Who would you pick?

I would go with something like this....

Rudd

Martin Wisdom. Bennett. Olsson

Mulumbu

Ofoe

Jarvis. Hooper. Brady

Mbokani

Rudd     Whittaker Martin Bennett Olsson Vadis Mulumbu O''Neill  Dorrans Lafferty                     MbokaniMartin and Whittaker need the game time to re-establish their credentials.

I would go for 3-5-2

GK. Rudd

LCB. Bassong

CB. Bennett

RCB. Wisdom

LWB. Olson

RWB. Redmond

DM. Mulumbu

DM. O'' Neil

AM. Vadis

ST. Lafferty

ST. Hooper

Subs; Ruddy, Martin, Brady, Dorrans, Hoolahan, Jerome, Mbokani

At last an advocate of a 3-5-2 just like me, even better without Martin in the side and the same back 3 as i have in a previous post hurrah!!

Word on the street is that in preparation for Man City game both Rudd and Ruddy will start

----------------------Rudd--------------------

------------------------------------------------

Whittaker---Wisdom---Bassong---Olsson

-------------Mulumbu---O''Neil--------------

---------------------Dorrans------------------

----Vadis---------------------------Jarvis----

--------------------Jerome--------------------

Subs:

Kean, Martin, Brady, Howson, Redmond, Hooper, Lafferty

It''s difficult to know what team to suggest that would stand any chance of holding Everton, let alone beating them. Some of our promising young players who might have risen to the task are out on loan.

It''s possible to make some guess of who will play, from Neil''s mention of using some of the more peripheral players, and in this Vadis, Rudd, Lafferty Bennett and Wisdom could be picked, and Lumumbu will surely replace the knee wounded Tettey. I think that if Elliot Bennett was still available, he would surely inject some pace into the back line.

Will Jerome get a game to maintain match fitness, or will Mbukani continue to settle in? I have no idea.

Rudd

Whittaker Wisdom Bennett Olsson

Redmond Odjidge-Ofoe Mulumbu O''Neil Brady

Grabban

Subs: Ruddy, Hoolahan, Martin, Lafferty, Jerome (Mbokani), Dorrans, Jarvis

Possibly Jarvis / Brady swap. Mbokani on the bench if he''s over his bug. Mulumbu in a more defensive role in front of back 4 for his 1st game back. Think there''s some pace in that line-up, protection for defence.

Anyone''s guess, this one - although one would expect some key players to be rested with Saturday in mind. I''ve tinkered with this endlessly, and still none the wiser. Who knows?!-----------------------Rudd----------------------Whittaker--Wisdom----Bennett-----Olsson-------------Mulumbu-----O''Neil--------------Grabban-------------Vadis--------------Jarvis----------------------Jerome--------------------Subs: Kean, Martin, Brady, Dorrans, Hoolahan, Lafferty, Mbokani.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Redmond rwb. That''s funny.[/quote]Elliott Bennett has been playing that role very well for Bristol City. I know it''s only the Championship, but I''m a bit surprised he''s not been retained for rotation/squad depth purposes. Would certainly give us another option on the right of midfield, and he has never been one to shirk his defensive responsibilities.

I''ve been rather pleased with the overall strength of the squads that AN has fielded so far this season in the cup matches. Having lost 3 matches in a row we are experiencing our first real lull of both performances and results since the start of his tenure and, with this in mind, I believe we can expect to see an even stronger line up in an attempt to inject some confidence back into the side- providing we do actually play well..

------------------------Rudd----------------------

--Whitaker----Martin-----Bassong---Olsson--

------------Dorrans--------Mulumbu------------

------Redmond-----Hoolahan--------Brady----

-----------------------Jerome---------------------

I can see Mulumbu, Redmond and Brady all potentially starting on the bench but hope to see a line up such as this and believe that AN will return to, what you would call, our most ''common'' back 4.

Rudd to be given a chance against a strong premier league side. Although I don''t expect a good performance to result in him dislodging Ruddy as a league starter, just yet, with Man City away being our next fixture...

If Rudd performs well tomorrow night, I suspect there could be a lot at stake for Ruddy on Saturday.

Apologies, can add Hoolahan to that list of ''potential benchers''.

Would also like to see Lafferty thrown on at around 60-65 minutes, depending on how the game is going- he couldn''t have done much more against West Brom!

Rudd

Whittaker Martin Wisdom Bennett Bassong Olsson Brady

Tettey Mulumbu

Mbokani

I''d like to see Rudd, Martin, Wisdom, Bennett, Olsson in defence as I can''t see many other options.

Mulumbu to take Tettey''s place, Ofoe to start, Dorrans, Jarvis, in midfield. Hooper to play the Hoolahan role and then either Lafferty or Mbokani up top with Grabban to come on with 20 mins remaining.

RuddWisdom           RyBen                Bassong             Olsson                   O''Neill                       MulumbuRedderz                                                                 Brady                    Hooper                                                Mbok

An ideal opportunity to test playing 2 strikers from the start.  If we are playing 2 strikers, you have to go with your 2 most natural finishers.  I would also probably sub Mbok on 60 minutes for Lafferty to see how he and Hooper link up.

Would the people on here who thinks Redmond is capable of playing any defensive role please kindly remove themselves from commenting on any football forum pages.

Clearly you don''t watch football at all

SSN saying Mbokani could miss out due to illness, and Mulumbu should make his full debut.

Can''t wait to see Mulumbu in action. From the little bits of him I saw in the summer he looks quite good technically and on the ball.

Probably the upgrade on Tettey we realistically need.

Lord Eddard Stark wrote:------------------------Rudd----------------------

--Whitaker----Martin-----Bassong---Olsson--

------------Dorrans--------Mulumbu------------

------Redmond-----Hoolahan--------Brady----

-----------------------Jerome---------------------

If AN hasn''t learnt by now that playing both Redmond and Hoolahan is a recipe for losing games irrespective of who else he selects then we and he are goners. Redmond''s defensive value is zero and there''s no point in playing Hoolahan for anything but his creativity in advanced positions. Apart from that, why wouldn''t he want another look at Wisdom and Bennett (who played in the last cup match), and why not take the opportunity to see how Jarvis performs on the right? Hence:-----------------------Rudd-----------------------

--Wisdom-----Bennett-----Bassong------Olsson--

------------Dorrans----------Mulumbu------------

----Jarvis-----------Hoolahan-----------Brady----

----------------------Jerome-----------------------

''''If AN hasn''t learnt by now that playing both Redmond and Hoolahan is a recipe for losing games irrespective of who else he selects then we and he are goners.''''

I disagree with this statement westcoast and I''m not really sure how you have conjured up such a rash conclusion. I fully expect us to continue lining up with these 2, especially against teams in and around us and I will frankly be shocked if we do not see them starting together again this season.

Here are the matches so far that Redmond and Hoolahan have actually started together:

- Sunderland away (won 3-1)

- Stoke home (drew 1-1 - deserved to win undoubtedly)

- Southampton away (lost 3-0 - down to 10 after 30 mins)

- Bournemouth home (won 3-1)

- West Brom home (lost 1-0)

So that''s 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses- 7 points from 5 games). They didn''t even start together in our 2 losses prior to the West Brom game, in which we only conceded 1 goal so I''m really struggling for a justification of your initial statement here!

Redmond didn''t start against Palace or West Ham but did manage to score what so nearly proved to be vital goals in both games: The wrongly disallowed Jerome goal against Palace and then the 90+3 minute equaliser for West Ham...

Another consideration is the availability of Mulumbu, him paired with Tettey would surely add more steel to counterbalance the lack-of from Redmond and Hoolahan?

Having said that I am not abject to Jarvis on the right and mixing it up a little for tonight''s game- I just think that in league games against similar opposition Redmond and Hoolahan have proved key players for us going forwards so far this season.

RuddWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson             Mulumbu Dorrans           Jarvis  Vadis    Brady                     Lafferty

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]                                       RuddWisdom           RyBen                Bassong             Olsson                   O''Neill                       MulumbuRedderz                                                                 Brady                    Hooper                                                Mbok

An ideal opportunity to test playing 2 strikers from the start.  If we are playing 2 strikers, you have to go with your 2 most natural finishers.  I would also probably sub Mbok on 60 minutes for Lafferty to see how he and Hooper link up.

[/quote]Well, there''s that idea down the swanny! [:@]

Wouldn''t we need to get permission from Sheffield Weds. for Hooper to play?

Sorry NBS.

Looks like an opening for Lafferty to start then.