Sign in to follow this  
coops

John Ruddy

Apologies if it has already been said but Ruddy was awful today and had one of his worst games in a Norwich shirt. Doesn''t command his 6 yard box, can''t kick, doesn''t come for crosses, if he ever does looks very dodgy flapping at the ball and hesitates and is too slow and hesitant when coming out to close a player down. The guy is 6'' 3 + and built like an oak tree. He has zero confidence at the moment and should have a real presence at the back but is making the defenders ahead of him nervous. His form is poor this season and he needs dropping. Basically needs a kick up the arse and a reality check.

Not quite that bad but 2nd goal down to him - the defence screaming at him to come & claim ball but froze & they scored

1st half looked dodgy on some of the corners and on 1 missed his punch completely

Adams no fool be interesting to see what he does over coming weeks

[quote user="Newton"]Not quite that bad but 2nd goal down to him - the defence screaming at him to come & claim ball but froze & they scored

1st half looked dodgy on some of the corners and on 1 missed his punch completely

Adams no fool be interesting to see what he does over coming weeks
[/quote]Missing him already?

"He has personal issues, give him a break."

I take it from this comment that you know what those personal issues are. Which begs the question, why do you think he deserves a break?

Sod him. If his personal issues are affecting his performance on the pitch he shouldn''t be on the pitch.

And he does not deserve any sympathy.

Herman true to form

No view no comment of value just idiotic statement

Where would this board be without fools like you & TIL ?

[quote user="canarydan23"]"He has personal issues, give him a break."

I take it from this comment that you know what those personal issues are. Which begs the question, why do you think he deserves a break?

Sod him. If his personal issues are affecting his performance on the pitch he shouldn''t be on the pitch.

And he does not deserve any sympathy.[/quote]

He is a young lad and what happens outside ncfc is none or our concern. He has down incredible loyalty to us ironically and so we should show patience. Ruddy is way down the list of players I am concerned about anyway. Not saying he is right to do what he allegedly did but hopefully he will come out of it stronger and move on.

I''m not sure about incredible loyalty. His twitter tantrum wasn''t exactly the act of a player blindly loyal to a frustrated fanbase (whose loyalty costs a fortune, as opposed to Ruddy whose loyalty earns him a fortune).

What he gets up to off the pitch is off no concern unless it translates to poor performances of the pitch. And today he looked like a man with his mind elsewhere. Neil needs to keep an eye on him and drop him if it is going to continue.

I appreciate that you were not saying he was right to do what he allegedly did, but you did say "give him a break".

He doesn''t deserve one. At all. I''m within a few months of being the same age as Ruddy and our respective kids are of a similar age. He disgusts me.

I agree that as a player who has shown loyalty when he otherwise could''ve jumped ship, as a club we should support him. However, that support cannot stretch to the detriment of the team on the pitch so perhaps a rest could be to everyone''s benefit?

What is he alleged to have done anyway?

Seems like ruddy has pi55ed off a few people

Guess that''s what winning a game for Norwich while saving a penalty does

Some of you are pathetic I swear

Ruddy has done well for Norwich but Norwich City has been much better to him.

If he fancies a move and another Club wants him I would wish him all the best and goodbye.

As a senior player JR should be a commanding presence, but he isn''t. He should dominate his box and his defence....but he doesn''t.

There are any number of goalkeepers out there warming benches who would love a crack at being our No.1. It is a position which seldom commands big fees and a career often based upon dead men''s shoes.

A goalkeeper is the custodian. He has to be a massive character and not just a massive build.

It''s just all bollox its up there with Tierney and Morison

Some fans like to make themselves feel big by making stuff up about players. It''s proper sad.

In my heart of hearts John Ruddy - as much as he is loved - he is not the same john ruddy from our last championship season and 1st season in the premiership. Can''t put my finger on it but he is not the same commanding figure he used to be.

Maybe it''s the team (specifically defending capabilities) that have a knock-on impact on his performance, but whatever the reason he does not seem the same guy who brought offers (real or rumoured) from the likes of Chelsea and arsenal a while back.

I truly hope the new manager can inspire him back to his best.

I heard last season from a source at Colney that he has off field troubles, as far as I''m aware these are not because of something he''s done or someone else has done, but I''m afraid I can''t say anymore than that and wouldn''t have mentioned but others have brought it up.

At least I guess it''s the same issue though I''m not on twitter.

Either way it has affected his performance levels I think, but God knows how he will overcome it, he certainly needs our support.

Whatever it is, I hope it sorts itself out for John in a positive way soon. He comes across as a very decent and thoughtful bloke - which is more than can be said for 1 or 2 (I''m hoping Binners) on this thread.

Just because someone criticises Saint John doesn''t make them a binner

He is a shadow of the player he was I hope he does have some personal issues at the moment as they are usually temporary factors effecting form and he can get back to the keeper who was challenging for an England place

I think we should sell him if we get a good offer. It''s more likely than not that we won''t get promoted so we ought to spend the proceeds on our midfield for next season. We''ll need to do this anyway at some point and can''t keep putting it off.It''s not like we''re selling a player in form as we''re challenging for the top two, as we''re 7 points off with Ruddy a pale shadow of his pre-injury self. It''s about improving the squad in our given situation.

[quote user="Poceni Kanarski"]It''s about improving the squad in our given situation.[/quote]We will not improve the squad by selling John Ruddy

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Poceni Kanarski"]It''s about improving the squad in our given situation.[/quote]We will not improve the squad by selling John Ruddy[/quote]It depends upon what we could get for him. In this window prices are often very inflated, so if someone bid say £8m then I''d snap their hand off.

A combination of (rumoured to be family) off field issues and a constantly changing back four is not a good combination for any keeper looking for consistently strong performances.

Overall his saves, incl the pen, yest helped secure a vital win.

Changing him now is not yet required