Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

James Nursey Striker Update

Abdellaoue would be a hell of a signing. Not sure it would happen, though.

Again, I''m sure he''d be tempted by a move to Norwich- we can offer a lot and there is the Tettey connection- but, with Lazio and Arsenal reportedly interested (word is he''s especially keen on Lazio) I just don''t think we have the pulling power... not yet, anyway.

Some one with a little more experience but the same potential as Kane will do me - will have to trust the managers judgement whether its Cameron, CMS, Falcao, Gomis or ANOther.

Ideally I would like a striker who can push grant to the subs bench - as a prem player Grant has always scored more goals having been dropped, so we need an alternative good enough to start for 3-4 consecutive games.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Abdellaoue would be a hell of a signing. Not sure it would happen, though. Again, I''m sure he''d be tempted by a move to Norwich- we can offer a lot and there is the Tettey connection- but, with Lazio and Arsenal reportedly interested (word is he''s especially keen on Lazio) I just don''t think we have the pulling power... not yet, anyway.[/quote]

There was a very strong rumour that he was going to Lazio last summer but he didn''t. I agree that he''s a real catch, but maybe our performance this season and the prospect of a regular start might just swing it...

And, after all, Rome''s only a slightly bigger version of Norwich....[;)]

Going back to Mulenga, the strongest link seems to be ''Jacob Mulenga could seal move at Premier League side Norwich City'' on the Zambian football site:

http://www.zambianfootball.co.zm/?p=2832

It still may not be true, but this at least seems to have some substance to it. Worth a read.

we will have to keep a watch on the stands then;  fee agreed, medical taking place and watching the game from the stands tomorrow according to the report - eyes peeled all!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]we will have to keep a watch on the stands then;  fee agreed, medical taking place and watching the game from the stands tomorrow according to the report - eyes peeled all![/quote]

That reminds me of one of my favourite absurd transfer rumours, from this time of the season two or three years ago. Someone claimed that they had spotted sitting at the back of The Jarrold this French or French-speaking centre-back (whose name I annoyingly can''t remember) who''d been playing in England in the Premier League for some seasons but was now injury-prone and looking for a new club.

This was roundly rubbished, on the basis that who would recognise a player who wasn''t that well-known a face. Except it turned out to be true. I think he did some training with the club, but nothing came of it, presumably because his injury problems were too serious.

^^^ Was the French/French-Speaking centre back Ronald Zubar from Wolves?

...I recall him being linked with a move to Norwich previously.

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]^^^ Was the French/French-Speaking centre back Ronald Zubar from Wolves? ...I recall him being linked with a move to Norwich previously.[/quote]

Not him. A better-known player than Zubar, but not so well-known I can remember the bl**dy name! I have a feeling he played for either Southampton or Portsmouth, and possibly even Man City.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]^^^ Was the French/French-Speaking centre back Ronald Zubar from Wolves? ...I recall him being linked with a move to Norwich previously.[/quote]

Not him. A better-known player than Zubar, but not so well-known I can remember the bl**dy name! I have a feeling he played for either Southampton or Portsmouth, and possibly even Man City.

[/quote]

Linvoy Primus from Pompey?

Zipper mentions a preference for a forward of quality to push Holt because of his comparative lack of goals this season.

Thing is Zipper, with the formation we are playing, none of our forwards are scoring for fun compared to last year. Certainly a quality striker to help Holty is now essential but Holt certainly doesn''t need a ''push''

The Zambian report adds credibility to the rumour. Plus the fact that he''ll be off to the Africa Cup seem to fit a Norwich pattern of signing players who are unavailable on short term. 

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]The defender who trialled a few years back was Lucien Mettomo[/quote]

Thank you! That was driving me ever so slightly mad.[*-)][:@][8-)]

If indeed we are signing this lad it seems madness that our new striker would be not available and liable to get injured off on duty aswell.

So far the list of potential candidates that fit the characteristics are...

Jacob Mulennga, Marouane Chamakh, Bafetimbi Gomis, Demba Ba, Rafik Djebbour, Dieumerci Mbokani and Ibrahima Toure.

Surely Nursey can help narrow this list down and relieve our confusion eh?

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]So far the list of potential candidates that fit the characteristics are... Jacob Mulennga, Marouane Chamakh, Bafetimbi Gomis, Demba Ba, Rafik Djebbour, Dieumerci Mbokani and Ibrahima Toure. Surely Nursey can help narrow this list down and relieve our confusion eh?[/quote]

Don''t forget that according to the Daily Mail we want to sign strikers Leigh Griffiths and Raoul Loe. No, I hadn''t heard of them either...

I''d completely forgotten about Rafik Djebbour, Renskey. One of the players I''ve been scouting.

Very talented, but for some insane reason he hasn''t been selected for the Algerian squad for the ACN, so he would be immediately available.

If it is Mulenga, consider the African Cup a chance for some of us to see him in action before he puts on the yellow jersey.

If it is him, then Hughton considers him worth waiting for until after the ACN. I trust his judgement.

lol just a little bit of yellow and green dye required and he would be an instant hero

Mulenga looks poor to me and from what i have heard he has been injured alot this season was good in his first season but last two not played much and not as prolific. Fast, poor touch won''t bring lots of goals is what i am hearing. Toure playing in the second league for Monaco. But has a good record the level of football is hard to judge. Another name it could be a player we have been linked with African French speaking and 28 but not the right height Modou Sougou and he was recently watched but us when his team played United. What you think?

BW, "what you have heard" seems to be a bit one-eyed: Mulenga has started 16 games this season, scoring 7 and missing only a couple of matches. He scored 7 in 11 last season before doing his cruciate, which is always a longer-term spell out, but not as career threatening as it used to be. His scoring record of every other game is pretty good.

I''ve no idea whether he is our guy, but looks a decent player. I''d be a little more concerned about him going missing for his national side than anything else.

You heard this, BW? From whom? Where?

He had a few months out last season- and thus missed Zambia winning the ACN. This season, the little knock he took a few weeks ago, which caused him to miss half a game as a precaution, as well as two weeks out for something in September are the only problems this season that I am aware of.

If Hughton is in for him (its still an if at this point, of course) I''m guessing he''s over the injuries that have held him back.

Rest assured, BW. He is a very good striker and highly regarded.

Borrowed these video compilations from the Not606 board. Don''t know whether the links will work, but if not it''s worth having a look on page 2 of the ''Not Much to Go On'' Post over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qXFmF_WahLc

Now this one however, wide range of finishing, plenty of pace looks perfect for this league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G8kVC5z1Fc0

Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post