Sign in to follow this  
daly

New Board Member

What the fxxk does a kid who worked for the Civil Service bring to NCFC apart from sticking his hand up when told too

By all means I read his backstory and it made me ask myself what i''m doing with my life when he''s 35 and has done all that!

Bit harsh in your assessment I think but having auntie Delia obviously helps him. What''s he supposed to do though? Not try and make the most of his opportunities in life because he''s more fortunate than others?

He brings stability should Delia or Michael not be able to for any reason fulfill their duties as majority share holders and take over at the helm when they are ready to take a back seat. Are you really so dumb you had to ask.

There''s a rule on the TV programme Pointless that when a contestant tells them that they are a Civil Servant but they don''t elaborate then they are a spy.

Having ''James Bond'' on our board sounds really cool.

So in your (the OP) scenario, Delia and MWJ continue running the club until they pass away. And then what? They''re going to leave their shares to somebody, I''d rather they leave their shares to somebody that has had the experience of (hopefully) a few years of working as a director for this football club getting to know the ins and the outs rather than just being thrust into it at what will undoubtedly be a turbulent time.

Frankly I think it''s a very sensible appointment.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]There''s a rule on the TV programme Pointless that when a contestant tells them that they are a Civil Servant but they don''t elaborate then they are a spy.

Having ''James Bond'' on our board sounds really cool.[/quote]

"Most of my experience is about

helping people make decisions, often in tough circumstances with an

awful lot at stake," he explained.
"For much of

my career this was in military operations, but I have a diversity of

experience in a variety of roles. The single strand that runs through

all of that however is the ability to inform decision-making in

challenging conditions.
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-director-tom-smith-2912273.aspx#V4KkbIHs5Rvh6y73.99

Sounds like someone trying to describe being a spy without saying the word ''spy''.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]He brings stability should Delia or Michael not be able to for any reason fulfill their duties as majority share holders and take over at the helm when they are ready to take a back seat. Are you really so dumb you had to ask.[/quote]

You really cannot be that thick to say he brings stability to The Board, he''s am ex pen pusher with the civil service. What experience is that to run a Premiership club, we lost the best man in Mr Bowkett who at least knew how to run a business

PS Did they make him redundant when they changed to Tea bags

We''ve got Mr Fry who only spent 30 minutes at the AGM in all his time as a Director plus Mr Balls Up the failed politician with the bent wife and now we''ve got Johnny English

[quote user="daly"]What the fxxk does a kid who worked for the Civil Service bring to NCFC apart from sticking his hand up when told too[/quote]

A lot more than you would

As SF is now an ambassador perhaps he can set up a Pyongyang branch of supporters. Mind you he''ll have to re-educate them to recognise Delia as the Dear Leader.

[quote user="daly"][quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]He brings stability should Delia or Michael not be able to for any reason fulfill their duties as majority share holders and take over at the helm when they are ready to take a back seat. Are you really so dumb you had to ask.[/quote]

You really cannot be that thick to say he brings stability to The Board, he''s am ex pen pusher with the civil service. What experience is that to run a Premiership club, we lost the best man in Mr Bowkett who at least knew how to run a business

PS Did they make him redundant when they changed to Tea bags[/quote]He''s there to learn the ropes. As has been said/suggested by a few, it''s all about succession. Delia and Michael are getting to that age where they will move over and hand it over to someone that they trust and has a love of City.

Make no mistake, unless there is some sort of sale or massive "outside investment", this guy will be the owner of the club after D&M step aside/pass away. They have no kids and so someone needs to be left the club in the will.

Time will tell if that''s a good thing.. First impressions aren''t great from that interview but giving the benefit of the doubt he may be nervous and I suppose better the devil you know than some random, asset stripping foreign owner.

Assuming all of that to be the case, as others have pointed out, better he learns the ropes first and from what I understand he has already spent time in all areas of the club so he can make a genuine contribution from now on.

2 decent signings and you start to think they are finally are getting their act together then they do a completely idiotic thing like this and you are reassured they haven''t a clue

[quote user="daly"]What the fxxk does a kid who worked for the Civil Service bring to NCFC apart from sticking his hand up when told too[/quote]

He will eventually be the guy who owns most of the shares so he won''t be worrying about other peoples hands going up.You can moan all you like but it will be his train set.

Now Rickyyyyy, how does a dollies house become a train set. Or is it one of those transformer thingys?

But in all seriousness Fry''s directorship saw the club go from strength to strength. He will be a hard act to follow...

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to give the club to its rightful owners, ie the fans, and protect it long term from falling into the hands of a hedge fund or suchlike. What happens? Delia starts the process of handing our club over to her spoilt brat nephew.This kind of hare-brained idiocy is the hallmark of Norwich under Delia''s control.

The rightful owners are the shareholders and those with the most shares have the most rights.

I am sure the club is open to offers if you want to make the club ''rightfully'' yours.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]He could have been a mince spy.......[/quote]

Not available at CR only Pukka Spies

[quote user="93vintage"]This kind of hare-brained idiocy is the

hallmark of Norwich under Delia''s control.[/quote]

Not the success of the club then?

Who''s hallmark is that then?

Ask any Pompey or Glasgow Rangers fans who they would have preferred given the chance.

[quote user="daly"]We''ve got Mr Fry who only spent 30 minutes at the AGM in all his time as a Director plus Mr Balls Up the failed politician with the bent wife and now we''ve got Johnny English[/quote]You have heard of libel haven''t you?This is a pretty unpleasant thread that reeks of jealousy; who knows what he will or won''t bring to the club but the personal attacks seem a bit much without any personal knowledge of him or his abilities.

[quote user="93vintage"]This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to give the club to its rightful owners, ie the fans, and protect it long term from falling into the hands of a hedge fund or suchlike. What happens? Delia starts the process of handing our club over to her spoilt brat nephew.[/quote][quote user="daly"]We''ve got Mr Fry who only spent 30 minutes at the AGM

in all his time as a Director plus Mr Balls Up the failed politician

with the bent wife and now we''ve got Johnny English[/quote]And you two think it''s fans like you who should own and run our club?No thanks. [:''(]

[quote user="93vintage"]This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to give the club to its rightful owners, ie the fans, and protect it long term from falling into the hands of a hedge fund or suchlike. What happens? Delia starts the process of handing our club over to her spoilt brat nephew.This kind of hare-brained idiocy is the hallmark of Norwich under Delia''s control.[/quote]

There is nothing to say that making the nephew a director automatically means he is going to become the owner, or that if he does that automatically rules out at least some fan participation in the running of the company.

But anyone saying the club should now have been handed over to the fans needs to explain just how financially secure such a deal would be, with adequate resources for lean years, because without that such a move could easily make us more vulnerable to an unwanted takeover rather than less.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] anyone saying the club should now have been handed over to the fans needs to explain just how financially secure such a deal would be, with adequate resources for lean years, because without that such a move could easily make us more vulnerable to an unwanted takeover rather than less.[/quote]Spot on Purple and who exactly are these fans that the fanbase can trust as custodians of our club with an annual turnover heading skywards of £100 million next season should we stay up ? Yes there are a handful who might promote themselves as capable but then again ( and to use the words of Mike McCarthy when talking about his spat with Steve Evans " self publicists talk a good game ".

[quote user="TIL 1010"]who exactly are these fans that the fanbase can trust as custodians of our club with an annual turnover heading skywards of £100 million next season should we stay up ?[/quote]There''s some very knowledgeable folk on Canary Call don''t you know? [^o)]