Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

norwich agree deal for Johan Elmander

Elmander is capable of playing n 10 spot as is Toivonen and Quags, but he isn''t fluent passer as Toivonen and doesn''t have long shot of Quags.

Best about Elmander is that he has always been quite cool headed professional what comes to playtime and role. Where Toivonen and Quags are bit of divas by personality.

I still think we should have signed more profilic 10 than what Elmander can be and dont know what Hughton is planning with him, but doubt we will get anymore reinforcement for our four attacking spots in this window.

Anyway nice chap to have in a team and if nothing else can give us quite much improved version of Wilbraham type player who will fight for every ball for those few minutes he gets . At best he can be our new Holt with 15 goals tally ^^

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Looking likely and good news if true.

He represents the experienced head with sound knowledge of the PL that we have been lacking. Plus, he''s a nice guy and is always popular. Regardless of how much game time he''ll get, he''s clearly going to be the steady head and leader of our strike force (we are seeing this kind of thing all over the pitch: Bassong for defense; Elliot Bennett for our wingers; Howson for our Midfield; and Russell Martin with over all charge of the First-Team, as well as a leading role in the Youth set-up).

That said, it actually raises more questions regarding our forward positions.

Will we go with: Hooper, RVP, Becchio & Elmander?

Or, are we still in for either Quagliarella or Toivonen? If so, then does that mean Becchio moves on?

Will it be: Hooper, RVP, Elmander & Toivonen?

Or: Hooper, RVP, Elmander & Quag?

Either of these two are s**thot strike forces!

But, could it even be: Hooper, RVP, Elmander & a striker that we have not heard about yet?

I feel there''s still some surprises to come this transfer window.[/quote]
RVP will definitely be first choice. When is he signing. Hopefully on a free with Man U paying a significant chunk of his wages.

PC wrote - "As a matter of interest which role of those two? The quick-footed Hoolahan link role or the powerful runner role?"

Elmander seems to be a bit of both. If he signs tomorrow and the paperwork is cleared in time I would not be surprised to see him replacing Wes on 60 minutes Saturday.

from the reports in the Swedish press, this looks to be a certain deal and he''s on his way at the moment to sign tomorrow. Presume there will be an official announcement then. Interestingly, though, he''s said that he''s leaving Galatasary because he''s fallen to 3rd choice striker behind Drogba and Burak Yilmas. That suggests he''s expecting to play more often at Norwich - so presumably as the 2nd, deep-lying striker with us. I''d assume, therefore, that we can be fairly sure there won''t be any more strikers or attacking midfielders added to the squad after this.

"As a matter of interest which role of those two? The quick-footed Hoolahan link role or the powerful runner role?"

Sorry for the confusion, Purple, I''d meant the powerful runner.

He''s a strongly built lad. Laudrup regularly used him as the attacking midfielder for Brondby when they did the double, although of course he''s been regularly used since as a striker.

Hughton does appear to like versatility in a player (Whittaker, Olsson, Fer, etc.) and this surely only adds to Elmander''s appeal.

I''d pretty happy with Elmander as competition to Wes. A genuine striker who can play in the hole would hopefully get in decent positions in the box more regularly. That''s my only issue with Wes, hopefully the competition will push him to improve that side of his game.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]His agent just confirmed the deal.

Welcome to Norwich Johan. Although I still wish your first name was Sal.[/quote]Can you link us please?Am I right in saying Elmander is often considered first choice ahead of Toivonen for Sweden? Also, the Swedish Norwich fan on Wotb rates him better. Obviously older too, but lovely feet like that don''t go old.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Norwich let Holt go..... sign a guy the same age, position and type of playerCONSPIRACY [/quote]no

No link, saw it on Twitter...

"Michael Bailey ‏@michaeljbailey 15m

Galatasary technical director Bulent Tulun confirms to SportExpressen.se Johan Elmander is set to join Norwich City. #pinkun #ncfc

Retweeted by pinkun"

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He''ll have to get used to going from Sneijder and Altintop to Johnson and Howson though :-P[/quote]

If in the team he will more than likely being getting used to Fer and Howson behind him.  

I agree this would be a great signing. He''s got PL experience and for the last year he''s been training and playing in the same team as Yilmaz, Sneijder and Drogba! These are top players to learn off and hopefully he can bring his knowledge and goal scoring ability to our team, especially players like Morris can look up to him.

Also I don''t see him as a long term signing, I can him out staying Becchio until he''s gone (who knows when) and that would put us in a good position to improve our strike force again!

This leaves me wondering if Becchio will be in our squad for the rest of the season? He''s a great championship player and still plenty of time in the transfer window for players to come in and out. You never know what McNally and Hughton are planning, but i''d be more than satisfied if we just got another CB.

Betting suspended on sky bet this deal is looking complete....

Hopefully in money saved on not getting quagliarella we will invest in more expensive CB and also think we will be looking at another centre mid to play with Fer

Reading Canary wrote - "There''s a picture doing the rounds on Twitter of him on a Plane "

I linked to that back on page 6. #ITK ;-)

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="PortlandCanary"]His agent just confirmed the deal.

Welcome to Norwich Johan. Although I still wish your first name was Sal.[/quote]Can you link us please?Am I right in saying Elmander is often considered first choice ahead of Toivonen for Sweden? Also, the Swedish Norwich fan on Wotb rates him better. Obviously older too, but lovely feet like that don''t go old.[/quote]Thats right. When fit, Elmander starts every time for Sweden ahead of Toivonen, and they both usually play as a lone striker with Zlatan behind/ second striker.I think he will be a good signing, his workrate is phenomenal, good technique and pace. But I dont see him playing the same role as Hoolahan.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Reading Canary wrote - "There''s a picture doing the rounds on Twitter of him on a Plane "

I linked to that back on page 6. #ITK ;-)[/quote]Ah sorry !Only just got in from work

I would be happy with this, good option to mix things up abit and would bring experience of the top flight that would benefit RVW, Hooper and Becchio. Always use to impress me when he played for Bolton.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]I apologise unreservedly for what is a profound and embarrassing mistake.[/quote]
Respect Militant, Respect. You do not get too many apologies on here.

A tidy addition and hopefully it can be confirmed. A group of four that can be very good, hoping we can get that centre half and begin to look at a midfield option.

Either way good news that hopefully can be confirmed tomorrow and we can continue looking for players and maybe move another on. Surely foxy must be looking for a move, he ain''t going to play here

"A group of four that can be very good, hoping we can get that centre half and begin to look at a midfield option."

someone will have to leave to make way for those other two

Ayala replaced by a centre half

? replaced by ''a midfield option " .................. Fox or maybe even Hoolahan ?

"Johan Elmander ‏@Elmander_9 14m

A new career begins tomorrow!.. I''m happy to be back in England. You know more than me, but it''s right. :)

Details

Johan Elmander ‏@Elmander_9 33m

On the way to Norwich City!

Details"

From Twitter...

Welcome to Norwich JE & good luck in your NCFC career. This feels right, we shouldn''t under estimate the quality of this signing, a wealth of experience both in champions league & internationally, we really are starting to look an impressive team with many options to switch to a plan B or C. Well done to all involved.

Looking forward to himImpact sub I would presume (If Hughton has such a thing!)People on Twitter slating his age and the fact he plays for a Turkish club..... we do have some funny old fans don''t we !