Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

And they fall like dominoes...

Advocaat gone and Rodgers sacked.

Mourinho teetering, as is Mclaren and you have to say probably Sherwood as well.

It''s going to be a bloodbath this season I feel!!!

There''s good money in being sacked, don''t knock it.  Contract paid up, and not long until another gig turns up.  Rodgers will be a PL manager again.
I am surprised at how he was unable to progress Liverpool, Suarez is a hell of a player to cover up that many inadequacies - and some of Rodgers''s signings have been crazy. Their whole team just doesn''t work as a team - something we should be grateful that we have got right.  Every team should be more than the sum of its parts, however expensive each individual part may be.
Sherwood was a dreadful appointment.
McLaren is the one I am surprised about because he has a decent record as a club manager, but Newcastle is a basket case anyway.  As is Sunderland, to be fair.

I felt for Paul Lambert today on MotD2 when Henry Winter & Alan Shearer were discussing possible replacements at Sunderland and mentioned Allardyce, Dyche & Pearson but not Lambert himself.

I''d be concerned if Sunderland appoint Allardyce as that will probably take them out of the bottom 3 (at least by the end of the season).

I am not so sure if it is a simple matter of changing manager at Sunderland. The whole player culture stinks. Maybe it will need a relegation and a complete clear out to get things going again. Much as with Newcastle. Too often clubs have a smell of failure about them, as with Villa and they eventually fall through the trap. Oddly enough Stoke were being held up as a model for us to follow.

Lennon must be in with a shout of one of these. Apparently what he''s doing at Bolton is more successful than getting a club like Norwich promoted......

Advocaat indicated he was going last week and Rodgers going won''t affect us really, as for the others, they may well not get the desired effect from a manager change.

Allerdyce would be a perfect fit for Sunderland, praying it doesn''t happen. He''s the stability they need right now.

With Sunderland and possibly some of the others I suspect they''re getting rid now so that they couldhave time to fire the replacement and get someone else in before the end of the season if necessary.

With the rewards of staying in the Prem, the pressure on struggling clubs to sack the manager is now almost unstoppable.

Three ''giants'' have had poor starts to the season and the probability is that all three, Villa and Newcastle as well well, end the season with a different manager from the one that they started with.

Let''s hope that the other two will leave it too late, Newcastle might due to McClaren''s perceived stature in the game, but Randy would not relish having a Championship club to sell so might act quickly.

The relevance of all this to Norwich City is a bit blurred at the moment. Needless to say, I was a bit more optimistic of our prospects before the week-end than after it, but I still feel that it is too early and not relevant for any City fan to over-concern themselves with relegation matters even though that has been our lot for most of our time at the top table since Worthington first acquired a ticket.

With the three mentioned, one will probably make an appointment which comes off, although all of them clearly could as there is a lot of time.

I wouldn''t want Fat Sam at Carrow Road but nevertheless feel that he has the know-how to effect a Sunderland renaissance of sorts. They would immediately go into safe-mode and scrape points.

Perhaps the blot on Lambert''s copy book that was his Villa Park episode is too big for him to be considered for a job in the North-East just now. He really needs a revival at Championship level and I note that a few binners are favouring him now that McCarthy''s distinct taste, that has worked uptil now is losing it''s flavour.

Now that would be a very, very interesting outcome and would surely scupper the beliefs of the PL disciples who remain amongst us. I also fear that Lambert would do a job there, something about the East Anglian air making it his happy hunting ground..

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Wonder who Chelski will go for when Jose gets the tin tack ? can see it before xmas..............[/quote]

Maybe they''ll race Liverpool for Klopp - stranger things have happened!

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Wonder who Chelski will go for when Jose gets the tin tack ? can see it before xmas..............[/quote]

Maybe they''ll race Liverpool for Klopp - stranger things have happened!

[/quote]

I would think chelsea would make a move for Anceloti. Maybe pep if they''re feeling ambitious

[quote user=" Jim Hacker"]The great thing is that if Neil doesn''t work out we have Lambert waiting in the wings[/quote]
Only in your f**ked up reality.

[quote user=" Jim Hacker"]The great thing is that if Neil doesn''t work out we have Lambert waiting in the wings[/quote]Not happening whilst Bowkett and McNally still call the shots Waveney.

Sunderland have approached Pearson. I for one hope they take him, then we can have journalists being called Ostriches again and Sunderland will finally go down..

Yup. That''ll be them relegated. Just like Leicester last season.

If Hoots manages in the prem again they''ll be a few people searching old posts to see how much they bet he never would....