Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Norwich Fans 'booing'.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]PJFry, Newcastle is in no danger of being a top 4 team this season, regardless of their away record. Overall, they are a bit above average, and this was a home game.

Congrats on seeing thru my sarcasm, though.[/quote]
That wasn''t my point. My point was that Newcastle are well above average for a Premier League team when playing away. Only two more teams (Arseanl and Spurs) have more away wins then Newcastle. They have more points and more wins when they play away from home. They are a team that, frankly, play better away from home and have a good ability to get results.
I''m not defending the way Norwich approached this game, but some acknowledgement of the away record of the side we faced would not go amiss. 

Newcastle were markedly superior first half and City deserved the boo''s they got at halftime. Thankfully they did compete better second half and didn''t deserve the booing at the end.

From where I was it was the usual happy clappies booing, as it always is

Certainly not pleased with the tactics but booing doesn''t help one bit, but if you have only known success and watching MOTD then your knowledge of the game will be limited

p perhaps the club could find a ''don''t boo'' kind of song which could be played as the ref blows the whistle, which would let them know that they are to sit down and be quiet

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Pathetic[/quote]It''s all rather confusing. I started applauding at half time only for it to be drowned out by a chorus of boos. Had to double check the scoreline just to make sure I hadn''t missed the 5 goal hammering that the fans reaction appeared to be resulting from.

i never get this cant boo your team BS, If i go for a meal and its terrible i will let the waitress know i am unhappy. if my team are playing below awful and i have forked out 40 odd quid for a ticket i think i have the right to let my feelings be known. I am in the entertainment business and get fans writing to me to criticise my product i take it on board as i want that product to be the best i can produce, i take pride in that, this season the product at Carrow Road is not good enough, fans have the right to air their views, they will be there long after hughton has gone.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Pathetic[/quote]It''s all rather confusing. I started applauding at half time only for it to be drowned out by a chorus of boos. Had to double check the scoreline just to make sure I hadn''t missed the 5 goal hammering that the fans reaction appeared to be resulting from.[/quote]

its only shear luck we were not 3or4 down tbf.

If a performance is unacceptable the fans should be able to voice their displeasure.   For me the time for that is at either at half or full time.

Abusing individual players during a game is never going to produce a positive response and is the reaction of idiots.  

So we should have cheered them off then?

This is the worse football I have seen at Carrow Road for many a year and I have a right to boo.

Premier League? we are certainly not having a laugh!

If I do a poor job in my work. The customers complains , us as paying customers have the right to Cheer it boo , first half yesterday was shocking , and if it wasn''t for ruddy and the woodwork it could if been 4 nil.

So if fans want to be due to a shocking half the players must understand this and up there game !!

£25000 a week and snoddy couldn''t beat the first man on corners not good enough , and fans were right to object !!

People keep confusing ''paying customer'' with ''club supporter''. They overlap, but fundamentally they are different things.

As the difference in responses above suggests, people are arguing from two (or more) different understandings of the role of match spectators and so will never agree.

I see supporting Norwich as an emotional connection demanding support (hence my personal view that any booing if warranted should be after the game), others see spectating as a commercial transaction allowing them to do what they like (within the ground regulations).

Who''s right? Or do we just all have to learn to get along somehow in this beautiful club, man?

i never get this cant boo your team BS, If i go for a meal and its terrible i will let the waitress know i am unhappy. if my team are playing below awful and i have forked out 40 odd quid for a ticket i think i have the right to let my feelings be known. I am in the entertainment business and get fans writing to me to criticise my product i take it on board as i want that product to be the best i can produce, i take pride in that, this season the product at Carrow Road is not good enough, fans have the right to air their views, they will be there long after hughton has gone.

Exactly my point as well.....I pay my money to be entertained and after that first half display I did boo! Bradley Johnson was awfull as per usual,couldn''t pass a packet of biscuits at an afternoon WI tea party.The fans that let there feelings be known have every right to,after all they contribute to the players wages week in week out!.....and as for "don''t come to football if you want to be entertained" Really? explain why you would go for anything else?

[quote user="rowdyman"]i never get this cant boo your team BS, If i go for a meal and its terrible i will let the waitress know i am unhappy. if my team are playing below awful and i have forked out 40 odd quid for a ticket i think i have the right to let my feelings be known. I am in the entertainment business and get fans writing to me to criticise my product i take it on board as i want that product to be the best i can produce, i take pride in that, this season the product at Carrow Road is not good enough, fans have the right to air their views, they will be there long after hughton has gone.[/quote]a) Did the waitress cook your meal then?b) Assuming you are actually referring to her performance, you boo her loudly from across the room do you? That''s how you ''let her know'' what particular aspects of her performance you found unacceptable?c) Your fans write to you (like civilised people), presumably with constructive criticism for you to ''take on board'' and learn from. If they actually do boo your performance, how do you know what elements in particular displeased them? How do you know what they want you to improve on?d) What, in all seriousness, do you expect your booing to achieve? Do you really think the directors would otherwise not know the performance wasn''t acceptable? Do you think they will heed your constructive criticism and hasten Hughton''s departure? Do you think the players will ''decide'' to improve their technique, control, passing for the next game (because, you know, they were deliberately being incompetent at any given game just to spite you).e) Have you tried writing to make your feelings known, in the same way your fans do?I really think booing is futile and even counter-productive. It''s not constructive and I don''t know what positive difference it is supposed to make.

Whilst i didn''t partake, at half time you could hardly blame the fans for booing. It wasn''t just that Newcastle were better in every department, it''s that they wanted it more and won every 50/50 unless it was up against Hooper (who had a very good game, by the way).

As for the snakepit idiots yelling singular abuse at one of our players for a poor set piece - well we all know the snakepit is full of absolute morons and i''m sure the players do too.