Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Grabban/club PR

[quote user="Dead Canary"]The club has already done the Grabban PR with the Manager saying he''s been a silly boy, it will be dealt with in house and he won''t be selling him to a rival. All very sensible and no more needs to be said. In regards to Johnson leaving again nothing needs to be said. If the Manager was happy to move him on then so be it. He served us well in his time here but we have seen him play in the premier league for three years and we know his limitations. He is never going to score the goals he did in the championship this year, he only scored 6 in the three seasons previous so hardly prolific.

As for the rumours this is classic smear stuff. The same happened to Morrison/ Tierney and it seems that people need some form of conspiracy when they don''t want to believe something has been done for footballing reasons.[/quote]Move along, nothing to see here.

If this Grabban story in the Bournmouth press is correct then in fact it does not explain the departure of Jonno. If the purpose of Jonno''s departure was to split up him and Grabbon the club were presumably expecting Grabban to go hence no reason in shipping out Jonno, The conclusion therefore IMO is that Jonno was shipped out for football reasons, a decision that I am still unable to understand.

Is it just standard procedure now to get to the premier league and then make up s4it about players wives?

Sick of these "fans"

Haven''t got 2 games seeing Norwich to rub together, spend their lives of fifa and chats s4it about our players.

Not interested in the private lives of players at all and if you are can I recommend hollyoaks perhaps instead of football?

Nuff said I don''t like the username either but obviously had nothing clever or witty to say when I set it up. Once I chose it I didn''t like the idea of changing it as wanted to ensure no ambiguity as to who I am.

So we give Johnson a contract up to 2018 , player of the season , been a starter or on the bench every game , captain against Rotherham and then out of the blue we sell him for footballing reasons , yeah right pull the other one . Johnson has gone back on Twitter today and is not following any Norwich players , seems strange if he left on good terms would''nt you say .

This quote from Alex Neil at the press conference when Grabban was discussed keeps going round in my mind:

"There will never be one player or any collection of players that have more power than I allow them to have."

[quote user="CanaryOne"]So we give Johnson a contract up to 2018 , player of the season , been a starter or on the bench every game , captain against Rotherham and then out of the blue we sell him for footballing reasons , yeah right pull the other one . Johnson has gone back on Twitter today and is not following any Norwich players , seems strange if he left on good terms would''nt you say .[/quote]If this was a straightforward transfer for football reasons only I will eat my season ticket.

Not following ex team mates on twitter! I really thought I had heard it all. I''m sure Bradley has got much more to deal with than making sure he has his mates sorted on twitter.

I would offer that it seemed rushed because the offer came out of the blue. At £6m McNally and Neil rightly had a conversation. They decided that it''s a very good deal for the club, there''s an extra 6m that the Manager can spend later in the season and they can get Jarvis in now. Plus in the process they moved on a player who is not a natural back up for the left side and way down the pecking order to play in the centre. Seems much more plausible than ''something must have happened because he''s gone and Grabban is still here'' which seems to be the gist of the board today.

[quote user="Dead Canary"]

I would offer that it seemed rushed because the offer came out of the blue. [/quote]So Derby just rang up & said we''ll give you £6m for BJ - I don''t think so.Given his standing at NCFC I very much doubt if they would have done that "out of the blue", or just on the off chance, without NCFC having put the word out first that BJ was available.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Dead Canary"]

I would offer that it seemed rushed because the offer came out of the blue. [/quote]So Derby just rang up & said we''ll give you £6m for BJ - I don''t think so.Given his standing at NCFC I very much doubt if they would have done that "out of the blue", or just on the off chance, without NCFC having put the word out first that BJ was available.[/quote]I doubt it as well. Only Norwich get players at the last minute when all else fails.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user=" Jim Hacker"]After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?[/quote]Why should the club bother to waste time commenting on a generally very successful transfer window, in which every outfield area of the squad, from defence through to striking, has been improved?[/quote]

Excuse me while I wipe the tea off my computer screen.[/quote]

I have to second Ricardo''s opinion

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user=" Jim Hacker"]After the massive fan reaction after the window closed I am amazed that the club haven''t commented.

Would like to know if archant have asked the club for clarity of what happens on the day or will they wait until the next scheduled press conference?[/quote]Why should the club bother to waste time commenting on a generally very successful transfer window, in which every outfield area of the squad, from defence through to striking, has been improved?[/quote]

Excuse me while I wipe the tea off my computer screen.[/quote]

I have to second Ricardo''s opinion

[quote user="Vanwink"]If this Grabban story in the Bournmouth press is correct then in fact it does not explain the departure of Jonno. If the purpose of Jonno''s departure was to split up him and Grabbon the club were presumably expecting Grabban to go hence no reason in shipping out Jonno, The conclusion therefore IMO is that Jonno was shipped out for football reasons, a decision that I am still unable to understand.[/quote]

Or IF the rumours are to be believed you might decide to ship out both parties to keep everybody else happy. IF the rumours are true then I think we should support Grabban. Trust in our manager to sort this situation out.