Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Bassong, Pilkington, Hoolahan

I bet this is going to be a highly contentious post and some of you will have some strong opinions on this subject, because all three are obviously very talented players and have done the business in previous campaigns, but I think these three should be the first to the exit. Apart from out of contract and loan players who we don''t want to retain of course.

Can only really speculate but I get the feeling that these three have become ''bad eggs''. Not sure about others, bit torn on Van Wolfswinkel although he is probably one who the club will want to get off the wage bill so may not even need to discuss him.

What Hoolahan did in January was unforgiveable, and Pilkington has gone missing when we needed him what''s up with that? Bassong has been nothing short of the worst captain we have had since Fotheringham. Weren''t really his fault that he got the armband but he will forever be remembered as Hughton''s man now and I just don''t think his heart is in it.

All three have talent and are good enough for the Premier League when on form, and I''ve enjoyed all three in the past, but just personally feel it is time for them to move on.

Not sure about Garrido and Becchio, depends who the new manager is and whether he likes them as players I suppose?

Any thoughts?

Didn''t hear that Frank, but did hear a rumour that a certain player who hasn''t featured lately might have been training with the youth team for the last couple of weeks.

Not to happy with Hoolahan, the other two it''s hard to know what''s going on behind the scenes. Bassong could ave thrown a stop he could also have had a confidence problem it''s not unheard of. Pilkington again it could be a bad attitude or it could be injuries he looks incredibly laboured in his play this season and the end of last, but he did have a horrific injury not to mention how many times as he had to pull out of the Ireland squad.

I reckon ruddy, bassong, pilkington, garrido, yobo & elmander will go, with a few others not far behind dependent on the manager.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Anyone else hear a story that Bassong and Wes walked out of Neyuls first team meeting ?[/quote]I bet captain bumble tripped over his own laces and wes was going round and round in circles without finding the door.....

I wonder what has happened to them three. Bassong I dont think handled the captaincy well but he wasnt the worst player, he had several very good games for us this season along with the rubbish ones. Pilkington has been completely shocking, something has seemingly happened there and Hoolahan got no games barely until jan and we should have sold him then and been more proactive in getting a no. 10 in than ''well we tried but the big boys said no so we left it'' that excuse didnt wash with me. Sometimes you have to throw a bit of money at a situation. The board gambled that we''d struggle to enough ppints and it failed. Poor management to gamble away our pl status.

They can all go in my opinion. Loved what Hoolahan has done for us and will be remembered as a great player for us, but I think its for the best that he gets the move he obviously wants.

I''m not even sure whats going on with Pilks at the moment? I always used to say he is a great player when fit and he could no doubt tear some of the championship to shreds. He is a hard worker too and therefore probably the player of the three I''d like to see go the least. That said, if he is injured again (I assume this is why he wasn''t even on the bench for the final stretch of the season) we are obviously not getting enough fit minutes for his contract to be worthwhile at our club.

I don''t think anything needs to be said about Bassong other than how shocked I am of the magnitude of his capitulation for us this season.

I said at the time , that Bassong was limping badly, as he went off the pitch after the WBA game. Having said that, last night I saw him out cycling with his family, so the hammy must be ok!

Was told by a member of the backroom staff that Seb was the worst trainer in the squad and would spend most weeks in the treatment room moaning but expect to be picked on a match day.

He wanted to leave last summer but Hughton convinced him to stay and was very, very easy with him and some of his other favourites.

if a manager with a negative footballing philosophy ruins the team, destroys the confidence and spirit, then players certain players will always resist.... It''s all Hughton''s fault and he should have gone a long time ago.... staggering to hear that he is a favourite for the WBA job.... do these idiots running football clubs never learn....

Footy is about a team collective, most managers fail to appreciate that ... fail to get the best out of players, they don''t have a clue how to! .... result... .they don''t last very long.

How the fu(k was this bloke our captain.

Guarantee hus agent will be telling the board he wants out, the words rats and sinking ship spring to mind.

Heard from a player that Bassong would turn up late for training and Hoots would let him get away with it. Don''t need any Bertie Big B-llocks in the team. On his day he is quality, but unfortunately he has off days.