Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Match Thread - Norwich Vs Swansea

Contrary to how i often feel once we''ve scored in the first half of a game, i''d consider that a ray of hope, nothing more.There are many problems that need to be remedied before the second half starts.

"Hughton''s got it wrong..""Papering over the cracks..""Take wes off""Swansea are 10 times better than us..."and yet BBC sport has half time stats as thus:Possession 50% eachSwansea shots 7 -on target 3.Norwich shots 5- on target 4.Corners 2 for us.. 3 for them...so... how 1 sided is the game? how much better are swansea? who''s had the most chances on target?Hughtons got it wrong? so has Laudrup got it right based on the above?

We''re standing off them too much & too nervous - hence too many fouls & yellow cards. Need to be patient & not panic when they have possession.

Probably due to lack of self-confidence. Unsurprisingly.

EB is having a good game, as is KK. Snoddy & Wes misfiring a lot. In fact, just before he scored, I was thinking Whittaker should come on for him. WhaddooIknow!!

What was it with the pen? Didnt see the first half, only hughton talking to the ref, walking out...

Is anyone actually watching the game?

On the balance of play Swansea have had the better of the half but they aren''t completely annihilating us. How many clear cut chances for each side?

Anyone who thinks we are going to play Swansea and they aren''t going to have the majority of possession is clearly unaware of there style of play somehow. Its what they do with it that counts and majority of it is non-threatening possession football.

We have shown up there weakness with our goal and its that the fullbacks push too far up. We have to counter-attack and for that you need pace, I can now understand why Hughton has kept with Bennett and Kamara because they both have it.

If anyone can explain to me what formation and players, with those available, we should be using that would have put in a much better performance I''d quite happily defer to there knowledge.But taking a midfielder out for another striker would be suicidal imo, at least at this stage of the game.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"Hughton''s got it wrong..""Papering over the cracks..""Take wes off""Swansea are 10 times better than us..."and yet BBC sport has half time stats as thus:Possession 50% eachSwansea shots 7 -on target 3.Norwich shots 5- on target 4.Corners 2 for us.. 3 for them...so... how 1 sided is the game? how much better are swansea? who''s had the most chances on target?Hughtons got it wrong? so has Laudrup got it right based on the above?[/quote]
That''s flattering, for sure. I''d take a point right now rather than do another half. [:^)]

Haha outplayed? :D

Both teams play with their own strenghts and our team is getting more support for attacks from middlefield and some of you are still complaining ^^

Swansea got most of their chances again (like in Wigan game), because our fullbacks pushed forward

Swansea has controlled the possession against teams like Chelsea and Liverpool, so nothing new there.

Swansea might have been bit better team, but we were nowhere near outplayed and we were closer to 2 - 1 than they 1 - 2¨.

Our passing needs to improve and we need to get our formation quicker under the ball when we lose it. Other than that we looked just fine and finded chances on the attacking half.

Those who have barked last 10 games or so about our calm approach should be thrilled we play so open against attacking opponent ^^

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"Hughton''s got it wrong..""Papering over the cracks..""Take wes off""Swansea are 10 times better than us..."and yet BBC sport has half time stats as thus:Possession 50% eachSwansea shots 7 -on target 3.Norwich shots 5- on target 4.Corners 2 for us.. 3 for them...so... how 1 sided is the game? how much better are swansea? who''s had the most chances on target?Hughtons got it wrong? so has Laudrup got it right based on the above?[/quote]I''ve got a few judgements wrong of late, i''m more than happy to admit that... Maybe this one is too?I''m going to get my eyes tested because what i saw definitely doesn''t compute with those stats listed (... that isn''t even a jibe, i''m genuinely worried).

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]Surprise surprise, the second half continues in the same vein. Those hughton half time team talks doing the trick as per.[/quote]13th and 5 points off the drop... we were 14th and 4 points off at the start of the game...NEXT!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]Surprise surprise, the second half continues in the same vein. Those hughton half time team talks doing the trick as per.[/quote]13th and 5 points off the drop... we were 14th and 4 points off at the start of the game...NEXT![/quote]we all have a lot to bring to this discussion Joss.... from this point on you need to bring silence.... 2-1!

Great finish!  Not so keen on the "celebration" though, perhaps the players are pissed off with the negativity around the stands too?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great finish!  Not so keen on the "celebration" though, perhaps the players are pissed off with the negativity around the stands too?[/quote]

What was the celebration?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Great finish!  Not so keen on the "celebration" though, perhaps the players are pissed off with the negativity around the stands too?[/quote]I missed the celebration (To busy jumping around the living room celebrating myself!) what happened?

Free kicks wide Right and Vorm is well off his line, Snoddy/Garrido should try and curl it just inside the near post.. get Vorm scrambling!

we live up to our name as a one half team for sure, much better! glad to see we are still pushing and I feel we need another.