Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Villa getting tonked again

4 down against Spurs. They could very well get dragged into the relegation scrap. QPR and Reading certs IMO but 3 or 4 others will fight for the final spot.

I get the feeling that had we knocked Villa out of the Cup a few weeks back then coupled with recent heavy defeats and league position then Lambert would''ve been sacked by now.

Still not long til their two legged semi v''s Bradford.... And if they choke that then I can''t see how PL will keep his job.

Shit happens as they say! :)

I must confess, having read numerous reports recently that Villa fans are patient as their club is building for the future, I could not resist a wry smile as their faithful departed the terraces in their droves very early at at Villa Park today.

Villa''s next game is Reading I believe?. If they lose that I wonder if Lerner might be tempted to pull the trigger ahead of the Jan transfer window in favour of a manager who is more used to signing/working with the experienced players they need to get themselves out of trouble?

Watched the Villa game and it could have been another eight! I''m puzzled by his strategy, even though he has a few senior players injured he is not playing his remaining experience in the team or those players who were their better players before he joined......thought they were really terrible today and will certainly get tonked a few more times this season without some changes, Spurs won at a canter. 

The League Cup win against us and the crucial win against Liverpool have kept them safe so far. They have a habit of picking up a vital win when they need it. Just depends how they go against their direct rivals when they play them starting with Wigan on Sat

A hat-trick, a goal and a clean sheet. Thank you Paul, my dreamteam is looking good tonight.

Lambert is purely surviving off the alibi that they happened to ahev McCleish there last season. However he can surely only live off that for so long abd they can only blame the shape that they were left in by McCleish for so long, afterall they weren''t as cvlose to the relegation zone at this stage stage of the season under him?

At the end of the day Lambert was given in the region of £20m to spend in the summer, nobody put a gun to his head and told him to shop at the likes of Crewe,Sheffield United,Middlesbro etc etc, he could have bought experienced Premiership players. Equally it was his choice to discard the likes of Hutton and Warnock and not play Bent,Ireland and Nzogbia, again I presume nobody has pressured him into doing that?

If Villa were halfway up the table or above you could say that all of the above were justified but I can''t believe that being 3 points off relegation at the halfway stage was in Lerner''s plan?

They need a good transfer window and one wonders who they will be able to attract, or how much money they have?

I suspect PL is being told to cut the wage bill and dramatically ( i think they lost in excess of £50m last year) and as a result has to buy unknowns or lower league players.We have a momentum last year that kept  us buoyant for much of our first premier league season but i can''t help feeling that Lambert walking out may actually have been to the club''s benefit now.

I''ve got a mate who is a Birmingham fan......jokes galore today.I went to a fancy dress shop for a Dracula costume, and they gave me an

Aston Villa shirt "You misheard me, mate" I said, "I wanted to look like a

count"

And this Xmas is now dubbed the 12 goals of Christmas! [:D]

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Have fans ever followed a former NCFC manager''s career at their new club so avidly as with PL?[/quote]

yes Mike Walker and lookat how that ended for him.....here''s hoping for something similar or worse?!? #karma

Think it''s more the fact he left for Villa who finished well below us and aren''t a top club. Doubt there''d be half the resentment if he''d left for a much better team/club than them. It''s sometimes nice to prove that the grass isn''t always greener on the other side. Either way though, NCFC is the priority and the foremost thing in all our footballing thoughts! I''d actually forgotten that Villa played tonight and it was an amusing result to see, but they''ll probably bounce back ''fine''

Fair points GJL and York Canary. Is there any comparison between the 2 of them? Always felt some City fans were unjust in their reactions to Walker leaving as he did because of Chase''s behaviour. McNally has hardly sold off the family silver the way Chase did.

I have no doubt. Lambert''s skills lie in motivating for good performance but he needs a willing audience. By the end of last season it was apparent that the ability to lift was wearing thin. There are only so many ways you can motivate and after three years I think it had run its course.

I suspect his problem at Villa is that not enough players are buying his style and until he fills the team with his players.

They have Wigan at home on Saturday, Lose that and it may be a case of how much longer will they give him. Hope they stick by him so we can send them down when we play them. Wonder how many of the arrogant Villa fans that were chanting his name last season are regretting that now?