Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Favourite Goal From Game Attended

A goal that seems forgotten by everyone was Darren Eadie from the laf way line vs Sunderland at Carrow Road.

Lionel Perez was pressured into hurrying a clearence by someone (might have been Adrian Forbes), as Perez hit it he scuffed the ball and found himself outside his box.

Eadie hit it first time and it looped over Perez and into the back of the net... was at the Barclay, about 14000 fans there.. 1997 or 8 I think...

Four best that I can remember seeing live for quality were.

Andrew Crofts Fashanu type goal at Barnsley

Grant Holts volley at Burnley

Michael Nelsons overhead/scissor kick goal at Hartlepool

Dion Dublins volley at Hull

Agree with the sentiment about the Simeon Jackson goal against Derby, CR went mental that day, I think it was knowing that we''d almost done enough to go up and knowing we''d probably just spoiled Warnocks party at QPR.

Good shout jas, forgot Eadie''s, wasn''t there, read about it but can''t recall it on tv, though surely was, anyone found that on UTube anywhere? As someone else said, great thread OP.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

A goal that seems forgotten by everyone was Darren Eadie from the laf way line vs Sunderland at Carrow Road.

Lionel Perez was pressured into hurrying a clearence by someone (might have been Adrian Forbes), as Perez hit it he scuffed the ball and found himself outside his box.

Eadie hit it first time and it looped over Perez and into the back of the net... was at the Barclay, about 14000 fans there.. 1997 or 8 I think...

[/quote]

I was thinking of that one!  Couldn''t remember who were were playing against.  I was in the Barclay that day too, those were the days when we got 14,000 or so in the old Div 1.  Basically the goalie tried to play his way out rather than just hoofing it, and ended up miscuing his clearance under pressure.  Don''t know why but it was so satisfying to see Eadie chip it in with the goalie stranded at the edge of the box.  I''d love to see that one, must have a search for it.

Hee hee JDF...

I remember when Safri first hit the shot I shouted out:

"For god''s sake Safri don''t shoot from th.............................................................

:)

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Iwan Roberts. His goal sent 35,000 Norwich fans crazy. Aided by the closed roof, I''ve never heard noise like it. A goal that had everything.[/quote]Playoff final btw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc-hkYNENss   goal at 1.38 if you can stomach it![/quote]

It was amazing.  You could sense he was going to score as the Birmingham defence were stretched and the cross looked perfect. From our end it was like nothing I can remember, like watching a slow motion film, Roberts in space, the ball heading for his head and you just knew that 99 times out of a 100 he would score.  And he didn''t disappoint.

That goal is pretty high on my list too. 

For me the Safri goal,whilst a great strike doesn''t really rank that hugely with me. Don''t know why.

Drury vs Boro definitely my favourite goal. He''s my favourite all time Norwich player, so him scoring a last minute equaliser in a 4-4 draw was just fantastic.

One of the best I''ve seen it hight was a Hucks goal, but I must be remembering it wrong. Against Arsenal, I''m sure he scored a goal nearly identical to Henry in the same game, Henry won goal of the month, in the same month as Safri''s strike and Hucks wasn''t even nominated. As I remember it. Was a short corner, he then went past two players and curled it into the far corner, like Henry. But I could be imagining it ;)

Favourite non-Norwich goal I can remember was a Zola free kick vs Spurs. First non-Norwich game (and only non norwich clubs game) I''d been too, Teddy scored for Spurs and Zola curled in a superb free kick from what seemed more like a crossing position.

grant holt v charlton at home in league 1, stoppage time equaliser,we had been 2 down and charlton were cruising, shelvey was taking the piss but holt was picked out by wes well into time added on and got it over the line and the place went mental... for me it was the start of the big turn around and incredible times i never thought we''d see in my wildest dreams  [:D]

Libra vs Man CityAshton vs Newcastle (Safri''s stole the show but Kluivert had equalised with about 2 minutes to go)Jackson vs DerbyJackson vs PortsmouthRoberts vs Birmingham P/O finalAll 5 at Portman Rd!!!

Chris Sutton in the Q final of the FA cup. at Carrow road in March 1992 vs Southampton An unbelievable game. A mis hit shot and Sutton somehow loops in the header  . Still one of the best games I have ever seen, as it had everything. And we won. In extra time. To get to the FA cup semi.

Thought the roof was coming off the place that night.

More recently Safri''s goal in off the underside of the bar, and of course Jacksons against Derby.

I also remember MacDougall scoring a header against West Ham in a 1.0 win and hanging off the net in celebration. December 1975

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Hee hee JDF...

I remember when Safri first hit the shot I shouted out:

"For god''s sake Safri don''t shoot from th.............................................................

:)[/quote]

Haha. I said exactly the same thing Thirsty. Needless to say I had egg on my face when it when screaming in off the bar!

HampsteadCanary:

"The Zola cup back heel was nice too!"

I was at Stamford Bridge for that too Hamstead, and it did cross my mind. But although I can appreciate that it was a fantastic goal, the fact it was scored against us means it could never be a favourite for me.

Flecky in some Micky Mouse cup competition, circa 86/87, at the old Den in south east London. Gunny gave it the big hoof upfield from a goal kick and the ball bounced at a nice height for Flecky to hit it first time with a superb volley to beat the Millwall keeper all ends up (he probably shot from about 18 yards out). If that rat Suarez scored one as good as that you wouldn''t hear the end of it for years!! If my memory serves me right, I think Robert Rosario finished the game in goal.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Iwan Roberts. His goal sent 35,000 Norwich fans crazy. Aided by the closed roof, I''ve never heard noise like it. A goal that had everything.[/quote]Playoff final btw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc-hkYNENss   goal at 1.38 if you can stomach it![/quote]

It was amazing.  You could sense he was going to score as the Birmingham defence were stretched and the cross looked perfect. From our end it was like nothing I can remember, like watching a slow motion film, Roberts in space, the ball heading for his head and you just knew that 99 times out of a 100 he would score.  And he didn''t disappoint.

That goal is pretty high on my list too. 

[/quote]

what a cross from Notman, sadly that was really it for his career. a shame as I think he would have been a hell of a player for us, popular with the fans, one of the unluckiest players in the world as always used to hit the bar or see the keeeper make the save of his life whenever he shot!

Injury did for him at only about 23/24 and what a shame...

Hucks v MK Dons away (in their old ground). Can''t remember who lofted the ball in, but it was a huge "hoof" forwards, and Hucks must have changed position 3 or 4 times as he watched it come over and then hit a great volley straight into the net.....