Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Grabban/club PR

Absolutely steering clear of any rumours, I do think the club has been sorely lacking in anything on the PR front regarding the Grabban situation - indeed, on all the transfer dealings. Obviously the days of press conferences to show a signing have gone, but the club must be aware of a certain level of let''s call it "unrest" among some supporters, yet there''s been little come out of the club.

Sticking with Grabbs in particular, unless he''s loaned out to a Champs side, he will be with us until January at least (I suppose we could loan him and sign a Nolan type player). If we are to keep him, IMO work neds to be done to ''reintegrate'' him into the fold with supporters, the level of abuse he''s had from some quarters has been awful. He has always been a favourite of AN, and we don''t want him to be ''afraid'' to use him, but the atmosphere will be poor if he does as things stand.

Agree but I''m not sure there''s away back for him at Norwich - there is some real hatred out there and if he doesn''t bang in goals for fun (unlikely) then people will soon be on his back and the atmosphere at Carrow Rd will suffer and could impact on the rest of the team - best get rid ASAP for all concerned.

Something absolutely stinks at NCFC. What really is going on? I only hope when there is a presser that the journos don''t bottle it and ask the hard questions.

As for Grabban, the lad deserves all the abuse. I''d rather AN not reintegrate him at all!

None of us are in full possession of the facts so we should hesitate before passing judgement on this matter.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Absolutely steering clear of any rumours, I do think the club has been sorely lacking in anything on the PR front regarding the Grabban situation - indeed, on all the transfer dealings. Obviously the days of press conferences to show a signing have gone, but the club must be aware of a certain level of let''s call it "unrest" among some supporters, yet there''s been little come out of the club.

Sticking with Grabbs in particular, unless he''s loaned out to a Champs side, he will be with us until January at least (I suppose we could loan him and sign a Nolan type player). If we are to keep him, IMO work neds to be done to ''reintegrate'' him into the fold with supporters, the level of abuse he''s had from some quarters has been awful. He has always been a favourite of AN, and we don''t want him to be ''afraid'' to use him, but the atmosphere will be poor if he does as things stand.[/quote]BP, I have no idea what the rumours are, whether they show Grabban in a good or bad light, and whether they are purely football-related or to an extent, er, extra-curricular.But I think it is possible to over-estimate how widespread is any unrest among fans in general, as opposed among the voluble minority, and how permanent. A few energetic performances with the odd goal, assuming he stays, and the hatred will dissipate pretty quickly. As far as I know his only crime was to go AWOL for a cup-tie we won anyway!

Cast your minds back to the transfer window in January last year, a player called NCFC a ''sh1tty club'' and was accused on not celebrating when he scored a goal, the ''hatred'' to that player didn''t last long.

Everyone forgave and forgot when Hoolahan had his strop, if Grabban does it on the pitch I''m sure we''ll find it in our hearts to forgive him.

That''s precisely my point, Ricardo - but unless something is done, we effectively have a player that some/many want never to play for us again. Maybe there is no way back for him, and giving some sort of explanation may be tough (indeed may never happen) but Holt was certainly ''let off'' by many (and had been as bad in some ways).

[quote user="lharman7"]Something absolutely stinks at NCFC. What really is going on? I only hope when there is a presser that the journos don''t bottle it and ask the hard questions.

As for Grabban, the lad deserves all the abuse. I''d rather AN not reintegrate him at all![/quote]Obviously something major has happened but the slightest hint of anything untoward happening dissapears off this board in a flash. No statements or comments about anything from the Club for several days now whereas before they were releasing something everyday, Obviously investigative journalism is a dying art in Norwich.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Cast your minds back to the transfer window in January last year, a player called NCFC a ''sh1tty club'' and was accused on not celebrating when he scored a goal, the ''hatred'' to that player didn''t last long.

[/quote]Great minds[;)]

I''ve no particular bitterness or anger at the Grabban situation.

To be fair I don''t give a f uck what he does as long as he''s performing well and scoring goals for Norwich City.

I should have maybe said that my opinion is that footballers are only human; they ought to remember their professional responbilites but I guess it is difficult at times and we know nothing about the wider issues.

I''d be more than happy for him to carry on playing, the problem is that he did walk out and was suspended - something that doesn''t happen often, and which is where some PR is needed.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I should have maybe said that my opinion is that footballers are only human; they ought to remember their professional responbilites but I guess it is difficult at times and we know nothing about the wider issues.

I''d be more than happy for him to carry on playing, the problem is that he did walk out and was suspended - something that doesn''t happen often, and which is where some PR is needed.[/quote]Or perhaps the smokescreen of suspension was just that. A way of diffusing a situation that is none of the public''s business, and was dealt with internally.

After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?

[quote user=" Jim Hacker"]After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?[/quote]Why should the club bother to waste time commenting on a generally very successful transfer window, in which every outfield area of the squad, from defence through to striking, has been improved?

morty wrote the following post at 03/09/2015 11:45 AM:

Branston Pickle wrote:

I should have maybe said that my opinion is that footballers are only human; they ought to remember their professional responbilites but I guess it is difficult at times and we know nothing about the wider issues. I''d be more than happy for him to carry on playing, the problem is that he did walk out and was suspended - something that doesn''t happen often, and which is where some PR is needed.

"Or perhaps the smokescreen of suspension was just that. A way of diffusing a situation that is none of the public''s business, and was dealt with internally."

I''m coming round to this idea.

If there are parts outside of football, lets keep that private and move on as a club by offering support if required and if that is something we need to do.

Some private matters can rip up a club and that is the biggest picture, a number of players have left due to bad situations covered up by moving individuals on and others have been done privately.

I have no hatred, I do think what he did was inexcusable and it will take time for bridges to be built with players as much as the fans. But again if the club addresses this with the players then it can work. Temporarily.

But the key will be his performances, he has a tag of a being a less than convincing clinical finisher. I for one think it is warranted and that his confidence does drop significantly.

I do wonder if the 7 million bid from Bournemouth would have been a good move for all, as I do wonder where his head is long term.

We shall see. As I mention this may be a temporary state of mind however many private issues can result in long standing concerns.

If this is a sucessful transfer window, I would hate to see a bad one!

Grabban let the fans who went to Rotherham down badly he should have been on bench and almost certainly played second half. And from deleted tweets etc clearly feels badly treated and this will not easily be cleared up eg Bassong.

Brads has gone , player of season last year and thus major hand in promotion. yes having bad patch but what player doesnt.

Top goalscorers include defender says a lot yet we pay next to nothing for an unknown from abroad and we know how well that has turned out in past.

We had bids in for many many players where like with Hull the clubs were laughing at us and getting better bids from our rivals.

We have more loanees than actual true transfers and no real competition for central defence position.

We effectively spent only a few million on balance compare that to many of our rivals, even some Champs teams spent more.

Way things are going we will be richest team in Champs next year.

After Soton you would think AN would realise we need more strength in depth in defence if Bassong gets injured we will have no real backup when Bennett drafted in , Turner loaned again .

AN will either prove himself to be a miracle worker or by Xmas we will be in or around relegation spot again!

If theres any truth in the rumours whatsoever then team spirit will have left the building for this season and when that goes you get Sunday type performances .

The thing is, if we stay up and have a good season, known of these moaners will be here to praise or congratulate the Club. Insufferable know-it-alls whose sole purpose on this board is to continually bash the club they supposedly love. Permanent miserablists.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user=" Jim Hacker"]After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?[/quote]Why should the club bother to waste time commenting on a generally very successful transfer window, in which every outfield area of the squad, from defence through to striking, has been improved?[/quote]Excuse me while I wipe the tea off my computer screen.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Absolutely steering clear of any rumours, I do think the club has been sorely lacking in anything on the PR front regarding the Grabban situation - indeed, on all the transfer dealings. Obviously the days of press conferences to show a signing have gone, but the club must be aware of a certain level of let''s call it "unrest" among some supporters, yet there''s been little come out of the club.

Sticking with Grabbs in particular, unless he''s loaned out to a Champs side, he will be with us until January at least (I suppose we could loan him and sign a Nolan type player). If we are to keep him, IMO work neds to be done to ''reintegrate'' him into the fold with supporters, the level of abuse he''s had from some quarters has been awful. He has always been a favourite of AN, and we don''t want him to be ''afraid'' to use him, but the atmosphere will be poor if he does as things stand.[/quote]BP, I have no idea what the rumours are, whether they show Grabban in a good or bad light, and whether they are purely football-related or to an extent, er, extra-curricular.But I think it is possible to over-estimate how widespread is any unrest among fans in general, as opposed among the voluble minority, and how permanent. A few energetic performances with the odd goal, assuming he stays, and the hatred will dissipate pretty quickly. As far as I know his only crime was to go AWOL for a cup-tie we won anyway! [/quote]

"Only" !!! What world do you live in?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I should have maybe said that my opinion is that footballers are only human; they ought to remember their professional responbilites but I guess it is difficult at times and we know nothing about the wider issues.

I''d be more than happy for him to carry on playing, the problem is that he did walk out and was suspended - something that doesn''t happen often, and which is where some PR is needed.[/quote]Or perhaps the smokescreen of suspension was just that. A way of diffusing a situation that is none of the public''s business, and was dealt with internally.[/quote]Reading between the lines, this seems highly likely.

The current situtation can only be solved by NCFC PR to let the masses know and to shed some light prior to the next home game. ie. put Grabban back in song with the fans.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user=" Jim Hacker"]After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?[/quote]Why should the club bother to waste time commenting on a generally very successful transfer window, in which every outfield area of the squad, from defence through to striking, has been improved?[/quote]

"Generally very successful transfer window" ??? Now I know you''re taking the piss.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/13639445.AFC_Bournemouth__Grabban_deal_falls_through_at_11th_hour/

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, the plot thickens.