Sign in to follow this  
Cricketer

News From The North East Regarding Us

[quote user="birchfest"]Hmmm would be a bigger signing than RVW if it came off[/quote]
He would be a good signing, but I wouldn''t go that far. 
Wouldn''t want to pay £9m for him though, not when they are desperate to get shot of him. 

I enjoyed a day out on this fine summers day today, may i suggest a few others on here do the same occasionally and realise there is life beyond their bedrooms. Nuff said.

New boy are you for real.. I mean I''m excited by the prospect of RVP but Cisse has already proved himself in the top flight and the record he had for the first half season for the toon was outstanding.

He was the worst Forward to visit Carrow Road last year and had a dreadful season.........no thanks

To those who are constantly worried about how much players cost us, their resale value and tell us that "for that price, no from me" I have GREAT NEWS!

You do not have to pay! The club pays! So who on earth cares?

[quote user="birchfest"]New boy are you for real.. I mean I''m excited by the prospect of RVP but Cisse has already proved himself in the top flight and the record he had for the first half season for the toon was outstanding.[/quote]
I was just expressing a different opinion to yours, we don''t need to make a big deal out of this. 
I think that Cisse is a great player, I even said so myself by creating a thread on this very topic just two days ago: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2952972/ShowPost.aspx
Cisse would be an excellent number 10. 
But Van Wolfswinkel is the main man in my opinion, I think he has the natural goalscoring ability to surpass Cisse''s level of performance and ability, and is the obvious candidate to step up and become the next Huntelaar and Van Persie.
Four years ago Cisse was playing in the French second division, so I don''t think I''m being unrealistic to expect Van Wolfswinkel to far surpass Cisse over the next couple of years. 
I''m not attempting to argue with you, just respect the fact that people can have different opinions. 

As in, Cisse was Van Wolfswinkel''s age four years ago, and had scored 0 goals in any top flight division. Van Wolfswinkel has already been prolific in Portugal and Eredivisie, I would expect him to be a much better player than Cisse by the time he is 27/28. It is just an opinion ;)

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Anyone who thinks that Cisse would want to come here is quite frankly mad![/quote]
Why? Newcastle is the biggest club he has ever played for, he didn''t play top flight football until he was 24, and he made his debut in European competition last season. He is said to be on £40k a week.
Is this little old Norwich syndrome again? We''ve already got higher profile players for goodness sake. He isn''t Adriano!!

Who''s Adriano, surely not the ex-Inter striker who got kicked out for cocaine abuse...

oh and yes would love Cisse here but sadly can''t see it. Totally support his stance over Wonga and I can categorically state that the vast majority of European Muslims would have no problem with a company like Aviva, insurance although not exactly halal is seen as a necessary evil, ie: to drive a car insurance is necessary etc

Anyone who feels Hooper is worth a larger transfer fee than cisse or would rather have Hooper loses all credibility in my eyes

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Anyone who feels Hooper is worth a larger transfer fee than cisse or would rather have Hooper loses all credibility in my eyes[/quote]
And not a single person on this thread has said that.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Anyone who feels Hooper is worth a larger transfer fee than cisse or would rather have Hooper loses all credibility in my eyes[/quote]
And not a single person on this thread has said that.[/quote]

Not said but heavily implied

[quote user="The New Boy"]No way would I want him for £9m. Half the clubs in the league would offend his religious beliefs, and it is probably the same with overseas leagues too.<div><br></div><div>Was thinking more along the lines of £4m personally. </div>[/quote]

With Zipper that Cisse is worth far more that Hooper and you''ve said Hooper is only worth around £4mil in other posts. I''d much rather have a proven Premiership goal scorer/reputation than a wannabe. People complain Cisse had a bad season last year but people also grumble Holt has gone but had an even worse one than his previous one. Too many unhappy posters wanting the world for a little.

Cisse would be a massive signing but alas, we are still little Norwich. I''d expect another Argentine other Cisse to appear to be honest and still wouldn''t grumble at. Hughton may be able to pull either off, prefer Cisse but more chance of the latter.

[quote user="Thorny"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Anyone who feels Hooper is worth a larger transfer fee than cisse or would rather have Hooper loses all credibility in my eyes[/quote]
And not a single person on this thread has said that.[/quote]

Not said but heavily implied

[quote user="The New Boy"]No way would I want him for £9m. Half the clubs in the league would offend his religious beliefs, and it is probably the same with overseas leagues too.<div><br></div><div>Was thinking more along the lines of £4m personally. </div>[/quote]

With Zipper that Cisse is worth far more that Hooper and you''ve said Hooper is only worth around £4mil in other posts. I''d much rather have a proven Premiership goal scorer/reputation than a wannabe. People complain Cisse had a bad season last year but people also grumble Holt has gone but had an even worse one than his previous one. Too many unhappy posters wanting the world for a little.

Cisse would be a massive signing but alas, we are still little Norwich. I''d expect another Argentine other Cisse to appear to be honest and still wouldn''t grumble at. Hughton may be able to pull either off, prefer Cisse but more chance of the latter.

[/quote]
Two days ago I created a thread on Papiss Cisse in which not many people contributed, the basis of which was that I thought there was potential here for a real bargain because half of the clubs in this league (and probably most other European leagues) also have sponsors which might offend a conservative muslim. That thread is here: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2952972/ShowPost.aspx
It would be a bit of a stretch to imply that I would rather have Hooper here, when it was me who was suggesting Papiss Cisse just two days ago, don''t you think? Any quotes that I have made about Hooper have pre-dated any talk on here about Cisse. The Wonga problem has only escalated in the past few days. 
I also did not expressly state that £4m is the most I would want us to pay for him, but rather that I''d be hoping that we could get him for significantly less than the £9m that Newcastle originally paid for him, considering that his options are going to be very limited and Newcastle are going to want todesperately get him off the wage bill (he will never kick a ball for them again). 
Particularly as the rumours are circulating that Newcastle are after Gignac and Gomis for £15m. I believe, as I have stated in that thread two days ago, that Gomis is a top class striker. So I would most certainly be a little disappointed if Newcastle managed to squeeze enough money out of us for Cisse to buy Gomis with change. If I had to choose one it would be Gomis. The difference between the two is one player who has one year of European football and a few good years in top leagues, and a player who has been playing champions league football for five years and is the current holder for fastest ever Champions league hat-trick. 
Besides, if the story is true, and Norwich have been quoted £9m for him, then if Hughton / McNally feel he is worth that £9m then they would pay it wouldn''t they? We will have to wait and see won''t we? I think it is entirely possible that they would feel there are many other options out there with a budget that significant, as do Newcastle clearly..... if £7.5m for Gomis and £7.5m for Gignac is true. 
I would love to see Cisse here, if that''s who Hughton decides he wants for the money, but I would most certainly expect Newcastle to take a bit of a hit on the £9m that they paid for him, particularly after a very average season (same goal tally in the PL as Grant Holt last season).
I don''t think we need to say that every quality striker is worth £9m and everybody is stupid if they don''t see it is money well spent. There are lots of quality strikers on the market, lots of strikers that would be available for £9m, and Hughton will ultimately be the one who decides which ones we go for. 
I actually personally doubt that we will spend £9m on a single striker, because I think we need two of them, and if Hooper for £5m means enough in the pot to sign somebody like Maxi Lopez then I''d be happy with that too. 

Just to clarify, it is my desire that we sign two strikers. None of us know how much Hughton can set aside for strikers. 
If he has £15m to spend on strikers then great, go and blow £9m on one. If he has £10m, then no I absolutely would not want him to spend it all on one player. 
None of us really know what is a good idea and what is a bad idea, because none of us know how much Hughton has to spend. I think most of believe that we still need a midfielder and a defender. 
We all have different opinions, but I wouldn''t be able to say that spending £9m on a striker is a good idea unless I knew whether it meant being left with three strikers instead of four. Neither can any of us, really. 

The only thing i am certain of is my shock at hoots and mcnasty selling holty and letting jacko and vaughan go without havng ready made replacements lined up.

Whe the holt deal was anounced i expected us to unveil a new striker at the same time or at worst 24hrs later.

Theres still time yes, but given the volume of strikers were supposed to be linked with it smacks a little of desperation i think and one that must be giving hoots and co restless nights, if it isnt then it blumin well should be!

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Anyone who thinks that Cisse would want to come here is quite frankly mad![/quote]
Why? Newcastle is the biggest club he has ever played for, he didn''t play top flight football until he was 24, and he made his debut in European competition last season. He is said to be on £40k a week.
Is this little old Norwich syndrome again? We''ve already got higher profile players for goodness sake. He isn''t Adriano!!
[/quote]

When he started playing top flight football and his current wages are irrelevant.

IF he was available for transfer I am sure that a long list of bigger clubs with bigger wallets would take his preference!

@ clarkey - agree with that. We need three strikers, or two if we keep Becchio. Given we failed to acquire strikers in the previous two transfer windows it is a real worry, especially when we''ve sold our only PL proven goal-scorer.

[quote user="The New Boy"]No way would I want him for £9m. Half the clubs in the league would offend his religious beliefs, and it is probably the same with overseas leagues too.
Was thinking more along the lines of £4m personally. 
[/quote]Surely. anybody can see this issue is nothing to do with religious beliefs as he has worn other bank-sponsored shirts without complaint. It''s just a way to get away from the cold frozen North.  Proven in the Prem !!!!  Take him on !!!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]@ clarkey - agree with that. We need three strikers, or two if we keep Becchio. Given we failed to acquire strikers in the previous two transfer windows it is a real worry, especially when we''ve sold our only PL proven goal-scorer.[/quote]

I''m expecting to see quality new strikers come in, would share your concerns if this doesn''t prove to be the case.

22 goals in 32 Bundesliga appearances for Freiburg and 21 in 50 PL appearances for Newcastle with 4 goals in 10 european games, also 14 in 26 for Senegal. That''s a top class record of 61 goals in 118 games (a goal every other game)! For those wanting a PL proven goalscorer, he scored as many as Holty did last year. 9 million is steep, but that''s what you pay for a proven PL goalscorer, pretty paltry sum compared to the kind of cash flashed around for the likes of Andy Carroll and less than Chelsea paid for Chris Sutton 14 years ago!! Where''s the negative?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The New Boy"]No way would I want him for £9m. Half the clubs in the league would offend his religious beliefs, and it is probably the same with overseas leagues too.

Was thinking more along the lines of £4m personally. 

[/quote]

Surely. anybody can see this issue is nothing to do with religious beliefs as he has worn other bank-sponsored shirts without complaint. It''s just a way to get away from the cold frozen North.  Proven in the Prem !!!!  Take him on !!!
[/quote]

What have Banks got to do with this?

Ha funny that I wasn''t really starting argument, more just entering into discussion. I hope RVW does become the main man, however this is speculation rather than cold hard facts, Cissie would be a huge coup for the club and no doubt we would have some stiff competition for him. Just couldn''t see him wanting to come to us... Also would Aviva count as a banking sponsor?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

What have Banks got to do with this?

[/quote]

Live to learn that religious muslims will not tolerate eating pork, nor drinking alcohol, nor accept loans where there is interest to be paid.

Now,us westerners will say this is madness in our time and day, and perhaps it is, but it is still the official reason why Cisse wants away from Newcastle.

Cisse seem very "moral" about this, but he probably won´t find it immoral picking up 50k per week playing ball (or in this case, sulking in the corner)

9m is steep, but Cisse has it in him to be a quality player! I can''t really blame him for his form when you thonk how bad newcastle were last season. I''d take him, and at that price too.

If we were to sign him I''d be very happy - he had a poor season last season compared to the season before, but I seem to recollect Newcastle changed some of their formations and/or tactics that made him less effective.

I rate him and with his current stand-off at Newcastle might we be able to agree a decent fee?

Boot on the other foot, how many of you would feel comfortable at going over to a country where they eat Dog (let''s call it Korth Souea for arguments sake) and playing for a team there who were sponsored by the main dog meat supplier in the country.

Would you find it weird having to wear this shirt and shake hands with the directors of such an establishment at corporate events etc when you are so strongly against what they stand for?

I myself would not be happy if Norwich had Wonga on their shirts and I would refuse to wear one. I am not religious but this is a rare occasion whereby I agree with them. If we had a responsible lender on our shirts and not one that preys on the most vulnerable people in our country then I''d be happy enough, but Wonga and all these type companies are a disgrace and should be outlawed.

I agree, religion aside the sponsor is a disgrace and I would not wear it either - glad we have a reputable sponsor such as AVIVA (even if they are HIGHLY expensive)