Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hooper goal

Stunning goal, hopefully he capataises on Grabbans stupidity in the play offs

Such a mystery to me that guy. Look quality as often as he looks L2 standard. Can be completely anonymous or instrumental in everything we do. Can miss open goals and hit strikes like that.

Everyone outside the club has no idea why he doesn''t start for us and it''s because he''s so damn inconsistent and it''s like playing with 10 men when he''s not in the mood. He''s such a frustrating player!

Brilliant goal and brilliant celebrations. I began at Row L and somehow ended up at the front with the players, can''t remember euphoria like that since Derby at home. Just gutting we couldn''t hold on.

Great goal but otherwise did not make much of a contribution. Seemed to be lacking in energy. He is simply not a lone striker and does not have the height to win much in the air. We were under a lot of pressure because Hooper was never able to gain any possession of the ball, and even when Jerome came he did not take the role of central striker. Rather surprisingly !! Overall a disappointing performance and Rotherham did miss at least a couple of other sitters.

Weird video, but if you skip to 40 mins 20 on this there''s Hooper''s goal from the home end, right next to our lot. Good times, slightly bittersweet however...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n2v6HrbWRno

Hooper can link well with Hoolahan or play off Jerome. On his own he can''t win a header or burn defenders for pace. Thought he worked hard yesterday, but if you need a finish, you would want the chance to fall to him.

Really rate Hooper, can''t quite understand why he doesn''t start more often, would hate to lose him end of season regardless of which league we are in.

I''d rather lose him than Jerome or Grabban.

I think he''s harder to accommodate in the team than the other two.

[quote user="GJP"]I''d rather lose him than Jerome or Grabban.

I think he''s harder to accommodate in the team than the other two.[/quote]

Hate this obsession with "hard to accommodate"

He''s quality and proved his worth. I don''t want to lose him. He can score 30 goals in this league, which will come in handy next season.

He''s not that good. He''s not bad. But he''s not great.

30 goals? You''re absolutely kidding yourself.

[quote user="GJP"]He''s not that good. He''s not bad. But he''s not great.

30 goals? You''re absolutely kidding yourself.[/quote]

We''ll see.

Hooper has managed double figures without a real run in the team.

Your naive if you think it''s not possible. Look at the variety of goals he scores. He''s a natural goal scorer.

I don''t think it''s impossible. I think it''s very unlikely.

His best tally of league goals is 24. He got that in League 1 and the SPL. His best in the Champs is 19.

I''m not saying he''s not a decent player and he is, generally, a good finisher. But he''s just not that great. Like Jerome isn''t and neither is Grabban. 30 goals at this level for any of those strikers would be a freak.

was a great strike and his mins per goal is exceptional. However all bar one are against lower league teams

The reasons why he has so few minutes and remains the most consistently dropped player by 3 managers in the last 2 seasons.

A fantastic option to have from the subs bench, but shown his inadequacies for the team when a regular starter

I would rather lose both Jerome and Grabban rather than Hooper , Jerome has gone right of the boil and never did cut it in the top flight as for Grabban not convinced he is even a good Championship striker and would be way out of his depth in the top flight .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]I would rather lose both Jerome and Grabban rather than Hooper , Jerome has gone right of the boil and never did cut it in the top flight as for Grabban not convinced he is even a good Championship striker and would be way out of his depth in the top flight .[/quote]

You know that Hooper and Grabban have the same amount of goals in 4 less games, and Grabban has only 6 more starts right? (really 5) Also you know that Hooper only scored 3 goals from play in 32 games including 24 starts in the PL right? that sure is "cutting it" I agree... You also are aware that 3 of Hooper''s goals this year were from PK HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH. right? Whereas Grabban only had 1 from a PK HE HAD EARNED. Hooper''s proved for 2 years he''s WELL over his head and should be at best a Conference Regional spot starter for a bottom 8 team...

Player A goals:

1 Brighton (bottom 3 at time

1 Reading (mid table at time)

1 Cardiff (18th at time

1 Bournemouth (top 5 at time)

2 Millwall (bottom 2 at time)

3 Blackpool (bottom)

1 Millwall (bottom 3)

1 Bolton (bottom 6 at time)

1 Rotherham (bottom 4 at time)

Player B

1. Watford (down a man, early season)

2. Blackburn (early season)

1. Ipswich (early season)

1. Bournemouth (early season)

1. Blackpool (bottom 3 at time)

1. Huddersfield (mid table at time)

1. Charlton (mid table at time)

1. Wolves (Top half at time)

2. Watford (top 6 at time)

1. Ipswich (top 8 at time)

Which one impresses you more (I didn''t even note the pks...)