Sign in to follow this  

Bunn

Whittaker Bassong turner garrido

Snodgrass tettey B Johnson Pilkington

Hoolahan

Holt

I wouldn''t call a new goalkeeper straight into the unknown and B. Johson is a handy player up against the top four as he can get in the face of their creative midfielders (Dembele/Sigurdsson/Dempsey for spurs).

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Drop Howson for Johnson, and that''s my team.[/quote]

I think we need to forget about two holding midfielders for a while. Let tettey hold and tell howson to push on and link with hoolahan, howson needs a run of games to see whether he''s got what it takes. A game here and there is not working for him. Plus keeping a player in there after Saturdays humiliating defeat might reep rewards.

BunnWhittaker Bassong Turner Garrido                Johnson   Bennett   Tettey   Pilkington               Snodgrass                    Holt

But Lincoln, don''t you think atleast even Fox played better than Howson against Luton? Even if it still was a shambles he still atleast demonstrated the ability to pass the ball more accurately and spread play from one side to the other quickly. So imo, if I was to play another CM to Johnson, i''d even go with Fox over Howson.

No changes from the usual for me as long as all players are fit to start: Bunn, Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Pilks, Tettey, Johnson, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Holt.

I do think we''re missing Ruddy''s influence at the back though, since his absence our form has dropped in my opinion.

I totally agree Media, Ruddys injury has been a major blow for us as he is a great Premiership keeper who will keep you in games when sometimes you may not deserve to be. I could see potentially up to 4 points more on the board just in the last 6 games had we of had Ruddy. But hey ho, injuries happen and we have got to hope he recovers well and ready for end of season/next season. Bunn and Camp are more than capable of playing behind the sticks well and to be quite honest. They''ll have to be!

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Bunn Whittaker Bassong turner garrido Snodgrass tettey B Johnson Pilkington Hoolahan Holt I wouldn''t call a new goalkeeper straight into the unknown and B. Johson is a handy player up against the top four as he can get in the face of their creative midfielders (Dembele/Sigurdsson/Dempsey for spurs).[/quote]

I''d go with that and it''s also the basis of nearly everyone''s strongest 11. But interestingly despite the flack coming Hughton''s way 7 of this side are his signings this season and only two were signed by Lambert.

anyone confident of a new signing before then?....no me neither

got to be the tried&tested back to basics "unbeaten 10 match run" team for this one..............if that doesnt work, QPR is the one for possible changes i.e Camp & Howson + *cough* new signing/s

GJL i''m confident we may sign someone before the Spurs game but cant see it being the much hoped for big name striker. That will be deadline day if it''s going to happen. A midfielder or C.Davies more likely to arrive earlier on so that McNally and co. can concentrate on the important big money gamble.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

anyone confident of a new signing before then?....no me neither

got to be the tried&tested back to basics "unbeaten 10 match run" team for this one..............if that doesnt work, QPR is the one for possible changes i.e Camp & Howson + *cough* new signing/s

[/quote]

After the Luton game i''m feeling pessimistic about our chances of signing that "big name striker" that is sought after. Demolishing Luton was our chance to appeal to players like Graham, Hooper and RVW. They may not see us as mid-top 10 team as we were once aspiring to this season, instead rather in a relegation battle. And I have no doubt they would want to give up European football (Hooper and RVW) for a team that Hughton said was heading for a downwards spiral

Whittaker bassong turner javier

Howson tettey butterfield recalled.

Hooper RVW Graham

I will continue to dream. And this formation will probably not satisfy those who think we play too negatively

time to go back to basics if possible ie if all are fit?

camp? bunn?          whittaker-bassong-turner-garrido         snodgrass-tettey-johnson-pilkington                          hoolahan                             holtthis is more all less the team that got us on that brilliant unbeaten run so i see no reason why they cant do nearly as good again?  maybe a new striker to come on as sub in 2nd half?

This is the Line Up l would have, but l Would push the wide men further forward in more of:

Bunn

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido

Johnson Tettey

Snodgrass Hoolihan Pilkington

Holt

Formation. Just a bit more attacking IMO.

Snake

And I don''t care how young and inexperienced the Murphy boys and Loza are, I would prefer them on the bench to Kane and Jackson.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]And I don''t care how young and inexperienced the Murphy boys and Loza are, I would prefer them on the bench to Kane and Jackson.[/quote]Agreed.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]It will be Bunn i think and swap Howsen for Johnson

Or we may have a new face or 2 in by then.

Fingers crossed.[/quote]

I agree 100%.

Obviously it won''t be Kane on the bench anyway as we are playing Spurs ....... we really need some new faces quite badly.

after sats display I cant see how bennett or howson can make anyones line up

Michael Bates team is the one I would pick, although I would accept camp in place of bunn.

I agree with the poster pointing out that fox was better than howson (and he made more tackles in the first 15 minutes than BJ has in his last 2 games) however neither player did enough to deserve a start. Fox/BJ is the hardest decision for me - but he was SO poor against Luton

What is annoying is that the Luton game was a great chance for the likes of Fox to stake a claim and for whatever reason they didn''t. The first choice players are now under less pressure than they were after Liverpool which is ridiculous. They walk back in for me.

camp

whittaker bassong turner garrido

johnson

Bennett pilkington

hoolahan

snodgrass

Holt

Thats a diamond formation btw in the middle of the park with hoolahan at the front. snodgrass supporting holt

I think the time has come to give holt some support up top. Snodgrass and holt have an understanding i think.

I chose johnson instead of tettey because I think tettey''s been poor recently. poorer than johnson! either or though, both do the same job.