuck them club, im in turmoil!

Funny how things change, i cant be arsed to take the comments from the often blinkered posters , but my oh my , do they agree now ?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]So who signed Pritchard if "not Alex"?[/quote]

Would rather have had a player we needed, like a goal scorer ...

Is Neil up to it?If importing & exporting Scottish players is the deal...YES![:|]

[quote user="Jools"]Is Neil up to it?If importing & exporting Scottish players is the deal...YES![:|]

[/quote]

Its No really, im just awaiting apologies q

Where the small minded indiviuals tonight ?

Its funny when you make a comment these ultra macho fuckwits are all around , but very rarely to say sorry mate you were right.

Fucking idiots !