Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

If we change our manager tomorrow we stay up. Discuss.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Three winnable games coming up, everything to play for, why would we need to change our manger? 

[/quote]

Are you stupid?

Because the manager we have got can not inspire, can not do tactics, can not pick a team, leaves form players from the last match out (Bennett vs Arsenal), and generally has a doom look about him.

No charisma.

Hughton can not buy a win, and I can easily see us ending up with just a few more points this season, maybe 2 draws.

Imagine the pressure on the players for the Reading game. ANd how will we score there, when we have been playing so defensively the last 17 games, and almost not scored a goal.

Suddenly you expect us to hit the goal trail vs Reading?

I really want to see this before I believe it.

Hughton has got us buried in a negative ditch, and we can not turn it around.

We are not brave enough to get some luck either, as you make your own luck by trying, but we are not trying either. We just contain, and hope other teams fail.

Well...

How do you explain Wolves and Reading Mr Beard? On balance I think sides do worse immediately after a change of manager.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Three winnable games coming up, everything to play for, why would we need to change our manger? 

[/quote]

I''m interested in what constitutes a "winnable" game. How about 15 of our last 16 that included Wigan, Sunderland, Southampton, Fulham, QPR, Luton, Newcastle, West Brom and Swansea.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well...

How do you explain Wolves and Reading Mr Beard? On balance I think sides do worse immediately after a change of manager.

[/quote]

How do you explain QPR, Southampton, Sunderland, oh and that lot down the road Mr Nigel? 

Dont forget we are talking here about two wins, That is all the OP refers to . And it says discuss, not leap on the poster immediately.  

And we will leave Reading as a discussion point until next week shall we? So far the New Manager has lost at Man U and drawn with Liverpool.

Yep what you said grefstad and GPB.

That bloke Geoff on Carrot Call was ridiculed by McSmall. He made his case calmly but McSmall ridiculed him rather like the usual lot on this board. The same McSmall who licked the backside of Lambo but can''t quite reach those heightst (depths) with Hoots other than keep the faith.

As it happens, stupidly perhaps, I think we should stay up and we were cheated out of at least a point yesterday. I can''t, however, identify with those who think Hoots is the messiah cos he aint.

If we stay up he should be given until October, if we get relegated we should seriously look at a change. He has made some good signings but the tactics and overall body language of the team is poor. Beat Reading and I think we will get a result at Stoke. Lets hope for a defeat today ''Come on you Reds''

Never mind I''m sure Nutty and his mates have some uplifting comments to make

I wouldn''t draw too many conclusions from Di Canio''s impact.

Newcastle played a European game in the week whereas Sunderland had a week''s rest.

Newcastle scored a legitimate equaliser when they were dominating the second half and probably would have gone on to win if it had been rightly permitted.

It was a derby game when any result is possible - especially against Newcastle who are hardly pulling up trees this season.

Sacking Hughton would almost be as much of a mistake as putting all our January eggs in one Hooper basket and coming away with no money spent, one lone striker from the MLS and a direct bench warming replacement for Morison.

As other have said sacking managers late in the season did little for Reading, Wolves and Newcastle in recent years.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I''m extremely happy to continue with Hughton especially after yesterday.

Until a dubious (!) penalty we were on course to win yesterday.[/quote]Exactly.Reading some peoples opinions on here is like being punched in the face with stupid.

when Di Canio took over at Sunderland ,I said at the time I''d rather have him in charge of our last 7 games than Hughton, and I''ll stick by that.

Ultimately its all about who you replace a manager with, I remember in ''95 ,Deehan took the noble decision to resign with a similar number of games left to what he have now as he didnt think he could stem the poor run of results, unfortuntaly his coach Megson couldnt help us as he was just the same voice in the changing room, rather like Connor at Wolves last season.

The old saying is that if you can''t be a good manager be a lucky one............I''m not sure if Hughton is either?

[quote user="SYG"]So who would you get to take over then?...[/quote]

I shink I''d get ew Hollaway! He knew how to keep teams up playing attractive football buh!

*Relegated Blackpool and  Leicester from the champ but we''ll just forget that....*

The fact QPR have been used as a good example of changing manager is pretty laughable.

As stated, I''d love to know who is going to come in and do better.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well...

[/quote]

How do you explain QPR, Southampton, Sunderland, oh and that lot down the road Mr Nigel? 

Dont forget we are talking here about two wins, That is all the OP refers to . And it says discuss, not leap on the poster immediately.  

And we will leave Reading as a discussion point until next week shall we? So far the New Manager has lost at Man U and drawn with Liverpool.

[/quote]

I thought I was discussing it. Or did you mean anyone except nutty discuss?

If you''re saying that the short term results after a change in manager always improve things then I reckon you''re wrong. There was a study done that proved the opposite was true. If I get time I''ll look for it but I remember it because of a discussion we had on Rays Funds about it.

Perhaps you and your yellow buddy would be better off private messaging if alternative views aren''t welcome...

now is too latewe should have sacked the useless w@nker after he sent them out with 5 extra reverse gears in the pre season games, all those that could see it coming got b1tched at on here

[quote user="Olly"]The fact QPR have been used as a good example of changing manager is pretty laughable. As stated, I''d love to know who is going to come in and do better.[/quote]

Olly you are missing the point of the post. The point is.... do we have more chance of getting to 40 points with a new manager, with the bounce that may (or may not) occur,  or not. Using QPR, if you care to check your facts, was that Rednap gained 6 points from his first 5 games in charge. We have 5 games left.

Now then, for the hard of understanding, lets look at what this thread is NOT about.

• Who we should get instead.
  • What happened to Wolves last season.   
  • I hate Hughton.
  • Let''s argue the toss

It is simply asking the question that if you were McNally, would you change the manager TO KEEP US UP, nothing else. Or to put this more simply, do we have more chance of securing the necessary points with Hughton (1 win in 15) or a new manager? If you think that Hughton will do it fine, just say so.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought I was discussing it. Or did you mean anyone except nutty discuss?

If you''re saying that the short term results after a change in manager always improve things then I reckon you''re wrong. There was a study done that proved the opposite was true. If I get time I''ll look for it but I remember it because of a discussion we had on Rays Funds about it.

Perhaps you and your yellow buddy would be better off private messaging if alternative views aren''t welcome...

[/quote]

That''s got to be the most bizzare post I''ve ever read Nutty. Who on earth is my "yellow buddy" ?  

[quote user="Olly"]The fact QPR have been used as a good example of changing manager is pretty laughable. As stated, I''d love to know who is going to come in and do better.[/quote]

What are Redknapp and Hughton''s comparative records, from the date he took over at QPR??

[quote user="technika"]now is too latewe should have sacked the useless w@nker after he sent them out with 5 extra reverse gears in the pre season games, all those that could see it coming got b1tched at on here

[/quote]Lol. Yet if we''d held on (i.e if we''d had a proper lino) you''d be singing his praises.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Olly you are missing the point of the post. The point is.... do we have more chance of getting to 40 points with a new manager, with the bounce that may (or may not) occur,  or not. Using QPR, if you care to check your facts, was that Rednap gained 6 points from his first 5 games in charge. We have 5 games left.

Now then, for the hard of understanding, lets look at what this thread is NOT about.

• I hate Hughton.

• Let''s argue the toss

It is simply asking the question that if you were McNally, would you change the manager TO KEEP US UP, nothing else. Or to put this more simply, do we have more chance of securing the necessary points with Hughton (1 win in 15) or a new manager? If you think that Hughton will do it fine, just say so.

[/quote]

Why isn''t it? Or is it just about the times when a new manager has a positive affect.

Now that IS bizzarre.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

• I hate Hughton.

• Let''s argue the toss

[/quote]

Why isn''t it? Or is it just about the times when a new manager has a positive affect.

Now that IS bizzarre.

[/quote]

Christ Nutty I give up. I can see how you get to nearly 20,000 posts now. You are exhausting. I''m off to speak to any one of the 40,000 other people that live in Bury , all of whom are personal friends. Bye.

No No No dont give up GPB. Nutty and his mates are a magical bunch.

Looking down on the likes of us who dare to suggest there is an alternative. You must remember twas Nutty who was criticising McNally earlier in the season. You must remember twas Nutty who has continually lauded Delia for her foresight in employing McNally and Bowkett. I rest my case m''lord.

Nutty, I''ve said before and not wishing to sound slightly grovelly I''m sure you''re a really good old boy and we would have a good laugh over a pint but please credit some of us with a sense of humour, a different perspective of the club and manager and perhaps alternative knowledge.

Hey Stoke losing so Huzzah!!