Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

snake pit sit down LOL

was anyone eles in snake pit got told to sit down.

it was a joke to see half of snake pit sitting.

what are they trying to do? make carrow road like a library.

The stewards tried to do it in the lower Barclay D block, one of the stewarts was disgustingly aggresive to everyone. A few of the blokes who sit around me gave as good as they got and eventually he walked off and we didnt see him until FT.Only few people listened to him and sat down though. I know its the law blah blah but look what it did to the vocal support today, sucessfully destroyed it. [:''(]

wow grown men being really naughty and standing  up at football, blocking the view of the less abled, and taking on an aggresive man in a flourescent jacket mob handed... i bet nick love can''t wait to get that on the big screen  [:$]

[quote user="DannyNCFC7"]What are they trying to do? make carrow road like a library.[/quote]Trying to enforce ground safety regulations, probably.Watch Green Street again, I''m sure it''s explained in there.

I love sitting in the River End, I have many great memories there.

But yesterday was one of the worst days regarding atmosphere in that place. I shouted out "Come on you yellows" when Pilks ran up to take a corner and everybody started giving me mean looks.

It was like one of those western scenes where the protagonist would enter the bar and the chatter would halt and the piano stop. It''s absurd.

Why are people allowed to stand up when they go somewhere (I know not where) after 40 minutes and then when they stand up again and go home after 85 minutes? Is this contravening the ground regulation regarding standing? Are there any H and S implications with forcing numerous other people to stand up?

Perhaps they could choreograph the standing and sitting, like they do the goal music - play music to stand, stop the music to sit, then at least everyone knows where they are............................

I was asked to sit down several times during the first half of the game for the first time this season but not asked at all during the second half.I don''t know for certain but I''m pretty sure that this was because there was a Stewards assessor there during the first half of the game who I didn''t spot after half time.It did a great job of killing the atmosphere.

[quote user="Harry"]I was asked to sit down several times during the first half.....It did a great job of killing the atmosphere.[/quote]Why can''t you carry on with your chantin'' n rantin'' n whoopin'' n hollerin'' n moanin'' n groanin'' when you''re sitting down? My missus does it all the time! [:S]

never understand this.. i sit down, sing along, chant and all that when at football games, then usually as with everyone we stand when theres a goal chance etc... maybe im getting old but for 90minutes i like a seat?!?!?! :)

i feel sorry for the stewards they are just trying to keep things safe and fair for everyone etc... but in the grand scheme of things- MEH! :-D

[quote user="Webbo118"]Why are people allowed to stand up when they go somewhere (I know not where) after 40 minutes and then when they stand up again and go home after 85 minutes? Is this contravening the ground regulation regarding standing? Are there any H and S implications with forcing numerous other people to stand up?[/quote]

Wouldnt have thought there would be any H+S implications, all depends what is in The Risk Assessment. if there was dangers to others etc, probably a improvement notice would be first call, but just remember the H+S at Work Act was introduced in the 70s

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]never understand this.. i sit down, sing along, chant and all that when at football games, then usually as with everyone we stand when theres a goal chance etc... maybe im getting old but for 90minutes i like a seat?!?!?! :)

i feel sorry for the stewards they are just trying to keep things safe and fair for everyone etc... but in the grand scheme of things- MEH! :-D[/quote]

it''s not unsafe to stand up.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Martin Bryant"]never understand this.. i sit down, sing along, chant and all that when at football games, then usually as with everyone we stand when theres a goal chance etc... maybe im getting old but for 90minutes i like a seat?!?!?! :) i feel sorry for the stewards they are just trying to keep things safe and fair for everyone etc... but in the grand scheme of things- MEH! :-D[/quote] it''s not unsafe to stand up.[/quote]

Maybe not but it''s against the ground regulations which help the club get a safety certificate.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe not but it''s against the ground regulations which help the club get a safety certificate.

[/quote]

There you have it Nutty and once the safety certificate is called into question some will learn the hard way i am afraid.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Martin Bryant"]never understand this.. i sit down, sing along, chant and all that when at football games, then usually as with everyone we stand when theres a goal chance etc... maybe im getting old but for 90minutes i like a seat?!?!?! :) i feel sorry for the stewards they are just trying to keep things safe and fair for everyone etc... but in the grand scheme of things- MEH! :-D[/quote] it''s not unsafe to stand up.[/quote]

[/quote]

I doubt any club in the country has ever had a stand closed because of persistent standing.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] I doubt any club in the country has ever had a stand closed because of persistent standing.[/quote]

There was a time when no club in the country had ever had to close a stand because there was no sitting.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"] I doubt any club in the country has ever had a stand closed because of persistent standing.

[/quote]

Not as yet but it is heading in that direction what with Sunderland chucking out their own season ticket holders and taping off an area because of persistent standing and Man Utd being given a reduced allocation at Anfield because of standing by their supporters in previous seasons.

Heard spmeone was ejected yesterday for persistent standing....

Wasn''t you was it Webbo[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]

You''ve got to be joking! At my age I''m more than happy to sit particularly after four hours on the golf course in the morning.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]Why are people allowed to stand up when they go somewhere (I know not where) after 40 minutes and then when they stand up again and go home after 85 minutes? Is this contravening the ground regulation regarding standing? Are there any H and S implications with forcing numerous other people to stand up?[/quote]

Wouldnt have thought there would be any H+S implications, all depends what is in The Risk Assessment. if there was dangers to others etc, probably a improvement notice would be first call, but just remember the H+S at Work Act was introduced in the 70s

[/quote]

What is the significance of that?