Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Villa Match Thread

TEAM: Rudd; Martin (c), Klose, Bassong, Brady; Howson, Mulumbu, O''Neil, Hoolahan; Naismith; Mbokani. #ncfcSUBS: Ruddy (GK), Jerome, Bamford, Jarvis, Redmond, Olsson, Pinto. #ncfc

So what has Bennett done wrong then?The only CB option on the bench is Pinto to RB & Martin to CB.Let''s hope Klose & Bassong stay on the pitch.Risky.

For me the most important combination will be the forward 3 today. We can only defend when we score first, I fancy Wes to perform today.

Think the Beeb have the defence wrong, don''t they send reporters who know how a team plays?

[quote user="Making Plans"][img]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/2/6/905062d7-d389-4c7c-9711-75bcfc600aea.png[/img][/quote]Top research from the beeb there! [:S]

They linked up very well v Liverpool, Wes also naturally comes inside which gives Brady space to attack. The problem v Liverpool was the lack of any defensive cover from the central midfield which hopefully Mulumbu and O''Neil will address.

Well time for Mulumbu to prove his worth, much prefer Howson there with Redmond on the wing but then I suppose the three of Wes, Naismith & Redmond might leave us a little exposed.

Not too bad a line up, Bennett for Bassong and it would have been pretty tight at the back.

Afternoon everyone. Hope springs and all that.

I''m not happy with out right side again. I want to see Olsson and Brady there and like everyone else, Bassong replaced by Bennett but he doesn''t seem to be a favourite of AN''s.

If I were a Villa fan then Norwich would be my choice to play. We break other sides bad runs like no other. Let it be different today, please.

I don''t like to look too far ahead but the next two games could make a huge difference as those around us have tough matches and we could be a few points clear of the bottom three if everything went well. But it''s Norwich City we are talking about here and no one shoots themselves in the foot better atm.

I meant to say: Olsson and Brady on the left with a proper wide man on the right. Move Jonny in the middle instead of Mulumbu and put Jarvis or even Redmond right side.

Absolute agony following this offshore in Africa, pressing refresh on the BBC website every 30 seconds!

This game is hoooge buh, hoooge.

Couple of things - Olsson and Brady on the right? Surely not?!

As for Villa, they are not on as bad form as everyone seems to be making out - they have lost a couple but that was on the back of some much improved performances (eg drew with Leicester) and we''re on a much worse run.

Early signs that Villa look pretty nervous at home!

Crowd seems very easy to turn on the team, hopefully a nice easy NCFC goal can help with matters!

if we lose this he should be sacked for picking such a negative 11 in a must win gamenot much use playing counter attacking football when weve only got one player on the pitch with any pace

For those saying the XI is negative, AN has pretty much taken this approach for most of his games in the Prem - grind and wear down the opponents attacks, then in the second half introduce some spark with Redmond or Bamford and give it a good go!

[quote user="iron_stan"]if we lose this he should be sacked for picking such a negative 11 in a must win gamenot much use playing counter attacking football when weve only got one player on the pitch with any pace[/quote]

Should have been sacked already

Villa are on a much better run than when we saw them at Christmas and have lots of m/f players so will look ok on the ball - their big problem has been scoring. The idea that we would just turn up, play attacking football and win is so far off the reality of things, we need to be on our game; IMO the team selections seem perfectly reasonable.

[quote user="AJ"]grind and wear down the opponents attacks, then in the second half introduce some spark with Redmond or Bamford and give it a good go![/quote]yeh the problem is we are normally 2-0 down by the time we go on the offensive ;)we cant defend for toffee