Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Players in/out

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Have you read your own posts Dicky? Talk about hypocrisy...[/quote]

Why are you obsessed with my posts? Please just go away.

[quote user="Viva Marc Libbra"]Some people are so precious. If Joe Royle volunteered information to some bloke he met in Magluf I''m sure he didn''t expect him to sign the Official Secrets Act.

It''s probably one of the most interesting threads recently so get off the OPs back ffs.[/quote]

Thanks mate. Just sharing what I heard.

I thought this was a fans message board, where fans can post what they like, facts or rumours.Its up to others how or whether they respond, but it amazes me some come on here and say you can''t post things, when its a fan view of things about NCFC.Might as well take this message board off line thenBut I agree with Dubai. Transfer business is exactly that. Its the business of NCFC, a very competitive and sensitive area, trying to secure signings ahead of other clubs. A director with any business sense woulsn''t and shouldn''t just start talking about the prospects with a fan (no disrespect to the fan)

Bloody heck some people aren''t half overreacting are they?

All I meant was why go blurting out sensitive transfer information. I once got a snippet and didn''t go posting it at all, let alone naming the person who gave me it.

What if this is all genuine transfer info? It isn''t just idle rumours, then what? Think McNally and the rest will be happy it''s been made public by Royal? Has no one noticed how transfer dealings have generally been pretty quite under McNally until the deal is all but done? With the odd genuine dead end also being reported?

So swarm, why say what you said first then agree with Dubai? Because that''s exactly what I meant.

And Dicky get over yourself.

Dicky wrote the following post at 17/06/2014 8:18 PM:

"It''s a bit weird how you know all of that stuff."

Literally two minutes to find out, without trying too hard.

Dicky - just a quick question, as that always been your forum name or have you changed it? If so was it before.Also, don''t jump on people for being a bit ''yeah yeah, seen it, heard it, didn''t buy it the last time'' when over the years there have been plenty of people who talk about having spoken to someone at the club and got special info.This is no slight on you, but perhaps the wrath of idiocy that has been about before.Ruddy won''t be going anywhere unless it is to be number 1. The Arsenal link suggestion is a possibility but they are being linked with everyone in that department. Pepe Reiner is the latest for example. I also wonder why, that if that deal is a dead cert, it hasn''t happened already. Ruddy isn''t at the world cup. We have two other keepers on the books in Bunn and Rudd . . . . .If we are in for Rhodes, I also wonder if it is waiting for outgoing moves to be completed?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Dicky wrote the following post at 17/06/2014 8:18 PM: "It''s a bit weird how you know all of that stuff." Literally two minutes to find out, without trying too hard.[/quote]

bet you rang him!

either way... I can imagine dickys conversation in shagaluf "Hello, I''m Dicky and I''m a Norwich fan"

Royle: "Nice to meet you.... let met tell you all of the clubs plans for the next 3 months"

after conversation

Dicky.. "thanks.. but I''m not a Norwich fan, i actually work for Fulham.. thanks for all the information to go back to Craven Cottage with"

is Joe royle an idiot? I doubt it.... is Dicky living in fantasy land? possibly.

Assuming for one moment that the info is all true (no reason to doubt the OP) then I''m not sure how I would feel about all that. Ruddy and Snod would probably be the two i''d be keenest to keep. that said if Arsenal want him and stump up the cash could not begrudge Ruddy that move.

Snoddy is tweeting away today about our fixtures next season and how its a shame we are playing Leeds on a Tuesday night so does not (yet) sound like someone who sees himself as Hull bound.

I would also be very surprised if Fer is still about and not sure how that will play out. On the one hand he would have the potential to be the best player in the division by quite some distance if his head is in the right place but on the other hand I can;t see him fancying it at all and would worry that we might have a very expensive unhappy player on our hands.

Rhodes in for RVW would be a good move.

I cannot see Rhodes and Hooper working , both in the box poachers who do very little else . If Rhodes were to come in  (and i dont see us paying even half of what Blackburn would want for him ) then surely it would be Hooper or more likely Hooper and RVW that are off .

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Dicky wrote the following post at 17/06/2014 8:18 PM: "It''s a bit weird how you know all of that stuff." Literally two minutes to find out, without trying too hard.[/quote]

bet you rang him!

either way... I can imagine dickys conversation in shagaluf "Hello, I''m Dicky and I''m a Norwich fan"

Royle: "Nice to meet you.... let met tell you all of the clubs plans for the next 3 months"

after conversation

Dicky.. "thanks.. but I''m not a Norwich fan, i actually work for Fulham.. thanks for all the information to go back to Craven Cottage with"

is Joe royle an idiot? I doubt it.... is Dicky living in fantasy land? possibly.

[/quote]

Tw@t

[quote user="chicken"]Dicky - just a quick question, as that always been your forum name or have you changed it? If so was it before.Also, don''t jump on people for being a bit ''yeah yeah, seen it, heard it, didn''t buy it the last time'' when over the years there have been plenty of people who talk about having spoken to someone at the club and got special info.This is no slight on you, but perhaps the wrath of idiocy that has been about before.Ruddy won''t be going anywhere unless it is to be number 1. The Arsenal link suggestion is a possibility but they are being linked with everyone in that department. Pepe Reiner is the latest for example. I also wonder why, that if that deal is a dead cert, it hasn''t happened already. Ruddy isn''t at the world cup. We have two other keepers on the books in Bunn and Rudd . . . . .If we are in for Rhodes, I also wonder if it is waiting for outgoing moves to be completed?[/quote]

Always been Dicky mate. Wish I hadn''t bothered posting now. This board is full of tw@ts. Only posting what Mr Royle told us.

If it were to pan out like that I wouldn''t be too dissapointed. Ruddy deserves a big move, though I''d rather he stayed, ditto Snodgrass. Rhodes I would be happy with but not sure we will table a bid anywhere near their valuation and if we wereto have a bid accepted I would expect a PL team to match it and he would go there.

Of the three players mentioned:

Ruddy - If he had the chance of being Number One at one of the biggest clubs in the country and we were well compensated then fine. Good luck to him. And we must not forget we have a good back up and a very good young keeper with a season''s League One experience. A spell at Shrewsbury and a season at Birmingham didn''t do Joe Hart any harm!

Snodgrass - If he gets the chance of a Premiership move or a move ''back home'' to Celtic then fine. I am sure we can replace him with the cash we would get for him. If he stays, try playing him somewhere different to the right wing (as Strachan does for Scotland).

Rhodes - What is it about Rhodes?

All the rich Premiership clubs have looked, and looked, and looked but none of them have put in a bid.

There were plenty of other strikers being bought and sold for the same price that he is being quoted as being worth, but still no takers.

We have been told on here many times about the poor quality of Scottish football. What has happened to his international career? Surely he should have been the first name on the team sheet.

What am I missing?

Jordan Rhodes is a goal machine.

52 in 89 for Blackburn.

73 in 124 for Huddersfield.

And he is said to be on £42,000 a week at Blackburn, who apparently offered him a huge pay rise in January to sign a five and a half year contract.

That would maybe explain why he is still at Blackburn.

Steve Bull spent much of his career in the second tier and at current rate Rhodes with 135 goals by the age of 24 looks capable of outscoring Steve Bull who finished with 306 at the age of 34 with England recognition in the process.

Rhodes would be an amazing signing and would become a Norwich legend but I doubt we can afford him if the price is £10m and over £42,000 a week in wages.

I accept all the stats you have given GM.

I am just amazed at the fact that no Premiership club, who are not short of a quid or two (the wages wouldn''t frighten them if they wanted him), seem to have gone for him and that Strachan doesn''t seem to have made him the ''first player on the team sheet''.

Why?

[quote user="Dicky"]Just got back from a stag weekend in Magaluf - it is the biggest sh1thole in the world. Out there, met Howard Kendall - got talking, he said Joe Royle was meeting him there the following lunchtime, so we headed back and got talking with him. Switched on chap - like his appointment. Asked him about transfers - he said it will be quiet during world cup and Adams is in US at the moment, but he did say Arsenal want Ruddy (likely to go), Snoddy to Hull, Ricky out on loan (hopefully score some goals and increase his value). Thinks Fer, Tettey etc will stay. Wes wants out but they want him to stay. Big surprise, he thinks Jordan Rhodes in (he is best mates with his Dad). So, there you go, from the horse''s mouth.[/quote]

I''m sure you''re an honourable man, Dicky, and wouldn''t make stuff up, but I wish posters would take a pic with their smartphones and upload it so no one would doubt you met who you said you''d met. It would stop the doubters.

Dicky...

Still failing to realise how hypocritical your insults are?

No one is even insulting you, just saying they can''t actually believe Joe Royal would be so unprofessional. You''ve taken it very badly, did you really expect everyone to believe you just because you said you don''t lie?

Dicky met Joe Royle and Howard Kendall in Magaluf, that much seems reasonably certain. Whether all that information was passed on is another matter.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="Dicky"]Just got back from a stag weekend in Magaluf - it is the biggest sh1thole in the world. Out there, met Howard Kendall - got talking, he said Joe Royle was meeting him there the following lunchtime, so we headed back and got talking with him. Switched on chap - like his appointment. Asked him about transfers - he said it will be quiet during world cup and Adams is in US at the moment, but he did say Arsenal want Ruddy (likely to go), Snoddy to Hull, Ricky out on loan (hopefully score some goals and increase his value). Thinks Fer, Tettey etc will stay. Wes wants out but they want him to stay. Big surprise, he thinks Jordan Rhodes in (he is best mates with his Dad). So, there you go, from the horse''s mouth.[/quote]

I''m sure you''re an honourable man, Dicky, and wouldn''t make stuff up, but I wish posters would take a pic with their smartphones and upload it so no one would doubt you met who you said you''d met. It would stop the doubters.[/quote]

There are pictures on twitter of a Southampton fan with Howard Kendall and Joe Royle in Magaluf this weekend. Based on his tweets, said Southampton fan appears to have been on a stag do at the time with at least 2 Norwich fans.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I accept all the stats you have given GM.

I am just amazed at the fact that no Premiership club, who are not short of a quid or two (the wages wouldn''t frighten them if they wanted him), seem to have gone for him and that Strachan doesn''t seem to have made him the ''first player on the team sheet''.

Why?[/quote]

Because he doesn''t do much else than score goals, the game has changed most teams want a striker to contribute in other ways as well especially at the top level where there is currently a trend for one main striker.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Dicky...

Still failing to realise how hypocritical your insults are?

No one is even insulting you, just saying they can''t actually believe Joe Royal would be so unprofessional. You''ve taken it very badly, did you really expect everyone to believe you just because you said you don''t lie?[/quote]

It''s Joe Royle - now go and do your homework

Awwh bless all you can do is insult more and correct a spelling. I know I''m a terrible speller, I don''t care. And haven''t had homework for year mate. But whatever makes you feel better.

Still doing nothing to prove me wrong. But oh well. It''s only a forum and you''re only a Dick(y).

Bassong, Fer and RVW are on their way out, they havent been allocated squad numbers. No. 5 going to Russ Martin.

oh, and dont ask for source, this info comes from within the club but I''m hardly likely to go naming them as they will face disciplinary actions.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Bassong, Fer and RVW are on their way out, they havent been allocated squad numbers. No. 5 going to Russ Martin. oh, and dont ask for source, this info comes from within the club but I''m hardly likely to go naming them as they will face disciplinary actions.[/quote]

Did you bump into the kit man when you were on holiday at Cromer?

What a thread this is!!

Dicky has passed on some gossip which only time will tell whether its accurate - none of if particularly revelatory or shocking - yet its all abusive responses. Disappointing.

As for ncfc gardners suggestions (not doubting it or stating its true) but no surprise that the named three dont have shirt numbers and are likely to be on the way (again repeating old rumours) but to lose the defender, cm and striker who gained most points per start last season could seem a little suspect.

Most concerning for me would be the suggestion that Russ has the no 5 shirt; like rooney for england, if he has to play he should be in one position only; as wrong as rooney is out left russ should not be allowed at centre back. two fish out of water.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]What a thread this is!!

Dicky has passed on some gossip which only time will tell whether its accurate - none of if particularly revelatory or shocking - yet its all abusive responses. Disappointing.

As for ncfc gardners suggestions (not doubting it or stating its true) but no surprise that the named three dont have shirt numbers and are likely to be on the way (again repeating old rumours) but to lose the defender, cm and striker who gained most points per start last season could seem a little suspect.

Most concerning for me would be the suggestion that Russ has the no 5 shirt; like rooney for england, if he has to play he should be in one position only; as wrong as rooney is out left russ should not be allowed at centre back. two fish out of water.[/quote]

Personally like the idea of Russ getting the no 5 shirt.  If he can make the central defence position his own and be an influential captain, then that could set up our season.  I believe he is good enough for that and more importantly he seems to believe it will be his best position for the rest of his career.   We''ll see.....

I have no doubts that russ is a good captain but there has been nothing in his performances at centre back to show he is anything but an emergency stand in inferior to recognised cbs and his performances at rb, while hardly great, are significantly better

I accept that all of those were at prem and so he could probably be ok at champs level

I''m with ZLF.

Maybe Martin would be a bit better in the centre now we''ve dropped down a level but his performances there in the Prem weren''t up to it. Not dominant/imposing enough.

He might prefer playing there but that doesn''t necessarily make it right for the team.

I think the difficult thing is that he''s obviously a very popular figure but ultimately if we want to progress then next time we get back into the Prem (a year from now, of course!) we need to bite the bullet and replace him as a first choice player.