Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Paddy Davit..nail on head !!

That really is just your opinion LDC, and it''s very much in the minority now.

I haven''t posted on here for a while, the bickering was crazing me, but wern''t you in the out camp after the Citeh debacle? What on earth have you seen since to change your mind?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]That really is just your opinion LDC, and it''s very much in the minority now.

I haven''t posted on here for a while, the bickering was crazing me, but wern''t you in the out camp after the Citeh debacle? What on earth have you seen since to change your mind?[/quote]

I thought that the ManU cup game was actually worse than the Man City 7-0.   I can''t explain it, but I was so angry after that match - and I guessed we''d be tonked at City so that wasn''t a surprise.     It seemed an ideal opporunity to show some spark and attack - as we did in cup games against Peterborough and Bury and even Watford.  But we went in to that looking so pathetic I thought that was it.   And the Man City game compounded it. The Liverpool game too. 

However, if you look at our record since the Liverpool match - we have not shipped too many goals - so the ship has been steadied.  We are still not scoring enough - but Hooper is up to it - we''ve seen that.  I think RVW is going to score soon - the composure and technique he showed in that shot from outside the box, with very little space to manouvre was terrific.   I also think that injuries have been a problem. 

That said, I do think that the time for sacking Hughton this season has past.   The board have had the opportunity to sack him if they wanted before now.  That they haven''t really shows that there is no viable or sensible alternative  - so we have to weather the storm, get players fit, get one or two in top strengthen the squad - and hope we pick up enough points to see us safe.  

Anyone can see what a lottery it is this season with six points separating the bottom ten clubs and just sacking a manager does not guarantee any instant improvement. 

Its gone beyond an argument for quality/style/tactics - something most of the loudmouths on here don''t seem to have taken on board - its down to getting to the end of the season with enough points to stay up.  Win a game we''re towards mid-table, lose a game we''re down near the bottom - and so it is for all ten clubs. 

This board is very amusing but sometimes rather disturbing!

Fortunately it is only used by the vocal minority and no way represents the vast majority of supporters who understand that we are in the hardest league in the world , have had a lot of injuries and are only 3 points from tenth.

If we finish tenth I will be over the moon.

If we finish 17th I will be over the moon.

There is bugger all difference between the team in tenth and the team in 17th, just a bit of kudos and money.

oh dearkudos !teams finishing in 10th tend to have escaped relegation fears weeks earlier - 17th means you are bad enough to be relegatedmoney ?perhaps an extra £7m matters little to you but if you check the annual accounts I think you''ll find that bonuses paid to directors and playing staff based on finishing place does matternot so much keepthefaith as keeptheidiocy

I hate to say it but LCD is right. If the board were going to act they would have done it by now, so barring a catastrophic run of results he is going to be here till the end of the season. Lets just hope he can get the results we need and then hopefully the board will review his position in the summer.

Cry 1st,( could not be bothered to re type it correct cause the name seemed apt)

10th place is 3 points above relegation. Likely to sty like that so will not be safe weeks before the end. All of the bottom 10 will be in the mix with 2 games to play.

Exciting stuff is it not?

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 13/01/2014 9:46 PM:

Cry 1st,( could not be bothered to re type it correct cause the name seemed apt)

10th place is 3 points above relegation. Likely to sty like that so will not be safe weeks before the end. All of the bottom 10 will be in the mix with 2 games to play.

Exciting stuff is it not?

If we are ''in the mix'' with 2 games to play then we are likely to be going down. So no it''s not exciting.

[quote user="lake district canary"]You lot have your heads so far up your backsides you can''t read a post and respond with any reasoned argument.  I repeat - this is the wrong time to sack a manager - THE WRONG TIME.  Its too late this season to change - he is here to stay, for better or worse. It would be folly to expect a new man to come in and change things in just a few weeks. 

Get used to it.

[/quote]

When is the right time.

Most happy clappers said give him 10 games, then a few more then one more etc etc.

He should have gone before the start of the season.

He didn''t but he should go now.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]This board is very amusing but sometimes rather disturbing!

Fortunately it is only used by the vocal minority and no way represents the vast majority of supporters who understand that we are in the hardest league in the world , have had a lot of injuries and are only 3 points from tenth.

If we finish tenth I will be over the moon.

If we finish 17th I will be over the moon.

There is bugger all difference between the team in tenth and the team in 17th, just a bit of kudos and money.[/quote]

Do you go to games. I don''t know anyone who goes and sits around me who still wants Hughton here

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Cry 1st,( could not be bothered to re type it correct cause the name seemed apt)

Exciting stuff is it not?[/quote]
I think you''ll find 10th place is currently 5 points above the relegation zone. If that is in fact what you meant? It was hard to decipher most of your post.

I wonder if any of them realise that journalists are in the business of selling media not the balanced truth.

I wonder if they know which sides are not heavily subsidised.

I wonder if know how much impact a manager has

Please tell me they are just trolling. Why do people do that. They really can''t be that naive can they?

[quote user="T"]I wonder if any of them realise that journalists are in the business of selling media not the balanced truth. I wonder if they know which sides are not heavily subsidised. I wonder if know how much impact a manager has Please tell me they are just trolling. Why do people do that. They really can''t be that naive can they?[/quote]

Well of all the people to ask those questions you should now the answers[;)]

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]

Not been many good ones. [/quote]

you sound like some kind of pantomime red indian

and you''ve been a fan and watched all these games ............. and only registered here a few weeks backnot so much keep the faith ... as keep the list of login names, methinks

Could be time for some ironic Hughton chanting at the next home game.

''He''s so nice it''s unbelievable!''

''We''re Norwich. We draw if we can''

We''re gonna draw in a minute, draw in a minute...

I suppose you could call it inverted protest.

Do you reckon Hootan took a really nasty foul in the middle of the pitch during his playing career ?Because there is a large 40% space of the pitch he refuses to let his players use or enter.

Or you could maybe stop whining like a b1tch?
Stop going to games to free and free up a ticket for someone who wants to?

But Morty, everyone supports the team in a different way. Personally I want to support the team and do, but have lost faith in the manager.If we were a third world country the military coup would have won 6 months ago !

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Why is it the wrong time to sack Clueless ? sacking him tomorrow would increase our chances of beating Hull tenfold.[/quote]
Wow, if this is true, what are we waiting for?
I assume you have some facts to back this up?

[quote user="basil brush"]Could be time for some ironic Hughton chanting at the next home game.

I suppose you could call it inverted protest.[/quote]

kick it offthrow it awayavoid any scrimmageaim to be lowbackward rushback off he does crystay off the ball cityand never mind the dangersteady on nows their chance ooh (f^^^) they scored again

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="basil brush"]Could be time for some ironic Hughton chanting at the next home game.

kick it offthrow it awayavoid any scrimmageaim to be lowbackward rushback off he does crystay off the ball cityand never mind the dangersteady on nows their chance ooh (f^^^) they scored again

[/quote]Actually quite amusing. Could change the "and never mind the danger" for "we make our own danger"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Why is it the wrong time to sack Clueless ? sacking him tomorrow would increase our chances of beating Hull tenfold.[/quote]
Wow, if this is true, what are we waiting for?
I assume you have some facts to back this up?
[/quote]What are we waiting for indeed , hes had a year longer now than he has deserved , the guys a total utter fuckwit

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="basil brush"]Could be time for some ironic Hughton chanting at the next home game.

[/quote]Actually quite amusing. Could change the "and never mind the danger" for "we make our own danger"[/quote]feel free to amend as you wish

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Simply a bang on thread. Davitt is a fair independent journalist and over this season and indeed last tried to defend Hughton''s tactics albeit seemingly as devils advocate.

When learning of our signing today, I thought that''s it, we are now stuck with Hughton. Discovering it''s a loan deal, stupidly maybe, I feel his job is still not safe.

Certainly our coaches have no intention of changing their basic zonal philosophy.

Oh and just wait when The Chemical Bros Nutty and Morty latch onto this thread :-)[/quote]Davitt''s piece is best read in conjunction with Bradley Johnson''s post-Everton interview, which was a striking criticism of the way the manager''s tactics worked in practice in that match. So you have two people with a professional interest in and knowledge of affairs at Carrow Road - and with a need to be able to justify what what they say - painting a similarly worrying picture.But not a decisive one. There has never been an obvious time this season for Hughton to be sacked. The factors and circumstances under which any replacement has a good chance of making a marked difference have not obtained. And since the time available to a new manager (including time before the transfer window) is one of those factors I don''t believe they now can. I would be amazed if there was a change before the end of the season. Sorry, Bury.

Im amused by the "Outers are a tiny group cuz at the game nobody wants him out".

I sure hope AT the game the fans are cheering, not griping. Sadly, at the games there ain''t much cheering going on, just silence.

I bet on the walk home the discord gets more pronounced as fans wander home wondering "what the neck was THAT!?!?!".

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Simply a bang on thread. Davitt is a fair

independent journalist and over this season and indeed last tried to defend

Hughton''s tactics albeit seemingly as devils advocate. When learning of our

signing today, I thought that''s it, we are now stuck with Hughton. Discovering

it''s a loan deal, stupidly maybe, I feel his job is still not safe. Certainly

our coaches have no intention of changing their basic zonal philosophy. Oh and

just wait when The Chemical Bros Nutty and Morty latch onto this thread

:-)[/quote]

I see CUSDP was looking for me and now my Bury stalker. The pair of you

forget I have a good memory. I remember what''s been said in the water that long

since passed under the bridge. Paddy Davitt? WTF?? Now back in a different time

I remember Richard Balls. Paddy Davitthas written one article? Richard Balls

wrote one every week. Every week for well over a year that is. Firing up the

numbskulls to go on a Worthy out campaign. But then came Grant, then Roeder,

then Gunn. Richard Balls disappeared only to make a re-appearance at St Andrews

Hall and start on Delia. So I wonder... has Paddy Davitt got the stomach for

such a fight? Time will tell...

Now on to my dear old stalker Mr Yellow and the Bury Massive. Last weekend he

was regailing us about how they wouldn''t be renewing their season tickets until

Hughton was gone. Now there''s a thing! Here''s where that good memory comes in

handy again. Because back in 2009 the dear old fella was telling us that the

same Bury Massive wouldn''t renew their season tickets until Delia and MWJ were

gone. So what happened inbetween? I think what happened was we started to win

games. Of course Delia and MWJ were still there but suddenly the Bury Massive

were back in the upper Barclay. Happy to be there until.... yes until we hit

another rocky patch. Now their support once again hangs by a thread and depends

on whether we start winning games. There''s a name for that sort of conditional support ;-)

[quote user="City1st"]kick it offthrow it awayavoid any scrimmageaim to be lowbackward rushback off he does crystay off the ball cityand never mind the dangersteady on nows their chance ooh (f^^^) they scored again[/quote]

Some will think that''s clever or funny.I find that almost treasonous.  It''s the kind of thing an Ipswich fan would write.Bad taste at the least.

Took a break from here last evening , enforced , it has to be said, by the reality of having to earn an honest crust, but glad to see nothing has changed in the intervening 18 hours.Still we have the straight talking from the realist majority, and still we have the paranoia and surrender mentality from Lakey, Nige, Morty and the tiny band of Hughton Inners.It''s funny, isn''t it, how all these lily livered folk were all too happy to cite the media when they were urging caution 2 months ago. "All you Hughton Outers should see what the EDP are saying....stick with Hughton...plenty of time to go" was the essence of their message.But now that the likes of Mr Davitt have amended their message, now it''s "it''s only one article...they are part of a conspiracy..they clearly do not attend the matches etc etc".AS usual, they are entitled to their opinion, however moth eaten it is appearing these days.  They are entitled to it. What they are not entitled to do ,however, is what appears to be their new tactic of dressing up their ideas as ''stats'' ,''fact'' and the like, and patronisingly dismissing the rest (majority) of us as  basing our opinions on knee jerk whim. That, I''m afraid, is not acceptable.