Sign in to follow this  
cityislife

Morison off.

I think he''s a good striker unfairly slated by sections of our support who don''t really understand football

HE ENT SCORUN THE GOOLS NAEL

But i want us to sell him just because the Morison baiting I hear behind me from the animated corpses in the City Stand (yes, I''m obviously a member of the prawn sandwich brigade) is too much to take

Where has he admitted this?

And I''m fairly sure we would sell, if we have realistic targets to replace him with. He''s not been on form at all this season, shown the odd glimpse of his potential ability (Spurs away, he scored against Liverpool, did well enough against Villa both times we played and did ok against Man.C) but essentially he''s not been anywhere near the standerd we saw from him in the first half of last season, has been given game time, albeit not huge amounts and he hasn''t done enough to displace Holt (who hasn''t been banging them in, even though his all round play is amazing and vital, if Moro looked more likely to score it''s almost certain he would be getting more game time when Holt was/is for, but Moro doesn''t look like that).

Personally don''t doubt his ability but as fans we need to see effort and passion. He show''s neither. Cant say he hasn''t had the chances as well.

I''ll be surprised if Moro stays in the Prem.

I think his main problem, is his hair.  It''s weighing him down.  He needs to go back to a skin head.

We don''t need to see effort and passion, look at Berbatov, and passion is very very subjective and shown in many many ways. I think saying Moriosn isn''t passionate isn''t fair, you don''t know the bloke, unless he has said something to suggest that (like Zamora saying he doesn''t like football, he must find it hard to show any passion while playing, other than the passion to earn his money).

Effort is also an odd one, I love it when people call him lazy, he''s not lazy, I simply cannot believe two premiership managers would play someone in two different seasons in the best league in the world, who is lazy. He is playing a professional sport, at the highest level.

If we had never signed Holt, and Martin had been our main striker and we singed ''Moro, no one would be calling him lazy. It''s just compared to Holt who will chase anything and everything.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

I''ll be surprised if Moro stays in the Prem.

I think his main problem, is his hair.  It''s weighing him down.  He needs to go back to a skin head.

[/quote]Powerful words there my friend. And none so truer. He looked a mentalist as a skin head and hard as nails

I can''t find anything about this either after a fair lengthy search.

I think we would sell him, I was just saying because Villa want him, doesn''t mean we have to sell

and no response from the OP...so possibly the usual tripe. Stirs up a mini-frenzy and gets a few posts about it and we all go away knowing just as much as before

[quote user="York Canary"]and no response from the OP...so possibly the usual tripe. Stirs up a mini-frenzy and gets a few posts about it and we all go away knowing just as much as before[/quote]Sorry paul faulkners twitter.

[quote user="cityislife"]Personally don''t doubt his ability but as fans we need to see effort and passion. He show''s neither. Cant say he hasn''t had the chances as well.
[/quote]

All aboard the scapegoat bandwagon.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Its a parody account. Ignore it.[/quote]

But it''s twitter ! It must be right !!!!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Name the time and place and I''ll give him a lift, distance no object.

[/quote]

All aboard the scapegoat bandwagon?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Personally don''t doubt his ability but as fans we need to see effort and passion. He show''s neither. Cant say he hasn''t had the chances as well.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Some fans need to see effort and passion as well as needing scapegoats. Many fans and especially those who think about football look for more lasting qualities such as skill, sporting intelligence and the ability to contribute to the team''s overall performance.

When I read or hear people having a go at various players and their work rate I often wonder what they would have made of Ted MacDougal one of the best goal scorers I have ever seen play for Norwich. For those who are too young to have seen him play he would be slaughtered by the fans who are purely focused on work rate.

If Morison scored goals whilst doing whatever he does he wouldn''t get so much stick. Hell I can''t be part of the ''scapegoat bandwagon'' because I''ve never rated him, even last season. He almost convinced me but went completely off form and has rarely been seen since (contribution wise). He often gets compared to Berbatov. Berbatov at least has ball control and hold up play as well as goals in his game.

[quote user="PKC"]When I read or hear people having a go at various players and their work rate I often wonder what they would have made of Ted MacDougal one of the best goal scorers I have ever seen play for Norwich. For those who are too young to have seen him play he would be slaughtered by the fans who are purely focused on work rate.[/quote]

QFT

Likewise I have rarely seen any player match Andy "Clapper" Hughes for sheer energy and committment while playing for city,  even Grant struggles to match him.    Sadly his ability was woefully poor,  with the notable exception of being able to "pass" the ball out of touch without letting it touch the ground first - a regular feat he could achieve across the width of the pitch as well as down a flank!  

[quote user="PKC"]When I read or hear people having a go at various players and their work rate I often wonder what they would have made of Ted MacDougal one of the best goal scorers I have ever seen play for Norwich. For those who are too young to have seen him play he would be slaughtered by the fans who are purely focused on work rate.[/quote]

If Morison scored goals on a regular basis in the manner of Ted MacDougal "work-rate" would be last thing anyone would be thinking about. 

A little harsh judging him on goals scored this season when Holt - with far more playing time - only has four.

[quote user="cityislife"]CEO of Aston villa admitting that Steve Morison is their top target. I would accept and move on. Never showed the effort.
[/quote]

If that''s the limit of their ambition, they are going down.

I''ll have a pony on that donkey that scored for the Canaries (some time ago).

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some fans need to see effort and passion as well as needing scapegoats. Many fans and especially those who think about football look for more lasting qualities such as skill, sporting intelligence and the ability to contribute to the team''s overall performance.

[/quote]

Meaning running around like a headless chicken. People with more than one brain cell can see that you dont have to be running round for the full 90 minutes to put in some ''effort''. He wouldnt get picked by 2 managers if he was ''lazy'' and didnt put any ''effort'' in.