Sign in to follow this  
#

Do you trust Adams?

[quote user="hogesar"]Sorry Lincoln, you''re just plain wrong.

''At any other club''. I''m sorry but jobs have been given to those inside the club on hundreds of occasions, including your Reading.

We have a history of failed managerial appointments but so do every other club - i certainly don''t think we have any more failed managers than other clubs in the same bracket as us.[/quote]

Come on. Not in the given circumstances. No win in 5 which confirmed relegation.

Yes our run in was very tough.... But even with the added effect of the new manager syndrome, we looked no better.

Even Adams has admitted to needing help, and now that help has just bailed out. So what now?

Circumstances are different, granted Lincoln.

I was just trying to say that clubs, big clubs even, recruiting from inside seems to be more and more popular.

Unfortunatly it''s a no and nothing to do with last season because let''s be honest not even the special one wouldn''t have saved us.

We needed some one with some transfermarket knowledge not just trusting others judgments I.e never having seen lafferty play untill the Dereham game was a bit of a shock, how is he going to develop a style of play with players he doesn''t know play?

We needed some one who would give the current players a kick up the backside and I like Hughton I can''t see Adams having this in him.

It''s not just Adams I don''t trust in all fairness, the club has created this whole "board of football" which is only going to end badly no manager out their honestly likes having minimum input in their team and is probably another reason we didn''t get some one else in.

Also transfer related; we all know that scoring goals was a big issue for us but just buying strikers isn''t going to improve it and with what looks to be little to no effort in strengthening a ridiculously leaky defence first and formost is another bewildering decision in my mind.

Looking at it with my head and not my heart as the board should have done but clearly didn''t I can only see it ending badly, and if I am proved wrong I will gladly take the stick for not trusting our club but untill then I''m not confident in the slightest.

I think some are getting confused between "Do you trust him" and "Do you think he''s good enough"

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]What''s the difference? If your trusting Adams your trusting his ability as a manger are you not?[/quote]The implication by the OP was that he is a puppet of the board, it wasn''t about whether or not he was good enough.

[quote user="Wiz"]

To do the job and not be the boards puppet..............

:coat

[/quote]Love how you start threads without a single opinion of your own to put behind it.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

To do the job and not be the boards puppet..............

:coat

[/quote]Love how you start threads without a single opinion of your own to put behind it.

[/quote]Huzzah!

Oh, but here''s one, still half-warm...[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker.

Thats how high I rate Neil.

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he

doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts

work, he starts today and he knows his tactics

backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]It''s certainly looking great for you, with your two threads of spiteful mendacity a day.

I just wish someone could''ve just told Mcnally; "you know, you don''t have to move our youth team coaches into our senior team, there are other ways David, you can get a proper manager who has managed in the football league, or even abroad." I don''t think that conversation has happened....(we''ll probably do an arsenal and be unbeaten now that i''ve said that)

[quote user="mrs miggins"](we''ll probably do an arsenal and be unbeaten now that i''ve said that)[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry too much about that ...

[quote user="mrs miggins"].(we''ll probably do an arsenal now that i''ve said that)[/quote]What ...get absolutely mullered at Anfield, Miggo.....?No ,we''ve done that gig already, thanks.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I just wish someone could''ve just told Mcnally; "you know, you don''t have to move our youth team coaches into our senior team, there are other ways David, you can get a proper manager who has managed in the football league, or even abroad." I don''t think that conversation has happened....(we''ll probably do an arsenal and be unbeaten now that i''ve said that)[/quote]

Bloody well said Mrs M.[Y]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I just wish someone could''ve just told Mcnally; "you know, you don''t have to move our youth team coaches into our senior team, there are other ways David, you can get a proper manager who has managed in the football league, or even abroad." I don''t think that conversation has happened....(we''ll probably do an arsenal and be unbeaten now that i''ve said that)[/quote]

What, you mean employ a manager with only marginal experience who goes on to become a club legend?

I saw Adams as being part of the establishment before becoming manager, a fan first and foremost, possibly too close to be objective. Whether he''ll stick to his guns when his view differs to that of the board remains to be seen. I''m not sure it matters that much if he doesn''t. At the end of the day Norwich have to cut their cloth accordingly so he''s never going to have a free hand. Some compromise is inevitable.

Much more importantly is the question of whether he has the ability required to lead this team to a top two finish. There I have doubts/concerns.

The truth to this will lie in the results achieved, but my perception is that the squad (with the exception perhaps of Bassong and Beccho) have accepted the way he wants to play and his approach in general.

Yes the squad is the best in the league at the moment, there is nowhere to run for Adams, the blame will be on him, and I''m sure he knows that. Hopefully he''ll excel in the role and will get us playing some nice stuff in the process as an added bonus

I don''t think we ca say we have the best squad.

Last season our squad was used to losing and it takes big characters to change that. There are very good squads in this league and we should not be complacent.

We proved that our bench last season was limited to change the game and we need to have a squad who can make you feel like a win is possible.

Adams has a big job as do our players. So many games and we have to be very good in all of them... Simple

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Haven Canary"]10 games far to much give him 5 games and then get shot of him. The Messiah will then have plenty of games to get is back up again[/quote]Life goes on day after dayHappily trolling awaySo ferry ''cross the Waveney''cause Lowestoft''s the place I loveand here I''ll stayPeople they rush everywhereAll talking out of their rearSo ferry ''cross the Waveneyand always take me thereThe place I lovePeople around every cornerThey seem to smile and sayWe don''t care what your name is boyYou change it every daySo I''ll continue to sayA tw@t I always will staySo ferry ''cross the Waveney''cause Lowestoft''s the place I loveand here I''ll stayand here I''ll stayHere I''ll stay[/quote]

No crap today, Waveney''s gone away

The keyboard stands forlorn, no clicking on to pawn

No crap today, it seems a welcome sight

But people passing by don''t know the reason why

How could they know just what his message means?

The end of our hopes, the end of all our dreams

How could they know the palace there had been

Before this bore became, such a drama queen

No crap today, it wasn''t always so

He posted every day trying to have his binnish way

But all that''s left is a place dark and lonely

A back bedroom in a mean street of Lowestoft town

Here comes your whine it''s from you only

Just nine up two down

[quote user="mrs miggins"]But in the league we have the best goalkeeper, best defence, best midfield and best strike force.[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps71d0a676.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps71d0a676.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Doesn''t look too bad to me so far[Y]

I just think when you look at the third best team in the champs last season (derby), our team $hits on them (pardon the language), chris martin is their top striker ffs. And we''re obviously better than the two that went down last season, having finished higher than them as well as Cardiff selling their best player and an old Fulham team that is also letting their best players go for free. They have McCormack and an ageing parker, thats it. I don''t really think anyone can question it tbh, smooth''s point (and Morty''s point a few weeks ago) about leadership is a good one though, we don''t have a grant holt figure anymore. Do we have the manager and leadership this season, that will be the big question, not the ability of individuals.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Oh, but here''s one, still half-warm...[quote user="Wiz"]

Adams will be the next Walker.

Thats how high I rate Neil.

For those doubters just remember he knows the squad inside out, he

doesn''t have to take City DVD''s on holiday with him before he starts

work, he starts today and he knows his tactics

backwards...............with a plan Z if its needed.

It''s going to be great.

[/quote]It''s certainly looking great for you, with your two threads of spiteful mendacity a day.

[/quote]my how time flysit was barely a few days ago we had

[quote user="Wiz"]If it is Adams thats me finished on here.........they can shove it![/quote]

it is Adams

and true to his word.... a man of principle

he is not finished on here

well well

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I just think when you look at the third best team in the champs last season (derby), our team $hits on them (pardon the language), chris martin is their top striker ffs. And we''re obviously better than the two that went down last season, having finished higher than them as well as Cardiff selling their best player and an old Fulham team that is also letting their best players go for free. They have McCormack and an ageing parker, thats it. I don''t really think anyone can question it tbh, smooth''s point (and Morty''s point a few weeks ago) about leadership is a good one though, we don''t have a grant holt figure anymore. Do we have the manager and leadership this season, that will be the big question, not the ability of individuals.[/quote]I think that a winning mentality breeds confidence in players though. It sounds like the players are really buying into what Adams is trying to do, and if that can translate into wins then you will see a whole different side of players that you saw last season.Yes, when the chips are down you do need that guy thats going to gee everyone up, but I''m really hoping the chips aren''t going to be down, as often, this season!

All summed up in your last sentence, a good group of individual players doesn''t make the best "team".

Lets hope Adams can turn them into a team.

It''s interesting what Surman had to say about the ''team feeling'' in the Pink''un article. He thought it was the key under Lambert and that it''s working well now under Adams.

Things I''d trust Adams to doWalk my dogWeed my allotmentDrive a local community minibus to get me to a hot dinnerCommentate on my football teamManage my football team

Things I''d trust Wiz to doLieContradict himselfIrritate people