Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Lappin loan to Cardiff

Bye bye King. I don''t think we''ll beseeing you again in the yellow and green. A good professional who sticks to the task with out throwig his toys out of the pram.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Bye bye King. I don''t think we''ll beseeing you again in the yellow and green. A good professional who sticks to the task with out throwig his toys out of the pram.

[/quote]

one of the first sensible posts I''ve seen from you Mungo...

[/quote]

You''re just too quick to write people off, mungo.   If we get one or two injuries at the back, he may well have a part to play this season.   A useful back up player who needs to get match fit.  A sensible move. 

That is ten players out on loan now. This looks like the precursor to a permanent move, as do a few of the others, such as Chris Martin. A bit of deck-clearing to free up spaces and wages before the transfer window.

Best of luck at Cadiff Simon. If this does signal the end of your Norwich career, then my sincere thanks, you have been a credt to Norwich and your profession.

Best of luck at Cardiff Simon. If this does signal the end of your Norwich career, then my sincere thanks, you have been a credt to Norwich and your profession.

[/quote]

I''d rather have players who ''throw their toys'' around rather than those happy to not play and pick up their wages.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

I''d rather have players who ''throw their toys'' around rather than those happy to not play and pick up their wages.

[/quote]On that basis Bethnal, Lappin should have gone when that brilliant and astute manager Roeder took such an irrational dislike to him. If a player is given a contract why shouldn''t he stay and fight for a place? Fortunately he didn''t go but stayed and played a key role for us in getting promotion - remember he played more games than any other player in the 2009/10 season. I''d rather pay to see players who give their all and with the right attitude. (Few would have given him any chance of a game away to Arsenal - never mind acquitting himself well on the day). Good luck King. I for one would not mind seeing him play for us one more time. Given his goal drought it would be ironic indeed if his last game for City was in fact one in which he actually scored!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That is ten players out on loan now. This looks like the precursor to a permanent move, as do a few of the others, such as Chris Martin. A bit of deck-clearing to free up spaces and wages before the transfer window.[/quote]

Disagree this looks to be made permanent. Cardiff have injury worries and lappin looks to be going as cover for the important coming weeks for Cardiff. No offence to the king of Spain, but I also dont think this is the sort of ''inspiring'' signing their fans want.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On that basis Bethnal, Lappin should have gone when that brilliant and astute manager Roeder took such an irrational dislike to him. If a player is given a contract why shouldn''t he stay and fight for a place?

Fortunately he didn''t go but stayed and played a key role for us in getting promotion - remember he played more games than any other player in the 2009/10 season. I''d rather pay to see players who give their all and with the right attitude. (Few would have given him any chance of a game away to Arsenal - never mind acquitting himself well on the day). Good luck King. I for one would not mind seeing him play for us one more time. Given his goal drought it would be ironic indeed if his last game for City was in fact one in which he actually scored!
[/quote]

Yeah, he probably should have gone then.

I have nothing against Lappin, but feel the greatest thing he ever did in his Norwich career in the eyes of most fans was to be disliked by Roeder. The fact he was happy to be 3rd choice or lower for a 18 months during what should be the peak of his career suggests that he wasn''t too bothered about not getting many games. He is, of course, entitled to stay at the club and continue to get paid but I don''t see why that should make him a fan favourite.

Goodbye Lappin, you were adequate.

Played a big part in the back-to-back promotions & always gave his all but the 18 months he spent out of the picture wasn''t down to him wanting to fight for his place but more to do with the fact he couldn''t get the same inflated wages he had here, elsewhere.

I don''t really hold that against him as such but don''t think he deserves the plaudits he gets for ''not giving up'' on his NCFC career.

[quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]That is ten players out on loan now. This looks like the precursor to a permanent move, as do a few of the others, such as Chris Martin. A bit of deck-clearing to free up spaces and wages before the transfer window.[/quote] Disagree this looks to be made permanent. Cardiff have injury worries and lappin looks to be going as cover for the important coming weeks for Cardiff. No offence to the king of Spain, but I also dont think this is the sort of ''inspiring'' signing their fans want.[/quote]

Sorry, I should have been clearer. By permanent moves I didn''t necessarily mean to Lappin to Cardiff, or Chris Martin to Swindon. I take your point that Cardiff might be looking for younger and/or better. But having now ten players on loan does suggest we are hoping to offload some of them permanently.

Huge respect for Lappin, didnt get much of a look in last season but when called upon, eg away at QPR he did a great job for us. I would expect a lot of Championship clubs to be interested in a player like him.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Huge respect for Lappin, didnt get much of a look in last season but when called upon, eg away at QPR he did a great job for us. I would expect a lot of Championship clubs to be interested in a player like him.[/quote]

Away at QPR was when he didn''t do well, was supposed to be marking Barton, and was taken off at HT...

Hope he gets a permanent transfer, deserves some first team football.

Well Ginger my memory of that game is different to yours. He actually played about 60 mins and went off in one of Lamberts multiple substitutions, that he so often did, and we went on to win.

Let''s face it, Cardiff have been after Lappin since he scored against them from 30 yards out. And what a goal it was too (though I think we lost that game in the end).

Oh dear. Perhaps he is just a decent guy, a complete professional and was intent on doing his job to the very best of his ability.

[quote user="Rhiadd"]

Oh dear. Perhaps he is just a decent guy, a complete professional and was intent on doing his job to the very best of his ability.

[/quote]

Just so.  Some people have no idea.   He is the kind of player that fans should appreciate.  Reliable- versatile - and ready when called upon.  You can''t have a squad of players who are all first team regulars.   It may or may not be time for him to move on, but whatever.   Why are people so quick to run our players down?  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rhiadd"]

[/quote]

Just so.  Some people have no idea.   He is the kind of player that fans should appreciate.  Reliable- versatile - and ready when called upon.  You can''t have a squad of players who are all first team regulars.   It may or may not be time for him to move on, but whatever.   Why are people so quick to run our players down?  

[/quote]

I''m not sure anyone''s running him down, just saying like it is, I liked Lappin in the last three seasons, but he did have the opportunity of regular first team football before that at St Mirren I think, they couldn''t afford his wages and he wouldn''t reduce his demands (fair enough I suppose) so he stayed at City training and playing with the reserves. Certainly always gave his all when he was needed though, so good luck!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rhiadd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes I think LDC dear that your computer is different to mine, I think yours shows posts that mine does not. Who is "running down" dear Simon, is there a page of posts that I have missed. It is you dear who I have often observed criticising our payers with little justification and to be  honest dear little understanding of what really is a beautiful game.   [:-*]