Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Paddy Davit..nail on head !!

lake district canary : treasonous?

Are you serious? It''s light -hearted and probably sums up how a lot of people are currently feeling over our attempts to play football.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Took a break from here last evening , enforced , it has to be said, by the reality of having to earn an honest crust, but glad to see nothing has changed in the intervening 18 hours. Still we have the straight talking from the realist majority, and still we have the paranoia and surrender mentality from Lakey, Nige, Morty and the tiny band of Hughton Inners. It''s funny, isn''t it, how all these lily livered folk were all too happy to cite the media when they were urging caution 2 months ago. "All you Hughton Outers should see what the EDP are saying....stick with Hughton...plenty of time to go" was the essence of their message. But now that the likes of Mr Davitt have amended their message, now it''s "it''s only one article...they are part of a conspiracy..they clearly do not attend the matches etc etc". AS usual, they are entitled to their opinion, however moth eaten it is appearing these days.  They are entitled to it. What they are not entitled to do ,however, is what appears to be their new tactic of dressing up their ideas as ''stats'' ,''fact'' and the like, and patronisingly dismissing the rest (majority) of us as  basing our opinions on knee jerk whim. That, I''m afraid, is not acceptable.[/quote]

As usual you make accusations of a general nature which are not backed up by my posts, at least.  I have been saying that the Hughton out argument is irrelevant at least until the end of the season because to change any manager at this stage would actually be a stupid gamble.   You can disagree with that if you like but don''t rehash old stuff.  It looks as if you aren''t keeping up. [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I have been saying that the Hughton out argument is irrelevant at least until the end of the season because to change any manager at this stage would actually be a stupid gamble.[/quote]Interesting...So we have Ricardo on another thread citing studies which he suggest proves that changing the manager has no significant impact on the final league position of teams that made the change, whereas you''re saying it''s a stupid gamble...Who are we to believe here LDC???I''d argue that if there''s even the vaguest evidence to suggest that making a change does have no noticeable impact on results, then there''s no harm in changing from that perspective, but potentially a lot to be gained from possibly watching enjoyable football again under a different manager, especially if that manager can re-instill the confidence in the players that they seemed to have under Lambert...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]So we have Ricardo on another thread citing studies which he suggest proves that changing the manager has no significant impact on the final league position of teams that made the change, whereas you''re saying it''s a stupid gamble...Who are we to believe here LDC???

[/quote]My point precisely,Indy, though, as usual, Lakey chooses to either fail to understand it or ignore it.But, isn''t that the nature of the Hughton Inners all along ? Cherry pick the sources , stats etc to suit their narrow agenda ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Dummies.  If there is no significant impact - what''s the point in changing?? [/quote]In

the pursuit of getting football which is good to watch and instills

confidence in even our lesser skilled players, rather than the dour,

boring, defensive rubbish we''re watching at the minute...If all else is equal what would you genuinely rather watch - the sort of football we played under Stringer and Walker (and Lambert to some extent), or the stuff we''ve had in the last 18 months under Hughton - no evasions, no excuses or justifications about WHY the manager is setting up as he is - which would you rather watch?I challenge anyone to think that it''s better football to watch under Hughton, so if changing the manager is going to have little to no impact on results- WHY wouldn''t you want to change in order to get something better to watch???

I hedge my bets that IF and a big IF we lose tonight and to Hull even LDC would not be able to stand by Hughton! This is indeed a big week in the week of Hughton and City!

I will just say one thing, regardless of if we are relegated or stay up I want a chnage, Hughton is not moving us on, but stagnating our momentum as a club, he has a negative impact on players and fans and is not what is required here IMO.

We need to bring in a breath of fresh air and if we do stay up thank Mr Hughton for doing a job for us.

LDC was there a point for you during the 21 games we have played where you thought it was the right time for Hughton to move on? I''m interested, as you now say it is too late. So when for you was the right time for all parties?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]LDC was there a point for you during the 21 games we have played where you thought it was the right time for Hughton to move on? I''m interested, as you now say it is too late. So when for you was the right time for all parties?[/quote]

First week in November.  To me things looked at their worst after the ManU in the cup and Man City away matches.  That would have been the time, if at all.  After that we had two close matches, a Liverpool away match which wasn''t as bad a performance overall, appalling as the result was.  Since then we have consolidated somewhat, with less goals against and some good away points.  The Fulham result was hard to take.   If we had won or at least drawn that match we would be feeling a bit better about things now.  

As it is we are one result away from mid table with Hooper and RVW fit, Howson, Tettey, Pilks to come back, Guitierez and maybe one or two more to come in.   I''m still positive about things although I accept it isn''t going to be easy.  

Ok fair enough. At least you say "if at all." As looking back you have clearly asked for CH to be given time, especially around the start of November. But I must commend you on at least standing by your view the whole season, even if we disagree on CH.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Ok fair enough. At least you say "if at all." As looking back you have clearly asked for CH to be given time, especially around the start of November. But I must commend you on at least standing by your view the whole season, even if we disagree on CH.[/quote]

I am only trying to be objective, but the investment of resources and commitment given to this manager have to bear fruit.   Our club can''t afford to chop and change managers like other clubs - it would cost too much of our limited resources every time.   So to me it has always been a long term appointment and if you read Lavanche and Parma Ham''s posts, they describe very well what Hughton is trying to achieve.   That it hasn''t happened well enough yet is clear, but there have been glimpses of what we can do when confident, so we have imo to hold our nerve and  see if things will improve. 

Its easy to say "change the manager" when there are millions of pounds in your rich owner''s pockets, but the reality for our club is somewhat different.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Took a break from here last evening ,

enforced , it has to be said, by the reality of having to earn an honest crust,

but glad to see nothing has changed in the intervening 18 hours.Still we

have the straight talking from the realist majority, and still we have the

paranoia and surrender mentality from Lakey, Nige, Morty and the tiny band of

Hughton Inners.It''s funny, isn''t it, how all these lily livered folk

were all too happy to cite the media when they were urging caution 2 months ago.

"All you Hughton Outers should see what the EDP are saying....stick with

Hughton...plenty of time to go" was the essence of their message.But now

that the likes of Mr Davitt have amended their message, now it''s "it''s only one

article...they are part of a conspiracy..they clearly do not attend the matches

etc etc".AS usual, they are entitled to their opinion, however moth

eaten it is appearing these days.  They are entitled to it. What they are not

entitled to do ,however, is what appears to be their new tactic of dressing up

their ideas as ''stats'' ,''fact'' and the like, and patronisingly dismissing the

rest (majority) of us as  basing our opinions on knee jerk whim. That, I''m

afraid, is not acceptable.[/quote]

Why do you continually make stuff up to discredit other fans? Is this the new tactic since you''ve been found out for making stuff up to discredit the club?

This board is a psychologists wet dream.

Think a few people need to step away from the keyboard