Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Never felt so much anger.........

towards my so called fellow Norwich supporters..........

We have been spoilt rotten in recent times and now all you hear are the non stop petulent gripes of our so called supporters. Yes, it''s not all of you but it is the noisy few!

So this does not turn into a rant let me give you a few facts. 

This year we have had little money to spend in comparrison to others as we had to pay our depts off.

Our side is made of of mostly championship players who last year managed to stay up using using the momentum and confidence from gaining back to back promotions. This year was always going to be tougher and we were always going to be in the bottom 6.

CH has come in and sorted out the defence which was in a mess as Lambert has no clue in this area. Had he not we would be bottom of the table.

Yes, we would ahve been bottom of the table because our championship midfield and forwards no longer have the momentum from 2 promotions saesons. These players cannot cut it and have been found wanting this year.

CH tactics are not to draw and not negative. I know this is hard to accept but the players are the ones that are not cutting it this year and that should not be a surprise to us all. Today we played 4 4 1 1 AWAY which is not negative. Hoolahan lost the ball so many times - including that stupid back pass that led to the goal today. I love the guy but can we afford to play him!

CH had no choice but to start form the back because the whole team needs raplacing if we are to become an established modern PL team on a sound financial footing.

I have been to about half the home games this season. I could go to most of the remaining home games but do not think I can tolerate the negative support that seems to creep in when the going gets tough and it is this type of support that this club can do without.

The over the top reaction of supporters on canary call calling for CH to go. The posters on here going into doom mode everytime we loose a game. The negative vibes form supporters at home games. THIS is what will send us down!!

I implore you all to get behind the team, the club, the manager, the ball boys and help us get across the line. THAT is what real support is about - through thick and thin. We need 6 points out of a possible 21. The team under the guidence of CH are very capable of doing this WITH our support. Without our support it willl be much harder.

We are capable of beating anybody in the PL but anybody in the PL is capable of beating us. I am not surprised we lost today AWAY at wigan who ARE an established PL team........... stop thinking we have a right to beat these teams cause we do not.

Get a grip, realise our limitations, get exceited by the future ambition shown by the club and SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!

PLEASE!

Totally agree. It is all about survival and then the future is bright. We all need to keep our nerve a few more points will do it and 4 home games to get behind the team and give it a good go. we may lose a couple but if we manage to win one and draw 1 i am sure that will do

Sometimes you should raise up from the soil and direct a little criticism, particularly towards those that are unwilling to see the truth. This board is dominated by anal viewers who seek to stifle real open debate about our team and their fortunes, they do the club no favours!

I wouldn''t class myself as one of the "noisy few" that you refer to, but the majority of that post isn''t "a few facts" whatsoever. It''s opinion.

I agree with most of the points you make, but they''re still our opinions. Not facts as you suggest.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]This post reminds me of the old Keep the Faith - Worthy Out posts.
[/quote]

And that worked out well.....

Those players you criticise have really had a chance under Hughton, haven''t they, or played to their weaknesses if able to get any game time at all through rotation.

We are predictable and limited by a predictable and limited manager who sees our club in a certain context, he did it again today saying clubs like us look to their home games.

Chris Hughon you surely will ''always be Spurs'' as the song goes. Norwich City Football Club is too good for you and your coaching team.

Norwich rat - when Swansea appointed a new manager theirs was a continuation project and to keep the good work going. Bear in mind they finished one position above us so why Hughton has been so radical in tactics and team choices leaves me wondering why he needed to change so much of the team as you put it?

Newcastle decided to do away with hughton because of his negativity around the dressing room. While he has brought in several better players he has made us boring to watch, goal shy and negative. If you want to shout about the noises from the minority why don''t you just do your own shouting rather than trying to convince others?

The table doesn''t lie and lambert s team will finish above us because he can motivate his team a lot better than Hughton (although Hughton might talk a better defensive game)

The players will give you a lot but the manager has to take some of the blame/credit.

canaryfan68 :

"Newcastle decided to do away with hughton because of his negativity around the dressing room."

And you know this because ...

It''s a possibility canaryfan, there certainly is a very negative attitude in the way we play

"It''s a possibility canaryfan, there certainly is a very negative attitude in the way we play "

You are 1st Wizard & I claim my £10.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]It appears first rule of this board is never never ever criticise the club, manager and players... Oh except Grant Holt. Pah![/quote]

I don''t think that''s right. I just see the same people changing their criticisms to suit the game we played. Interestingly this week Rudolph hasn''t regaled us with his cycling fitness regime in comparison to Holty.

I never wanted Holty benched or Snodgrass moved from his most effective position on the right. Why was I wrong?

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Norwich rat - when Swansea appointed a new manager theirs was a continuation project and to keep the good work going. Bear in mind they finished one position above us so why Hughton has been so radical in tactics and team choices leaves me wondering why he needed to change so much of the team as you put it? Newcastle decided to do away with hughton because of his negativity around the dressing room. While he has brought in several better players he has made us boring to watch, goal shy and negative. If you want to shout about the noises from the minority why don''t you just do your own shouting rather than trying to convince others? The table doesn''t lie and lambert s team will finish above us because he can motivate his team a lot better than Hughton (although Hughton might talk a better defensive game) The players will give you a lot but the manager has to take some of the blame/credit.[/quote]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!!

OK - let''s try and and look at your post without your "anti Hughton" glasses on!

Swansea - they were a bit more established in the Championship before they got promoted the year we did and had a continuation of their playing philosophy handed down from Martinez, through Rodgers and onto Laudrup. By contrast, Lambert''s Norwich were "up and at em" to quote Corporal Jones! All well and good as a "one off" but has no sustainability - hence when PL found an opportunity to "go a wenting", he went. Interesting the different paths the 2 promoted managers went on - Rodgers talents were recognised and Liverpool snapped him up - whilst PL''s talents of turning league 1 and championship players into one season wonders were snapped up by a Villa who were desperate to cut costs!

Newcastle - "decided to do away with hughton because of his negativity around the dressing room" - I beg your pardon? Not wishing to castr aspersions on your current reading material, but are you perhaps still reading from the great tome of a certain Mr Andersen? (the Hans Christian variety) or have you migrated to those 2 brothers called Grimm?

Thirdly, your observation that "the table doesn''t lie and lambert s team will finish above us because he can motivate his team a lot better than Hughton..." - what makes you think that - PL has been at AV longer than CH has been at Norwich - and for all his motivational skills, Villa are still below us!

Finally, "The players will give you a lot but the manager has to take some of the blame/credit." The one thing that CH does is give the credit to the players when warranted and takes the blame when it goes wrong. However, when he sends a team out, he has every right to expect them to perform, and even when they don''t he still doesn''t criticise them.

Well Nigel, Holt hardly featured today so his rash booking aside, not much to say although on a separate thread I questioned his use of Twitter and national press opinions doing him no favours and wondered whether he is frustrated with Hughon and Co - reading between he lines.

I mentioned that a lot of people, like me, train and have to do so without all the wonderful facilities of full time professionals, some of whom think they are unique. Likewise, it used to make me laugh when they whined about Christmas training and matches and I believe young Bennett got an adverse response this week when he gave his views on benefits.

But as you seem to be interested I have managed 600 miles this month (the coldest March for 50 years or it would have been more) but in all honesty it pales in comparison to others in sport and in life so it''s just anecdotal.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well Nigel, Holt hardly featured today so his rash booking aside, not much to say although on a separate thread I questioned his use of Twitter and national press opinions doing him no favours and wondered whether he is frustrated with Hughon and Co - reading between he lines. I mentioned that a lot of people, like me, train and have to do so without all the wonderful facilities of full time professionals, some of whom think they are unique. Likewise, it used to make me laugh when they whined about Christmas training and matches and I believe young Bennett got an adverse response this week when he gave his views on benefits. But as you seem to be interested I have managed 600 miles this month (the coldest March for 50 years or it would have been more) but in all honesty it pales in comparison to others in sport and in life so it''s just anecdotal.[/quote]

LOL

I''m impressed Rudolph! I get out of puff going up the wooden hill to bed.

However you suggesting that your superfit athletic body puts a professional premier league players to shame doesn''t seem to be backed up anywhere except your vivid imagination.

People will always s*it themselves, it just appears to be human nature for many. Pantwetting and all that malarky. Sure, have some concerns..just don''t brick it. We''re not in a death spiral and we''re not getting hammered in games. The only game we really got outplayed and well beaten in recently was away to Man U where we held firm and did well for 60/70 odd minutes. I still fancy us to get points from any and all of the last 7 games except maybe Man City. We have 4 of those games at home. If we can''t win 1 of those 4 against Swansea, Reading, Villa and West Brom then we deserve to go down really. I wouldn''t write us off against the Arse away either or Stoke who are on the exact same points and a poor run themselves

Twisting my words, Nutty, but it''s unimportant. I wonder though how much you have outside of NCFC and this message board to get so ''exercised'' about it.

Lets try not to mention it again, hey?

Ron - have a look at what the Newcastle chief executive said...and if you dont want to believe that just have a look at our stats...less than a goal a game compared to conceding a similar amount to last season.

We may beg to differ on our thoughts on Hughton but look at what the signs are telling us ;)

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Twisting my words, Nutty, but it''s unimportant. I wonder though how much you have outside of NCFC and this message board to get so ''exercised'' about it. Lets try not to mention it again, hey?[/quote]

Sad old existence Rudolph. Nothing to fill my time apart from this. Take a break every little while for a whopper with large fries then back on here again. Don''t get Nandos delivered. Chicken is far too healthy for me. Oh, and I take anything green out of my burger before consumption. An occasional trip out to "other football" or "not football" forums is about the sum total of my exercise [:$]

The only thing that looks like keeping us up is Sunderland. While they are doing worse than us I can''t see them not filling the third slot. Sunderland, Reading and QPR. Our initial summer target of 17th spot is looking like it could come to fruition. I''m concerned, but I''m getting used to it. I don''t think that there is any call for Chris Hughton to go, picking the spirited Sunderland side just made sense. In hindsight, probably would have been better to field Whittaker and Tettey. I would love to see our strongest XI all back together and pulling their weight, things would be different.

Criticism and ranting without acknowledging the facts from our game is different thing.

For example I have nothing against person who say that. Bassong have to improve his passing, but person who would say Bassong is total rubbish and can''t defend at all and should be sold will get me all over him.

As OP says we didnt have hint of negative approach yesgterday. To be fact we left too much open space behind our fullbacks and most of opponents chances came from playing behind them,

I personaly dont agree that we cannot afford to play Hoolahan as he was for me man of the match. Creative players los balls sometimes even in bad situations, but they also make things happen.

I''m sad even a bit depressed that we lost there as 3 points were whole game closer to us than Wigan. We dictated the speed and pressure almost whole game. Only thing we lacked was goal.

I really cant find much to blame Hughton from that game except the thing I mentioned in match thread that he should have taken either Howson or Johnson off earlier as they started to be out of steam.

But then again I dont know how fit Tettey was and was it risk to play him and we really didnt have anyone else to bring on except Fox whose form is big questionmark.

Those who whine about Bennett. Again we had no offensive wingers on the bench and our game plan was working well.Mayby he could have tried Whittaker and even should have tried it, but then if we would have lost people here would have cried even more for changing winger for wing back and negative tactics..

I really dont get what people want from Norwich.Some of you say you are football fans who want good football, but last seasons "lets play only countering long ball''s" is far from good football.

It is called small team tactics, when quality is not enough to keep ball on the ground and team only tries to rely on its physics.

Yes in some games we have sitted back and we lack that "burst of energy" when we counter, but really can we blame Hughton for that?

For some of our fans Snoddy has been player of the season. When Hughton''s fateful say that he was good signing from him, people slate that Lambert wanted him too. But then again same people blame Hughton from lack of speed and direct approach,when Soddy clearly is the player who dictates which play we go slow or fast and he doesnt have pace for that many fast plays and he likes to dribble more often than try to release striker. So either you have to give Hughton credit of getting Snoddy or reckon that Lamber most likely would have tried to a bit slower approach this season with Snoddy.

Same people also slate Hughton for playing Hoolahan and say that we should play with 2 strikers instead of 4-2-3-1. Still Hoolahan is the player for us who always tries to make fast play and opens up opponents denfence for those quick counters.

Hughton tried 4-4-2 in few games and we looked so much worse thant with current tactic..

I understand the cultural difference between me and those who have born and live in England as you have always watched that 4-4-2 game and modern european football has started to taking over in premier league only 15 years or so.

Same goes for italians who love their league with overhaul of strategy which really can be more boring than turtle defence.

As we finnish really dont have that good league and our national team never plays in end tournaments, I have had to pick teams that in my opinion play good football so I never got used to one style and learned to love every aspect of this game.

In my opinion we play at the moment better football than we did last season. Is it too much for quality of our team can be different question and here is where Hughton''s responbility steps in.to reckon are we trying to do things too hard.

Again this is opinion and you can say that I''m wrong, but you have to have facts behind that Not only your opinion that Hughton is utter sh*t and we would be so much better with Sam Allardyce and his long ball + man motivating football from early 90''s.

I''m still quite sure we get at least 6 points from last games and stay up and next season we see more players that are more fitted to Hughton''s ground passing. At the end if we want our players to develope to next level at the offensive end of the pitch and not just get lucky points here and there from "trying enought" and running like headless chickens all over the pitch, this is right approach to make our team to close the gap between us and likes of Tottenham, Everton, Stoke and even Swansea who have already found their style and their success come out of that and they only need to find players that fit that puzzle.

"We play open and offensive football" is not really style. As isn''t turtle defence. You have to find balance and develope the way produce something out of that style. Not just kick the ball around the field and hope something comes out of it.

That is a way to build successful team even without money of Man City or Chelsea and for me Hughton clearly knows what he is trying to do.

Respect to the posts by ABC and Lavanche for their good analysis and good balance.

To read some posts you''d think Hughton was deliberately making the team play badly. We have what we''ve got and there is no doubt that there are huge flaws in our squad. It''s just a case of staying up and then moving on.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Respect to the posts by ABC and Lavanche for their good analysis and good balance. To read some posts you''d think Hughton was deliberately making the team play badly. We have what we''ve got and there is no doubt that there are huge flaws in our squad. It''s just a case of staying up and then moving on.[/quote]

Could not have said it better

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Respect to the posts by ABC and Lavanche for their good analysis and good balance.

To read some posts you''d think Hughton was deliberately making the team play badly. We have what we''ve got and there is no doubt that there are huge flaws in our squad. It''s just a case of staying up and then moving on.[/quote]

He is not deliberately making the team play badly but he is not able to get the team playing well, the outcome is the same. The problem is made worse by his inability to manage the squad once the game has kicked off, so many potential 3 point games left to get away for the sake of a draw, or in some cases such as yesterday a loss.