Sign in to follow this  
cityislife

Morison off.

[quote user="PKC"]When I read or hear people having a go at various players and their work rate I often wonder what they would have made of Ted MacDougal one of the best goal scorers I have ever seen play for Norwich. For those who are too young to have seen him play he would be slaughtered by the fans who are purely focused on work rate.[/quote]....yeah, but Ted had Charlie working for him, possibly the best front two in city history, and Ted was also quite a bit faster than Morro.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="PKC"]When I read or hear people having a go at various players and their work rate I often wonder what they would have made of Ted MacDougal one of the best goal scorers I have ever seen play for Norwich. For those who are too young to have seen him play he would be slaughtered by the fans who are purely focused on work rate.[/quote]....yeah, but Ted had Charlie working for him, possibly the best front two in city history, and Ted was also quite a bit faster than Morro.
[/quote]

Really? Care to provide their 100 metres times?

[quote user="cityislife"]CEO of Aston villa admitting that Steve Morison is their top target. I would accept and move on. Never showed the effort.[/quote]I''ll personally drive him and pay for the petrol.

It''s posts like this that make me worry for the future of this club. Four losses in a row and a scapegoat has to be found. Last season he scored 10 goals and played a vital part in keeping City in the PL. This season, CH has opted for a single striker and Moro''s chances have been limited. A cup game here or there, cameo appearances for the last 15 or 20 minutes of games and that is enough for people who have never played the game at a professional level to write him off with fatuous remarks and glib statements. It''s simply pathetic!

I have no problem with Morro - he was outstanding in the 1st half of last season & has had very limited chances this term. However, if we can recoup our outlay and get in a better player (and this is the key element) then I have no issue with him leaving & I won''t be booing him should he ever return.

Struggled this season , but lambert signed him and may think he can get the best out of him. IMO we could re invest the $3m or so much better than keeping him but dare not sellwithout a replacement/s

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Struggled this season , but lambert signed him and may think he can get the best out of him. IMO we could re invest the $3m or so much better than keeping him but dare not sellwithout a replacement/s[/quote]

Eh up!

Agree with the posts about recouping the money we spent and getting better replacement(s). I wonder if Vaughan goes permanently in Jan and Chris Martin too as they''re basically not contributing anything as it is by being out on loan. I imagine that Simeon is in the same boat as Moro if any bids come in for him..

You certainly wouldn''t bet against Holt being the only one of our 5 current strikers being here next year.

Jackson & Morison are good top end Champs Strikers who can do a job in the Prem, Martin is a bottom end Champs/top end L1 player. Vaughan is a Prem player but just too many fitness concerns.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]It''s posts like this that make me worry for the future of this club. Four losses in a row and a scapegoat has to be found. Last season he scored 10 goals and played a vital part in keeping City in the PL. This season, CH has opted for a single striker and Moro''s chances have been limited. A cup game here or there, cameo appearances for the last 15 or 20 minutes of games and that is enough for people who have never played the game at a professional level to write him off with fatuous remarks and glib statements. It''s simply pathetic![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. It''s the old scapegoat bandwagon with a load of sheep on board.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]It''s posts like this that make me worry for the future of this club. Four losses in a row and a scapegoat has to be found. Last season he scored 10 goals and played a vital part in keeping City in the PL. This season, CH has opted for a single striker and Moro''s chances have been limited. A cup game here or there, cameo appearances for the last 15 or 20 minutes of games and that is enough for people who have never played the game at a professional level to write him off with fatuous remarks and glib statements. It''s simply pathetic![/quote]I have been scapegoating him since early 2012 thank you very much !And please dont go on about chances and time and professional level. The bloke has no heart for the game, thats obvious for anyone who actually follows the football team !He was fantastic at the start of last year but what ever fire was driving him seems to be extingished. I think he would do himself a favour by moving on. Its obvious he can cut it at a Prem level, but also very obvious that he does not wish to !!

His fire was extinguished by fans constantly moaning and groaning about him. If you play for a team and all you hear is shit from your own crowd, would you really be bothered to stick on your boots?