Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Next 4 'Christmas' games

In days of old (well my days of old anyway), Norwich were not a good Christmas side, often dropping a little in form - however, that has all changed in the last few years, so, with WBA, Chelsea, Man City and West Ham to play, what do we realistically expect points wise from these?

Obviously we''d all like 12 from 12, not unmanageable, especially with Chelsea and Man City coming to FCR, however, I''d love 8 points, although not to be greedy I''ll take 4 all draws and remain unbeaten...  for what it''s worth (in Lawrenson style), I''ll predict the following;

WBA (A) - away win - slipping in form a little, there for the taking, plus with a Baggie fan friend, would love it

Chelsea (H) - home win - having done Arsenal and Man U, I think we should make it three from three

Man City (H) - draw - just can''t see us winning, they thumped us last year, twice, and have always a bit of a bogey side

West Ham (A) - draw - tough place to go, but don''t see why we can''t come away with a point.

Your thoughts?

WBA - Win

Chelsea - Lose

Man City - Lose

West Ham - Draw

I cant really justify my predictions, especially after our outstanding home record of late, but its just a gut feeling!!

Four points would be a good return from those games, all of which are tough, but we could get more. The main thing is to keep the unbeaten run going.

An average of a point a game would suit me fine, if we could manage it. It would have to involve one win and one draw, as I can''t see us drawing all. Where would the win come from? I can''t see us winning either of the home games, so it will hve to be either the Hawthorns or Upton Park, with the former more likely. The Albion were going like a train, but seem to have lost their way slightly. Much will depend on injries and exhaustion, our''s and also of other team''s.

I would like more than four points, but I think four''s on the high side of likely, and we may have to settle for two or three.

WBA - Win -

Chelsea - Win -

Man City - Win -

West Ham - Win -

We''re going to get a very good Christmas present this year ;)

Albion haven''t scored for 5 hours or so and West Ham have injury problems and don''t score much either, so we could well get six points from those games given luck.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]WBA - Win -

Chelsea - Win -

Man City - Win -

West Ham - Win -

We''re going to get a very good Christmas present this year ;)[/quote]37 points by close of play on New Year''s Day?  I''ll take that!

If we can manage a point per game average in these kind of fixtures, we''ll have been non too shabby.

Christmas is a time of the year for unusual heroes but in our case the accolades are already being well shared around.

I believe we have ever chance of a result at WBA who, after a dip in form, would have seen six points on offer in their games against West Ham and Norwich.

West Ham doggedly gained a draw, well they can expect just the same doggedness from us but with more quality. I can see Norwich keeping a clean sheet here.

Chelsea fly back from Japan and quickly go to Leeds who will tear into them like they did in the 1970''s. I don''t expect Chelsea to come away unscathed.

Villa will give them another tough game on Sunday and they have little breathing space before we tear into them on Boxing Day. Earlier in the season I saw this game as a loss but with our results, shape and set up we should certainly get a result unless one of Chelsea''s best players has a Suarez.

Man City. Unfortunately Balotelli is unlikely to start and with their shooting quality I see a result as difficult here, but it is my birthday so I will wish.

West Ham. On the slide IMO. Horrible side, horrible club nowadays too. I''d love to see them go down so they can shove their taxpayer funded new stadium where the sun doesn''t shine. A draw is a possibility depending on how we fare injury wise to our key players over the period.

Prediction 7 Points.

Who knows with this City side at the moment - the trouble is we may end up like WBA & Swansea in that when our unbeaten run ends we will lose a couple on the bounce.

A lot will depend on keeping our key players fit particularly Bassong & Tettey. Any kind of hamstring strain for Holt will mean he will miss the entire Christmas programme and that will be a BIG blow.

Best chance of a win is probably WBA who are out of form - however they do have Shane Long who normally scores against us. I am going for 3-1 to us, I have a feeling Morison will come in and score and Tettey is due to smash one in from 20yrds! Most be a due a pen too!

Chelsea have had a long trip away and have 2 games to play before we play them - not sure if Terry will be fit & Cahill might be suspended. We might have enough to nick it but you sense that maybe Rafa will get them playing. I''d be happy with a draw from this one.

Man C - if they play like they did in the 1st half against Newcastle then we are in for a very hard game. Might also be a few psychological scars from the 2 hidings we got last year. I think we are very likely to lose this one - a shame as I am back for this one!

West Ham - have huge injury problems at the mo - only named 6 subs yesterday and most were kids. However, Big Sam knows how this league works - think this will be a draw.

So 5 points - which will take us to 30 points. Will be very happy with this particularly after 3 points from the first 7!!

Optimistically can see us beating west brom, winning one of the home games and drawing with west ham. Realistically take a draw from west brom and one of the home matches whilst losing the other two

4 points or more would be good going and I think were more than capable of beating WBA, WH and Chelsea on our day, so maybe I''m being a bit dour but I can see this:

WBA (A) - Draw

Chelsea (H) - Draw

Man City (H) - Loss

West Ham (A) - Draw

And to be honest I wouldn''t be unhappy.

WBA - Win

Chelsea - Win

Man City - Draw

Wet Spam - Win

10 points, still unbeaten and by the time 2013 begins we will hopefully be 2 games off the magic 40 point mark.

Got a feeling it''s going to be a good Christmas

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

I would love it, just love it if we beat Man City!!!!!!

Seriously some bold predictions on here.....

We will continue our Barca form this weekend with a 3-2 win at WBA.

Shuddering holt to the run come Chelsea, 4-1 to Chelsea, we never do well against Chelsea even when we play well we appear to get well beaten!

Then the visit of the biggest panto team in the land, to coin the Star Wars phrase "wretched hive of scum and villainy" Man City come to town, and again we never do well, but I have a feeling this one could be the one where the ref is on our side, a red card for Toure and a goal by mighty Holt and I''ll go for a 1-1 draw here.

Last our visit to West Ham, who again are sliding in form, we are good away from home and can cope with the boring hoof it up to the strikers well, a boring 0-0.

So that''s 5 points, but more likely 4 points as Man City will probably win! I just don''t know with Man City!!!!!

Would be happy with

its a very tough set of games - it could be nil points but I would be happy with 3 and very happy with 4. Our current run rate of 2pts per game is the max we can expect - 8 points - and that would be exceptional...

Would love it to be 6 or 7, but I can''t see us picking up any more than 2 points from these four games and that would''nt be a disaster. Our unbeaten run has to end sometime and without some added firepower it will be difficult to find a win amongst that quartet.There were a few disturbing signs of complacency on Saturday and the usually two solid defensive banks of four looked a bit ragged at times, a better side than Wigan would have punished us.Hopefully Hoots will restore the attitude and application which has produced such a good run and we will continue to astound the pundits.

After a fantastic run we may have to be prepared for a difficult 4 games. We have confounded expectations but we could finish up with nothing from these 4 quite easily. I would settle for 2 draws it would take us on the 27 points halfway through the season with more winnable home games on the horizon after that