Sign in to follow this  
daz

Dorrans loan news.....

on twitter..

Michael Bailey ‏@michaeljbailey · 11 mins11 minutes ago  Thorpe Saint Andrew, England

Dorrans loan move in place? I bet it is. But it could only be 93 days max. That''d mean he''d miss the play-offs. So you''d wait, wouldn''t you?

Tbh worked out well as we have kept a quality left back in olsson and still getting dorrans, I am sure we will delay by a week to have for playoff final

If it''s a loan move, it will be benefit Olsson as there won''t be any need for a ''relegation clause'' that apparently scuppered the deal.

The loan window is open from next week (the 7th) up to near the end of March, loans can be up to a maximum of 93 days - so a loaned player on the first day would be able to play the last game (2 May) but presumably not the play offs (the loan would end while the window is shut). I guess we have a choice to make re: the date of any loan starting - if we think we might need later in May we might leave it a week or two.

Auto correct please f*ck off. If I wanted a perm I would''ve told my hairdresser. *prem -

wtf is a perm club anyway? Keegan, Souness and steve bruce in the 80''s maybe?

I have just been told by my good lady that we can only get emergency loans now, I don''t like to disagree but she is wrong isn''t she?

get the loans in ASAP we have to get to the play offs first ! we can not wait and maybe lose points get to the play offs then worry !

danielsroundabout wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 8:01 PM:

Having to play Whitts in midfield must surely class as an emergency.

Good point.

Basically there are two forms of loan, standard and emergency.

Derby did standard loans but the deadline for them was last night. These can be a season long, there isn''t restriction on these.

Outside the window, there is a loan window for emergency deals. This is where the 93 day maximum rule is.

If we wanted Dorrans for the potential playoff final, we''d have to wait until 21st Feb for it to start. I don''t know if he''d be allowed to train with us that week but that would basically mean he''s be here for the Watford game, just but he''d miss the Wolves game (or the other way round, cant remember which is first!). I couldn''t see him being ready to start if Feb 21st was the first day he was allowed.

If it was an option, i''d try hold out until 21st. We have Howson, Johnson, Andreu, Tettey and Wes who can all cover there and I''d imagine Vadis is nearly fit as well unless yet another setback!

I wouldn''t be too disheartened if we just wanted to get the deal done though and we chanced it with the playoffs thing.

It''s an interesting one to ponder - with no right or wrong answer (clearly whichever we do will be the wrong option for some of us); I''d probably err on getting him in now, of course it would be annoying for him to then be a huge hit and us miss him in potential play-off games, but we equally want to give ourselves as big an opportunity as possible to actually reach those games.

danielsroundabout wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 8:01 PM:

Having to play Whitts in midfield must surely class as an emergency.

Daniels play McGrandles everyone on here raves about him (not me only L2 standard from what I''ve seen) but give him a go

Holt recommends him I;ve heard

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

I wouldn''t be too disheartened if we just wanted to get the deal done though and we chanced it with the playoffs thing.[/quote]Quite. There are one or two folk on this thread who are displaying sign of trying to run before they can walk.Let''s just get to the playoffs first before we start worrying about who is eligible to play in them.If we can get Dorrans in next week, then it''d be all to the good and generally strengthen our squad.

Thanks for that explanation Jimmy Smith, I can''t quite get my head round the "emergency" thing, is this clearly defined or is it just loose terminology that can be applied to virtually any circumstancs.

On the face of it we have cover in mid field so it''s hardly an emergency in my view( even though Whitts played there last week, that being the managers choice)

I had thought it was the sort of thing that would apply if you had injuries to a keeper with little back up cover for example?

Maybe so westcoastcanary but he''s certainly surplus to requirements now at WBA with them getting Fletcher in and he can''t go to a premier league team.

Suspect it will have alerted other clubs though that he is not wanted so I''m sure others will be circling.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Thanks for that explanation Jimmy Smith, I can''t quite get my head round the "emergency" thing, is this clearly defined or is it just loose terminology that can be applied to virtually any circumstancs.

On the face of it we have cover in mid field so it''s hardly an emergency in my view( even though Whitts played there last week, that being the managers choice)

I had thought it was the sort of thing that would apply if you had injuries to a keeper with little back up cover for example?[/quote]I''ve always assumed, Jenks that, as all moves (inc loans) have to be sanctioned and registered by the football authorities (FA/FL etc), that it would be they who ultimately decide what constitutes an ''emergency''. And then give the green light (or otherwise).Or have I got that wrong ?

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Maybe so westcoastcanary but he''s certainly surplus to requirements now at WBA with them getting Fletcher in and he can''t go to a premier league team.

Suspect it will have alerted other clubs though that he is not wanted so I''m sure others will be circling.[/quote]Dorrans being omitted from WBA''s official 25-man PL squad would confirm his being "surplus to requirements". Alternatively he may have been made available in the window purely because they needed to free up a squad place for an incoming left back. Has anyone seen the squad list? I doubt if John Cross had when he wrote his piece.

All moves are registered with the league and unless another rule stops it (eg Jarvis to QPR as they already had a west ham loanee when they are only allowed one from another prem team) its simply a rubber stamping effort.  

"Emergency" is the misnomer - it just a term describing a loan taking place outside the normal transfer window and has a limit of 93 days.

Our form needs a turn around right now - and his injection of class in midfield can hopefully help us pass faster and more incisively.     As such I would get him in to try and hasten a move up the league - and hope vadis et al regain confidence should we make the play offs

one would argue we need Dorrans to get us over the line and Into the playoffs...

do we gamble now to not have him later?