Sign in to follow this  
#

How many games will you give Adams.................

To convince you he''s the man for the job.

Keep in mind he has no wins yet!

Its 10 games from me.

For me Wiz, 10 games is a reasonable measure, but I would like to see where we are come November which I think will be 15 or so games, that way it will give fresh impetus for a new guy to have an effect in the busy xmas period and also have the Jan transfer market to wheel and deal.

Also, though, I would like to judge on how the team is playing. I remember Worthy''s team really did not get in their stride until November/December time, so as long as the attacking intent is there and we look like we could, with a bit of luck start a run, then I would like to give him as long a chance as possible.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]No One Cares What You Think Wiz Sorrrryyyy[/quote]

Obviously a select few do Reading.

He 46 games in my book.  We could struggle for most of the season and yet still have a run of games towards the end of the season that would put us in the play offs or better.     Give him the whole season ffs.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]What do you want from those 10 games Wiz?[/quote]

To be in the top six Waz.

[quote user="Wiz"]

To convince you he''s the man for the job.

Keep in mind he has no wins yet!

Its 10 games from me.

[/quote]

I imagine you''ll give him 10, then 40, then 5, then 3 seasons, then 1 hour, then a lifetime contract, then call for his head.

Then rinse and repeat for the next manager.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

For me Wiz, 10 games is a reasonable measure, but I would like to see where we are come November which I think will be 15 or so games, that way it will give fresh impetus for a new guy to have an effect in the busy xmas period and also have the Jan transfer market to wheel and deal.

Also, though, I would like to judge on how the team is playing. I remember Worthy''s team really did not get in their stride until November/December time, so as long as the attacking intent is there and we look like we could, with a bit of luck start a run, then I would like to give him as long a chance as possible.

[/quote]

Good points Willo, I don''t agree but good points.[Y]

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Haven''t we had this exact same thread before? And, no, I can''t be @rsed to search for it.
[/quote]

No opinion then?[:|]

10-15 then out the door if we''re not at least VERY close to the top 6.

Giving him 46 games and finishing midtable would be waste of the best chance we have at getting back up.

[quote user="im spartacus"]46 then an improved contract after promotion
[/quote]

I like that.........Huzzah! [Y]

I thonk it has to depend doesnt it? He is tasked with the job of changing our entire philosophy. That could take a while. I thonk if we are in mid table but can see an improvement in style and passion from last season then surely he will deserve to be kept on to see where that goes. Liverpool didnt get rid of Rogers when they were in mid table the season before last. The recovery from the negativity which has enveloped the club at every level may take a while to shift, it may take more than 10 games for the players to start really believing in their ability again.

I''d normally give a manager 15 games to prove himself (by either performances, but mostly results), yet Adams isn''t a manager (yet) so he needs to hit the ground running, especially considering the mistakes he made in the games he took over in last season, he can''t afford those kind of decisions going into these hard competitive games where we are top dog. We have the best team and squad at the moment in the league, there''s no excuses for the board to keep him longer than 15 games if we''re not in the top 5.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''d normally give a manager 15 games to prove himself (by either performances, but mostly results), yet Adams isn''t a manager (yet) so he needs to hit the ground running, especially considering the mistakes he made in the games he took over in last season, he can''t afford those kind of decisions going into these hard competitive games where we are top dog. We have the best team and squad at the moment in the league, there''s no excuses for the board to keep him longer than 15 games if we''re not in the top 5.[/quote]

Totally agree. [Y]

[quote user="splutcho"]10-15 then out the door if we''re not at least VERY close to the top 6.

Giving him 46 games and finishing midtable would be waste of the best chance we have at getting back up.[/quote]This. I''m all for changing our philosophy after two years of Hughton dross, but Adams isn''t the only attack-minded manager on the market. If we''re not within touching distance of the play-offs at any point after October, we should roll the dice. I''m confident that won''t happen, though – I think we''ll be in the top six all season once the dust settles.

If we lose the first game 7 - 1, then one game !

Otherwise, until December, to get a new manager in to operate in the January transfer window. Decision to be based on league position - must be top 6 at that stage.

Don''t know whether to laugh or cry when seeing people saying they''ll only give the manager 10 or 15 games. His worth will only be shown over a whole season. We could be 12th or 15th in the table by Feb and still put a run together to take us into the top six or higher. If you want instant success, you risk throwing the baby out with the bath water......

[quote user="lake district canary"]Don''t know whether to laugh or cry when seeing people saying they''ll only give the manager 10 or 15 games. His worth will only be shown over a whole season. We could be 12th or 15th in the table by Feb and still put a run together to take us into the top six or higher. If you want instant success, you risk throwing the baby out with the bath water......[/quote]We will clearly have one of the strongest squads in the Championship next year. If we''re not in the top six with the players at our disposal, the manager is underachieving. If we want to continue the upward momentum we''ve seen since McNally joined, we simply must get back up next season – failure is not an option!I am confident that we will be a good footballing side from the outset next season and will be in a strong position throughout, so no need to worry... [;)]

This is a pointless question until we know what the squad for next year will be. Some players will leave, others will be brought in and until that happens, the strength of the squad is relative. New players will have to gel and that may take time.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 17/06/2014 12:27 PM:

Don''t know whether to laugh or cry when seeing people saying they''ll only give the manager 10 or 15 games. His worth will only be shown over a whole season. We could be 12th or 15th in the table by Feb and still put a run together to take us into the top six or higher. If you want instant success, you risk throwing the baby out with the bath water......

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If this team is 12th by February something would be very wrong. I don''t think its realistically possible for this team to be any lower than 6th by that time, something would have to be very wrong. Why would you let such an important season bypass us when there are proper managers out there? 6th place isn''t good enough, we do need instant success otherwise if we leave it for more than a couple of seasons, we''re fUcked.

This will be a transition season again, so it may take time for us to get to the level we want. This happened with Lambert, Sunderland once were struggling at the start of the season then won the division (though this may have been after a managerial change cant remember). I think you have to give him the whole season before crying havoc. The reality is that right up until the final weeks of the season most mid table teams still have faint hopes of the play-offs. Thats why, no matter how much I do feel it is unfair, I will support the play-off system - it keeps the division alive right up until the end, and instills a cup style drama every season that is missed in the Premier League. We''d have to be doing pretty badly to be out of contention for the play-offs at any stage of the season. So whilst its still a possibility, give Neil and the team the support they need

[quote user="Wiz"]How many games will you give Adams..Its 10 games from me. [/quote]What happens then, will you boycott Radio Norfolk? [:^)]