Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Cheerio Ambassador.

Apparently off to live in LA, and has left ''Twitter''......Devastating news!

Who''s gonna replace our NCFC National Treasure?

Maybe ''Little Lord Tommy Fauntleroy'' will have an immediate internal promotion to Ambassador with the blessing of Aunty......and another outsider chum of the Majority Shareholders will be appointed as a Director?

As I could never understand what he brought to the party I can''t see his flouncing off to the US as a great loss. The idea that his Twitter followers would suddenly become NCFC fans beggared belief. Anyway nephew Tom will provide the vote that SF would provide.

While I admit to not liking him, putting Fry on the board was always an absolutely daft idea. He contributed practically nothing.

Abuse after the "bag woman" comment wasn''t it?

Just don''t get people''s problem with him, famous man, massive profile closely associated with our club, all good as far as I can see.

Or am I missing something?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Mr Fry must be running the banned Wiz close for number of hissy fits. [:D]Can''t understand why a bloke with an intelligence so off-the-scale bothers with all that '' Twitter '' nonsense in the first place.[/quote]Stephen Fry described Twitter as " a stalking ground for the sanctimoniously self righteous".There are a few of them around believe me.

Any kind of celebrity endorsement is good for the club whether it is Fry, jackman, delia etc all adds up to improving the brand value of the club

[quote user="93vintage"]While I admit to not liking him, putting Fry on the board was always an absolutely daft idea. He contributed practically nothing.[/quote]You know this how? One would need either to be a fellow director or to be in on their discussions to be sure of that.

Don''t understand all this vitriol against him. In the huge cesspit of mediocrity that makes up the British celebrity circuit he is almost alone in showing any modicum of intelligence, sensitivity and saying anything of remote interest.

I don''t know if he contributed much to NCFC but he certainly didn''t cost anything.

The vitriol is pretty simple really, and usually accompanies anyone who is any or all of the following:

1)Intelligent.

2)Self-deprecating (perceived as insincere)

3)Humble (see above)

4)Gay and married. Gays are ok as long as they''re easily identified and don''t try to be like straight people

5)Liberal/left wing. Online trolls are usually Tories.

6 and most important) SUCCESSFUL. Absolutely not acceptable! I don''t want to be reminded of my own shortcomings or lack of intelligence/ability/motivation

Tbh Twitter and the Twitterati completely pass me by...it appears to be the last refuge of the criminally dull and easily offensive/offended.

The whole thing can be summed up as...Attention seeking fool gets offended by attention-seeking fool and decides to flounce off and not seek attention any more (until they need the attention again and rejoin the attention-seeking fools).

Apples

I never understand people who slag off Twitter. It''s fantastic, especially for football fans. I don''t know any other social networking site that allows you to follow your club and fans so closely. Match days are especially fun, and you get a real sense of the excitement and buzz from everyone involved with the club.

To say Twitter''s dull suggests you don''t really follow the right people.

This isn''t a court of law, Mr Apple. You have no case to answer.

But if you find new technology a little intimidating or hard to get your head around, there are plenty of step-by-step guides out there.

I know, it was the case for the prosecution.

A step-by-step guide to Twitter...I''m not sure, but I don''t think that''s the heaviest book on the shelf..."have thought"..."must post"..."post"..."yaaaaay, some people like it, I''m happy"..."boooo (hiss), some people don''t like it, I''m sad/offended"..."have thought"..."must post"..."post"...etc...etc...etc (ad afinitum).

Apples

You just described every article or opinion piece ever written!

Twitter is no different to any other medium in that respect. The quality of the information is dependent upon the person writing it. What makes it slightly different to, say, a newspaper for example, is that it can accurately convey and reflect a wider feeling or view expressed at a specific moment in time by any number of people or groups. It''s a barometer of opinion, though of course sometimes those opinions won''t sit well with your own.

Besides which, many journalists now use Twitter to link to their own articles or columns, and gives you a wider choice of the articles you''re willing to read. It''s also the preferred mouth piece of your own football club and, until a year or so ago, your chief exec.

I can''t believe i''m spending time trying to argue with you about the merits of Twitter. It has, what, 300 million active users? But of course, they''re all stupid and boring and you''re very clever and interesting.

Oranges

I can''t believe you are either...shouldn''t you be posting the 300,000,000 active users a picture of your dinner or telling everybody how it''s "wine o''clock"? That''s a very fair point about quality though (garbage in/garbage out).

In any case Crystal I''ve never been so offended in all my life...if only I used Twitter I could tell everyone about it, before shutting my account down...I''m sure they would be interested (well wouldn''t they)? I''m off for my tea...picture, review and comments to follow!

Apples