Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

The new Chief Exec

I have, believe it or not tried to be patient this time with our board, reassured perhaps by their assertions (weeks ago) that it was imperative that a Chief Exec (the right one) be appointed as soon as possible to begin the planning process for this key time in our great Club''s history.

We were told that they were ''overrun'' with applications many extremely strong and I ignored our previous experience of for example the appointment of a ''father figure'' for Neil Adams who was appointed (eventually) and then resigned a couple of weeks later, the mini Management team that became a disaster and the failure to appoint a player recruiter in good time that then meant that we either did not recruit or when we did generally either paniced or got it wrong!

Well Mr Balls, please reassure me that huge progress is being made and this time it is me that has got it wrong, otherwise just like last season we will be running out of time!

If you didn''t email your time table to Mr Balls how do you think he will be able to satisfy it?

Try emailing the club not sure Balls reads this message board

would you rather they rushed the wrong person in or took a bit of time and got the right person?

Whoever gets the job it will be the wrong person for some of the morons on here before he''s even been in the job a day, it''s the norwich way

If a delay means we''re gett g the right one in then so be it.

I have found scouring Europe for employees takes some time.

I''m guessing "as soon as possible" when you are after a new CE is a timeframe that can''t be compared to getting a temp in "as soon as possible" to stuff envelopes for a week.Senior positions take time and as someone on here has already pointed out, if we are after someone already in work, then there are all sorts of hoops to jump through before even a formal offer and acceptance of same can be accepted and, eventually, announced.The club have appointed an interim and he will keep things ticking over whilst they sort out his replacement. It''s not a postion that you can fill that quickly, in anycase, if they did, there''d be accusations of panic appointments and not looking carefully or searching for the right applicant etc.The notice period for a senior position is usually a lot longer than 4 weeks so even if we identified the right person on the same day as DMN quit, thats still only, what 4, 4 and a half or so weeks ago today anyway.No point in the club making announcements about how progress might be coming along, when the right person is in place that''ll be the time and I would imagine it would be by the end of this month at the latest-but even that might be over optimistic.

It took a month to appoint McNally and that was at a time when we didn''t have a chairman either so the need was arguably greater.

Chill out and what will be will be.

As he will need to be a fan this surely limits the number who will be considered. Unsure how many candidates will have the necessary skills and be Norfolk born. Suggest it will take some time.

We''ll know when we know. For all the positives he gave us, McNally landed us in it and this period of uncertainty is nobodies fault but his. It''s certainly not the fault of Ed Balls.

Reality is if we recruit from outside, there is a good chance any likely prospect will be under contract, so therefor don''t be surprised if he doesn''t have to give 3 months notice, at least.

I still believe it will be Mr Stone, not sure why, but have that feeling.

I don''t know why you guys bother using so much words like this OP. Such a waste!

Just say "wassssgooornnnonnnn!!!?"

It encompasses everything!

The whole point is that EVERYTHING, new contracts for existing players,recruitment of new players etc etc is on hold until this appointment takes place, and even then ONLY after a settling in period! Do we ever learn from our mistakes or will this be a convenient excuse for further non performance next season?

Not one of the existing Board have the slightest clue regarding the running of a football club!

Not sure that is true.

In fact I am sure that Mr Balls has said that business can go on as ''normal'' under the interim arrangements.

Things will take as long as they take.

The Transfer window is open yet.

Expiring contracts will expire at the end of June.

Just relax.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Not sure that is true.

In fact I am sure that Mr Balls has said that business can go on as ''normal'' under the interim arrangements.

Things will take as long as they take.

The Transfer window is open yet.

Expiring contracts will expire at the end of June.

Just relax.[/quote]

..........just relax?

I believe that was what I was told when I suggested that last year''s Jan recruitment was too late to save our bacon and in all likelihood would bring in players with too little time to bedin and were probably players no one else wanted!

All true, except of course Klose!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]The whole point is that EVERYTHING, new contracts for existing players,recruitment of new players etc etc is on hold until this appointment takes place, and even then ONLY after a settling in period![/quote]OR......."“The interim structure is very important because when we sat down at the

beginning of last week with Alex, what we all knew from the start was

the reality of the summer window would start straight away – and we had

to hit the ground running,” said Balls.“We put in place immediate structures that started last week to fill the

immediate gap. We’ve had constant discussions with Alex, and Steve

Stone is really stepping up into the role of interim chief executive.“I think we’ve got a Premier League-quality team doing our immediate

summer business and
the fact we’ve been able to move immediately with

Steven Whittaker
, you know there are discussions with Gary O’Neil – but

many other things are going on as well.
“I think that could reassure supporters we are determined to make sure

we have the best summer we can, so we can get back to the Premier League

at the first time of asking, and we can do that without needing to rush

a long-term decision on the chief executive."
So who do we believe, The chairman of the football club or the OP, even allowing for his glaring mistake?  And who follows it up with this little gem.....[quote user="Derby Canary"]Not one of the existing Board have the

slightest clue regarding the running of a football club![/quote]Apart from the twenty years Delia and Michael have been at the helm I suppose we have to go back to Foulger''s minor involvement.Conversely, what are your qualifications Derby, Which clubs have you successfully ran?(football manager 2016 doesn''t count, honestly).

[quote user="Derby Canary"]The whole point is that EVERYTHING, new contracts for existing players,recruitment of new players etc etc is on hold until this appointment takes place, and even then ONLY after a settling in period! [/quote]

Is this because when he left McNally took the pen with him and we''ll have to wait until the new person (I notice that you have only considered men for the role) arrives they will have to settle in before they are allowed to buy a pen?

How about as loyal fan you buy a pen and then the hold status can be lifted, you''ll be a hero!

Not one of the existing Board have the

slightest clue regarding the running of a football club!

..........and thats a fact Lappin. As much as we appreciate Delia''s past financial contribution it''s not ''time with the club'' that qualifies her (and others) for the role as they have demonstrated time and again.

Although I do not claim to have ''Managerial qualities'' as a long term supporter I am entitled to pass comment when I see the same mistakes repeated again and again.

Derby canary

Although I do not claim to have ''Managerial qualities'' as a long term supporter I am entitled to pass comment when I see the same mistakes repeated again and again

Doesn''t the term "supporter" extend to the hierarchy at the club?, or am I just old fashioned in my views.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Not one of the existing Board have the

slightest clue regarding the running of a football club! ..........and thats a fact Lappin. [/quote]It''s not a fact, it''s your opinion.And as you''ve shown earlier in this thread, your opinion is suspect to say the least. You''d be very wise to keep your flawed  "facts" to yourself before you make yourself look even more foolish (if that''s possible) than you do already.

Yes, obviously every single person at the club is sat at their desk, looking confused and a bit lost, and totally unable to do a single thing because we don''t have a chief exec.Jesus Christ.

[quote user="morty"]Yes, obviously every single person at the club is sat at their desk, looking confused and a bit lost, and totally unable to do a single thing because we don''t have a chief exec.Jesus Christ.[/quote]

David McNally made just about every decision there was to make at the Club over the past 5 years so that scenario is probably about right!

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]How do some people make it through the day?[/quote]Writing rubbish on here?[;)]

morty wrote the following post at 08 Jun 2016 4:45 PM:

Yes, obviously every single person at the club is sat at their desk, looking confused and a bit lost, and totally unable to do a single thing because we don''t have a chief exec.

Jesus Christ.

It''s the new and improved Mike Ashley school of business but with only one strike.

Derby Canary is just excited that the derby against the Canaries is back again.
Obvious Bin.
Part of an unholy trinity with "Curious Canary" and "TheCanaryFan".
Has anyone else noticed a habit for any poster with the name "<<Geographical Location>> Canary" to be utterly depressed/depressing/maudlin/miserable?
Yorkshire Canary
Highland Canary
Derby Canary