Sign in to follow this  
breadman

IT'S JARVIS

I like him. Can play on both sides and is a far better player than he looked at West Ham, Allardyce really misused him.
Also remember us being linked with him last year in the loan window. Seems to me he was more of a long term target then some are making out. If this is the case, perhaps Johnson left because he knew that he wouldn''t be able to get into the team either on the left-wing or in the centre of midfield...

May have missed something here, but wisdom and mbokani on loan, and now Jarvis thought it was only two?

We are never going to push on are we.... Saints, Wet Spam, Swansea, Leicester and Palace for christ sake have all surpassed us in quality, while we stagnate and constantly hope to survive in 17th on the cheap, or forever be a yo yo club. If we go down, we may fail to come back next time. Even WBA got fed up with yo-yoing.

If we can''t compete with other teams as has been said then why do we feel we ''deserve'' to be a Prem team? I''ll be shocked if we aren''t in the bottom 3 by xmas. Sorry to be negative, but thats the mood the club has given out today, no positive vibes whatsoever.

[quote user="Aveit"]May have missed something here, but wisdom and mbokani on loan, and now Jarvis thought it was only two?[/quote]
Two from other Premier League clubs. Foreign loans are a different story.

[quote user="Aveit"]May have missed something here, but wisdom and mbokani on loan, and now Jarvis thought it was only two?[/quote]Mbokani doesn''t count in the limit due to being an overseas transfer.

[quote user="Aveit"]May have missed something here, but wisdom and mbokani on loan, and now Jarvis thought it was only two?[/quote]There''s something about European ones not counting the same. I think it''s almost treated like a mini-transfer.

'' Slaven Bilic finally managed to offload the unwanted wide man following brief negotiations with the Canaries minutes before the transfer window closed earlier this evening.''

That just makes for shocking reading.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''d have preferred Ryan or Rossi[/quote]

I remember Rossi. He was the bloke Worthy should have played instead of buying Etuhu wasn''t he....

Jarvis has been linked with us a while. Last time I saw him play, at Wolves a few years ago, I thought he was a decent player. Think he''s had some problems since but someone at the club seems to rate him still so I wish him well.

We''ve only got him because West Ham have bought everyone today.

What''s Jarvis going to do. He''s not going to get in front of Brady so another on loan player to sit on the bench

We have enough in central midfield with Mulumbu yet to come back too. Jarvis can play on either flank and provides much needed competition down the left

Hammers fan here, thought you might want the low-down on Jarvis. PositivesHe works his arse off, and has no problem getting up and down the wing. Because of his energy he is useful in a defensive capacity as well as an attacking one. He is also good at getting his cross in and getting in dangerous positions down the flank. He isn''t slow but I wouldn''t describe him as speedy either. NegativesHe can''t really go past his man, and doesn''t really have much skill. Also, despite often getting into good positions, he lacks the confidence to shoot, even though he has a decent enough shot when he does have a go. I''d say that in general a lack of self-belief and desire to take risks have limited him.

Overall, I reckon he''s a decent player who could do well at your place, and would still have a role to play in our squad if we hadn''t signed two wingers yesterday, and add onto that the fact that Bilic usually plays narrow anyway. Even if he is mostly on the bench he is a good player to bring on. Some West Ham fans don''t like him but that''s as much to do with the price we paid for him IMO and the perceived lack of return on that price, but he always gives his all and personally I reckon at the right club he would thrive.Good luck this season.