Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Full of part time fans

How dare you help the club generate money, just because you can''t afford a season ticket or maybe have to work Saturdays, it''s no excuse, never come to Carrow Road again! I live in Lichfield, each time I make a trip there''s a lot of time off work involved and it costs a fair bit. I did Blackpool away in the FA cup a few years ago, I''m a "part time fan" not by choice, but because I have to support my family. Get off your high horse and realise we are all in the same boat! We support Norwich and want the best for em, keep running your own supporters down, that will achieve what?

[quote user="alartz"]20,000 season ticket holders in the ground when it''s a league game.

You get on the ball city maybe twice. Stand up if you hate the scum once. Then you get we''re the Barclay........ A load half wits load of half wits, half wits all over here.

That''s pretty much it all game.

So what''s your point? The noise level has been bad

for years.

Most season ticket do think they are superior to anyone in the ground. Just look at there one sided opinions on here. You tell them a mile off[/quote]

Mate, I''ve been going to Carrow Road since the 70''s and I can only ever remember the Barclay making any noise (occasionally the Riverenders would pipe up but not often) the Barclay has become noticeably quieter in the last couple of seasons and I don''t know why, the variety of songs has also decreased as you say and there only seem to be three or four different ones sung each game, have the old diehards been priced out of going, or do they not buy into the Premiership corporate gig?

I hold a season ticket but I don''t think I''m superior to anyone else in the ground and I don''t hold one sided opinions which I express on here, I''d like to think that I consider what I post before I do it and don''t react to adversity or success with knee jerk reactions, but that''s just me.

There were only 2000 tickets that went on sale to non season ticket holders. Obviously season ticket holders could have bought them for friends etc but I think the majority of the crowd yesterday were season ticket holders. On top of that we 6000 super members who i''m sure snapped up most of the remaining tickets.

The facts are that there were 4000 totally committed singing and dancing Luton fans supporting a fully committed and driven football team.   We had a good number of fans, alot of whom don''t sing at all - and a mixture of a team of not fully match fit reserves- and the contrast  between the two seemed greater than at a league match where there are less away fans. 

All in all it was Luton''s day - and good luck to them.     Its down to our players and management to show their committment to their fans in cup matches then maybe we can get behind them a bit more.   

Was plenty of new faces near me at the back of the lower Barclay today. What made me most annoyed/laugh the most was the bloke near me who kept moaning about everyone standing up. He didn''t seem to have a clue that it''s what normally happens!

the fans were very quiet yesterday but i dont think you can blame it on ''plastic'' fans. I would suspect the majority yesterday were season ticket holders. Carrow road is never that noisy at the best of times to be honest, but i think yesterday, deep down, most knew what was going to happen.

Our fans are quite quiet,thats why dekia had her ''lets be having you moment, but that just makes it all the more inspiring when they do sing, like when we went 4-1 down to middlesboriugh in the premier league under worthing and that prompted the most rousing chorus of on the ball city i can remember at carrow road, which i beleive inspired the 4-4 draw. But lets not blame newcomers for the quietness, it was just one of those days, even the boos at the end were quiet.

ON THE BALL CITY

there isn''t a lot of noise from the lower barclay for the majority of league matches so i don''t see how new faces can be blamed... carrow roads hard core vocal support consists of about 50 people in the snake pit.... the vocal support at home games from the barclay is dire

[quote user="he likes paella "]A lot agree that our fans these days are more worried about their bobble hats getting dirty and the flasks getting knocked over than creating an atmosphere. My point was never who is a bigger fan, it''s about cheering on the boys to give them that twelfth man and yesterday where I have been sitting for 22 years there were loads of one gamers who didn''t want to know about helping our boys out. Some of you wet drips need to get out more.[/quote]Against a non-League team at home Premier League players shouldn''t really need '' helping out ''.

Yep, all those part time fans. 

The ones taking the place of the ''real'' fan who didn''t see the FA Cup as a big thing.

The ones who took an opportunity to see a match when they could afford a ticket.

All us ''part time'' fans who have supported the club for 30 years or so, who have money in to the club through merchandising, membership and previous season tickets.

Us part timers who have young families, mortgages to pay for, work commitments etc

Shame on us all

I don''t go to ever game but I always try get a seat in snakepit I love the singing and banter. Hoping to get a season ticket soon.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]There were only 2000 tickets that went on sale to non season ticket holders. Obviously season ticket holders could have bought them for friends etc but I think the majority of the crowd yesterday were season ticket holders. On top of that we 6000 super members who i''m sure snapped up most of the remaining tickets.[/quote]

Can''t agree with that - there were a very small fraction of fellow season ticket holders around me on Saturday in the Lower Barclay - tried joining in with the songs a few times but most of those around me weren''t interested in following my lead!!!! [:(]

I''m a better fan than you, blah blah f***ing blah, I''m a diehard, I sing for 90 minutes, you don''t deserve your seat in the ground, bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t. Part timers yada yada yada.

Seriously, just f*** off you sanctimonious, self righteous prick.

[quote user="he likes paella "]All over the ground - didn''t know ANY songs, turn up for their one game of the season. Disgrace - youre awful attitude made the atmosphere awful and helped our boys NIL DISGUSTING[/quote]

Can''t say that the Barclay have been in top form this season.

[quote user="yellowarmy"]Football used to be a game for the working masses where clubs represented their communities and were for ALL who lived in those communities. If you buy a season ticket, it doesn''t mean it''s your club, or that you have any special privileges or some sort of higher status as a fan. That''s why the club is called ''Norwich City Football Club'' and not ''He Likes Paella''s Football Club''. The club is for the people of Norwich, not for the ''haves'' that can afford to pay inflated premier league prices and happen to have the lifestyles that allow them to give up every Saturday afternoon. Honestly, the views expressed here sum up everything that is wrong with the Murdoch / Sky Sports / Premier League era; the privileged ''haves'' taking the game from the majority and claiming it as their own. If you really believe this is how football is, then you don''t deserve the season ticket, or to call yourself a ''fan'', irrespective of what you can afford or what songs you know. [/quote]Seriously good post.Top man (or woman!).