Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Celtic In For Snodgrass!

If Celtic really offered 4.5m for Snodgrass, we should sell. He certainly isn''t worth $6m based on his form this season....as others have said he''s the main culprit for our crab like progress up the field, so I''d want to get rid irrespective of whether we can get in another winger... I think we play better w/o him (this season)

[quote user="birchfest"]Some of you lot are mad. Probably our best player last season and on his day one the most creative/dangerous in the squad.[/quote]

I agree Birchfest. Fair enough if some would, hypothetically, accept 6mil for him and offer their reasons why (''too slow'' etc) but to the others that use the phrase such as ''good riddance'', may i ask whatever did he do to you to warrant such attitude?

I agree, whilst I would not be devastated at him moving on, he does put a shift in when he plays.

Yes some of the way he works and plays annoys me, but not to any level that he doesn''t deserve his place in the team.

" Yes some of the way he works and plays annoys me, but not to any level that he doesn''t deserve his place in the team.""

Fair point, and I don''t doubt his commitment, but it is a team game, and IMO the way the team has developed from last season it plays better w/o him in it, hence he doesn''t deserve a place in it...

By far our best attacking player last season. Our best crosser of the ball and in all honesty most attacks we have go down his side of the pitch. I think that is one of the reasons so many fans have turned on him. All our play is down the left so he is bound to make more mistakes than others, his influence on the game is miles above any other player we have. If all city players put the effort in he does we wouldn''t be where we are.

I agree that he has suffered this season, mainly early on, however it''s not his fault we play tactics whereby he is asked to cut in time and time again and get a cross in to 1 man in the box. We don''t have a Holt in the team this year to cross to. When Hughton realises we need to play the ball on the ground and change our game plan, Snodgrass is one of the few players we have capable of playing a through ball and showing a bit of magic.

The way fans have turned on him this season is an embarassment

Top player who was off form earlier in the season, but has been one of our better players for a few games now...why would you want to lose one of our better players who is a regular in the side?

How much did we pay for him, anyway? wasn''t it like 3.5-4m? can''t see the club dropping below 6m as it''s not enough profit otherwise, and at that point I can''t see Celtic breaking the bank for him.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]truth in this im afraid. He wants to go. This was part of some info that i heard a couple of weeks ago[/quote]

Sounds like idiotic city fans have once again driven away one of our better players!

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="can u sit down please"]truth in this im afraid. He wants to go. This was part of some info that i heard a couple of weeks ago[/quote]

Sounds like idiotic city fans have once again driven away one of our better players![/quote]

Completely agree with that! The new scapegoat

Lennon spoke last night about the reported link of him to replace hughton, saying he was flattered. at the end of the interview, he said this:

Meanwhile, Lennon has denied any interest in Norwich and Scotland forward Robert Snodgrass.

"There''s nothing in that," he said.

"I''m going to get linked with a lot of players but I''m not going to talk about players who are contracted to other clubs."

Snodgrass is a  confidence player.  He looks insecure a lot of the time and tries to cover that by trying extra hard to achieve well - and no-one questions that he tries hard.    On his day he can look brilliant - and I think the fact that he was good against Fulham and Hull, shows  that the possible attention of Celtic has given him that extra "buzz" to get him at his best.  

His talent is there, but he doesn''t always channel it well.   The falling over easily, the petulance every time a decision goes against him,  the penalty incident with RVW, the poor choice to run at a packed defence when an early cross would be better.    Leeds fans said he would frustrate us as well as give us something and he is to me a bit of an enigma.

Whatever it is that makes him play with that extra quality, whether its the attention of another club or just general fitness/confidence, we need someone who can do that more often than he does.  But if indeed the attention of another club has spurred him on - then I hope other clubs show an interest in him, because it means he may play better as a result.  If he ends up going to Celtic, good luck to him, we will upgrade, as we have been doing ever since Hughton arrived. 

I really, really don''t get the stick Snoddy gets from some of our fans, seemingly all triggered by that penalty incident around the same time as he was experiencing a drop in form.

He is one of our best players. He never hides. His work rate is excellent. Ok sometimes he goes down a bit easily and his final ball can be erratic but watch that game back yesterday and see how much of our play goes through him. He is a very influential player. I would not sell him, certainly not for £4.5m. People who think that''s a good fee need to wake up to the league we are in. Established, successful prem wingers are worth way more than that.

Snoddy is an absolute pain in the backside.......

... for every team we play against. He is strong, can hold the ball up or hold defenders off. His opponent invariably gets a yellow card because he can''t get the better of him by fair means. He has quick feet and can make space for a cross when he looks to hemmed in. He gives 100% every game and never hides. What is there not to like...

Nutty Nigel,

The constant falling over and whinging and moaning (which can spread like a cancer through the team and appears at times to have done so), the 99% of his corners and crosses that are poor and his lack of cover for the full back (at times).

Although I will agree all of this was less in evidence yesterday.

Not saying I would sell him as he does put himself about but given the amount of possession he has his output is insufficient IMO.

Suspect we don''t agree on this but you did ask.

There is no chance of us releasing Snoddy in the January window. If somebody bid £5 million I think McNally would burst out laughing.

I haven''t read every post so apologies if this has already been said, but if there is anything in this, then we should hold them to ransom just like they tried to us with hooper!!

Nutty Nigel,

As a back up until Benno is fit and firing on all four or young Murph cements his place or until Redmond is played on his natural wing or he gets back to the player we saw last year (minus the moaning). All of which are free,

Hope that will do for now?

Then take annother look in the summer.

[quote user="Ray"]Nutty Nigel,

As a back up until Benno is fit and firing on all four or young Murph cements his place or until Redmond is played on his natural wing or he gets back to the player we saw last year (minus the moaning). All of which are free,

Then take annother look in the summer.[/quote]

That''ll do? Not with you buddy.

If I rated him that far down the pecking order I''d take the money and run. But it''s all about opinions and as I get fed up with saying on here nobody''s opinion can be wrong.

When Bennett is fit we will have another option and Jonas already gives us another option. Either of them available earlier in the season would have meant Snoddy wouldn''t have had to play week in week out before he was fit.  

Nutty Nigel,

You asked why I would keep him, so I gave a number of reasons and then asked will that do for now, a little tongue in cheek.

All tha said if a stonking offer came in, say £5 million plus I would be tempted, may not sell yet but would be tempted.

Signing off for a coulpe of hours.

[quote user="Ray"]Nutty Nigel,

Then take annother look in the summer.[/quote]

You will never see a £5 million bid for Benno. Murphy and Redmond both show promise but are some way off being worth that kind of money in the short term.The money and the kind of clubs that are interested in Snoddy should tell you something about how highly rated he is by knowledgeable people in the game.Every player has a price, even Snoddy, but it is not the one quoted in the press.

"If somebody bid £5 million I think McNally would burst out laughing."

Haha this 100%, he is not going anywhere unless it''s silly money.

I am perplexed by the sudden love affair for Bennett since he has been injured. He did show in pre-season some nice touches and he obviously has pace, but his final ball is in the same league as Redmond''s, if not worse. Since he has been injured people see him as some sort of saviour.

IMO Bennett is nowhere near the level of Snodgrass and he cannot influence the game like Snoddy can.

We spent around £4M on him (i think) and it was only that cheap as his contract was nearing the end. I think anything less than £10M and the club wouldn''t even listen.

Also on his moaning, wasn''t Huckerby a crowd favourite? I have never seen a city player moan as much as he did!

[quote user="priceyrice"]I am perplexed by the sudden love affair for Bennett since he has been injured. He did show in pre-season some nice touches and he obviously has pace, but his final ball is in the same league as Redmond''s, if not worse. Since he has been injured people see him as some sort of saviour.

IMO Bennett is nowhere near the level of Snodgrass and he cannot influence the game like Snoddy can.

We spent around £4M on him (i think) and it was only that cheap as his contract was nearing the end. I think anything less than £10M and the club wouldn''t even listen.

Also on his moaning, wasn''t Huckerby a crowd favourite? I have never seen a city player moan as much as he did![/quote]

I think £10 million is a bit steep but it''s certainly going to be a lot more than the quoted figure before anyone at CR is tempted.

I agree with you pricey and am relieved that some others on here rate Snodgrass as well. I really can''t understand why he is not rated by city fans more highly. For my money he is just about the most creative player we have and he works very hard too. I think that we would be crazy to sell him and think that we would really miss him. Snodgrass is a top player and we get far more from him than any other wide player at the club. Redmond and Murphy(ies) have exciting potential but for all the exciting things that they can do, Snoddy is the one who delivers most often.

priceyrice,

Maybe Hucks was more loved because of what he delivered on the pitch, a goal every 4.5 games (approx) as opposed to Snoddy''s goal every 7.5 games (approx), I don''y have figures for assist per game but my feeling is they were far higher too.